Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question About Toledo's AD
Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
Question About Toledo's AD
Not here to start any rumors, just asking a question.

Has anyone on here heard anything about Mike O'Brien interviewing for other AD jobs?

Thanks.
07-16-2016 09:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: Question About Toledo's AD
(07-16-2016 09:11 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Not here to start any rumors, just asking a question.

Has anyone on here heard anything about Mike O'Brien interviewing for other AD jobs?

Thanks.

Mike O'Brien's contract runs through July 2021 with a State of Ohio retirement pension.. I'm sure there is a nice buyout clause.
07-17-2016 03:37 AM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2016 03:37 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(07-16-2016 09:11 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Not here to start any rumors, just asking a question.

Thanks.

Mike O'Brien's contract runs through July 2021 with a State of Ohio retirement pension.. I'm sure there is a nice buyout clause.

Thanks for the information. I don't know if he'd be interested, but North Texas is looking for a new AD. I really like what O'Brien has done at Toledo. I think y'all have a great AD.

The buyout doesn't bother me, but the pension would probably be an issue. After 14 years, he hasn't earned his state pension yet?
07-17-2016 12:50 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-17-2016 12:50 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(07-17-2016 03:37 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I don't know if he'd be interested, but North Texas is looking for a new AD. I really like what O'Brien has done at Toledo. I think y'all have a great AD.

The buyout doesn't bother me, but the pension would probably be an issue. After 14 years, he hasn't earned his state pension yet?

Not sure, but probably the % of base salary increases at certain year increments.
07-17-2016 01:50 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Typically, with state pensions in Ohio, a person is vested after five years. The pension is based on the average of the top three years of salary multiplied by 2.2 percent per year (and 2.5 percent for every year past the 30th year). A person has to be age 60 to retire unless they have at least 25 years of service.
07-18-2016 09:54 AM
Advertisement

kreed5120 Online
1st String

I Root For: Akron
North Texas seems like it would be a lateral move. If he was looking to leave, figure he would hold out for something better.
07-18-2016 12:30 PM
IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
He could be looking to double dip. He must be past 60 so could draw retirement from the Ohio system and still hold a job and get a salary at another university.
07-18-2016 03:42 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(07-18-2016 03:42 PM)IULurker Wrote:  He could be looking to double dip. He must be past 60 so could draw retirement from the Ohio system and still hold a job and get a salary at another university.

Possible, but most folks in their 60s would not want to start with another employer and have to re-qualify for vesting with their new employee.

My guess is that the amount of retirement he'd draw in a new retirement system would be much less than for similar time in his current (Ohio) retirement system if he stayed at Toledo.
07-18-2016 08:24 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-18-2016 12:30 PM)kreed5120 Wrote:  North Texas seems like it would be a lateral move. If he was looking to leave, figure he would hold out for something better.

Maybe, but North Texas could pay him double what Toledo is currently paying.

Not sure how many years he would need to work to qualify for the TRS retirement here in Texas.
07-19-2016 11:11 AM
Advertisement

rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Dunno if the Olympic sports are better, but boy football and mens basketball arent exactly shouting awesome program.

(07-19-2016 11:11 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(07-18-2016 12:30 PM)kreed5120 Wrote:  North Texas seems like it would be a lateral move. If he was looking to leave, figure he would hold out for something better.

Not sure how many years he would need to work to qualify for the TRS retirement here in Texas.
07-19-2016 01:32 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(07-19-2016 11:11 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

True, but if he stays at Toledo he gets to work for the University of Toledo.
07-19-2016 03:47 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
North Texas???? North Texas?!??

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
07-20-2016 09:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.