Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FBI Agents “Believe There Was An Inside Deal Put In Place” on that plane....
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
FBI Agents “Believe There Was An Inside Deal Put In Place” on that plane....
FBI Agents “Believe There Was An Inside Deal Put In Place” On Hillary Email Probe During Loretta Lynch And Bill Clinton’s Tarmac Meeting

[Image: plane.jpg]

Not exactly shocking news.

Quote:FBI agents are reportedly skeptical of the law enforcement agency's decision to close the Hillary Clinton email investigation without recommending criminal charges.

Agents told the New York Post that they "believe there was an inside deal put in place" after Attorney General Loretta Lynch met privately with former President Bill Clinton just days ahead of the FBI's announcement that its year-long probe had ended.

Investigators were reportedly forced to sign unusually extensive nondisclosure agreements that would prevent them from speaking publicly about the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email use.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report...le/2596357
07-13-2016 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: FBI Agents “Believe There Was An Inside Deal Put In Place” on that plane....
Why would Republican Comey, who's on a ten-year term, need to do this? If he recommends prosecution, the burden to prosecute is still on Justice and Lynch.

And why would Investigators have to sign anything all that unusual from other investigations? Do we usually ever see rank and file members of the FBI commenting publicly, on the record, on FBI investigations? No, these guys are professional. I find all this highly doubtful coming from the tabloid NY Post.

But I'm dying to hear the National Enquirer, WND and Infowars take on this. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 01:00 PM by Redwingtom.)
07-13-2016 12:58 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Re: RE: FBI Agents “Believe There Was An Inside Deal Put In Place” on that plane....
(07-13-2016 12:58 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Why would Republican Comey, who's on a ten-year term, need to do this? If he recommends prosecution, the burden to prosecute is still on Justice and Lynch.

And why would Investigators have to sign anything all that unusual from other investigations? Do we usually ever see rank and file members of the FBI commenting publicly, on the record, on FBI investigations? No, these guys are professional. I find all this highly doubtful coming from the tabloid NY Post.

But I'm dying to hear the National Enquirer, WND and Infowars take on this. 03-wink

Dont be so naive Red, you know darn well they would kill him otherwise. LOL
07-13-2016 01:06 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: FBI Agents “Believe There Was An Inside Deal Put In Place” on that plane....
(07-13-2016 12:58 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Why would Republican Comey, who's on a ten-year term, need to do this? If he recommends prosecution, the burden to prosecute is still on Justice and Lynch.

Who has ever said that Republicans are immune from being 'bought'? It seems obvious that a skilled grifter would take the pressure off of Lynch by buying off Comey.

Why would he NOT recommend prosecution, since the burden of proof still lies with Lynch? If Comey recommended and Lynch loses, it looks entirely political... which is bad optics for Hillary. If Comey declines, Lynch is off the hook and Hillary is also.

I'm not saying it happened... I'm just refuting what appears to be your contention that 'it makes no sense'. It makes PERFECT sense.

Quote:And why would Investigators have to sign anything all that unusual from other investigations? Do we usually ever see rank and file members of the FBI commenting publicly, on the record, on FBI investigations? No, these guys are professional. I find all this highly doubtful coming from the tabloid NY Post.

We also don't usually see highly visible spouses of people under investigation meeting privately with their prosecutors on a Tarmac just days before such an announcement. I agree with you that the claims about such beliefs are suspect... but not because they don't make sense.

They ARE professionals... but they also know BS when they smell it. MAYBE they smell it, or maybe it's all made up
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 01:13 PM by Hambone10.)
07-13-2016 01:11 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(07-13-2016 12:58 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Why would Republican Comey, who's on a ten-year term, need to do this?

I have been a registered Republican for most of my adult life," James Comey said before adding that he is "not registered any longer."
-- cnn

GET WITH THE PROGRAM
07-13-2016 01:12 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Lynch could recuse herself from being a part of the Clinton administration. She was asked that, and declined to recuse herself from a future position in the Clinton admin.

And there you have it.
07-13-2016 01:13 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

"I have been a registered Republican for most of my adult life, not registered any longer." http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-come...-as-225223

He is on a 10 year term, so he is able to do this. Everybody knows she broke laws Tom, including you.
07-13-2016 01:15 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

And when did Lynch and Comey meet...or when did Bill and Comey meet...to plan all this out?

And ask yourself this, why would they construct this whole ruse, but then blow it by having Lynch and Bill meet in a visible public place...and more importantly, WHY WOULD THEY HAVE TO MEET AT ALL ANYWAY?!?!?
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 01:17 PM by Redwingtom.)
07-13-2016 01:16 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(07-13-2016 01:15 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

"I have been a registered Republican for most of my adult life, not registered any longer." http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-come...-as-225223

He is on a 10 year term, so he is able to do this. Everybody knows she broke laws Tom, including you.

Wouldn't Comey know that as well? Read his words again. Nowhere does any of that mean that a prosecution would result in a conviction. He knows it wouldn't...or that it's highly likely that it wouldn't. That's why he declined to recommend prosecution.

And it's highly likely that Comey isn't "registered" anymore solely because he's in a non-partisan position. I wouldn't look for him to start attending Democratic party meetings anytime soon. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 01:21 PM by Redwingtom.)
07-13-2016 01:19 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
If the fix is indeed in, then that is the level of sophistication I want our president to have. It takes someone with a lot of intelligence to continuously get away with the most extrodinary things and make it lookas it its just a conspiracy theory.
07-13-2016 01:20 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(07-13-2016 01:16 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And when did Lynch and Comey meet...or when did Bill and Comey meet...to plan all this out?

And ask yourself this, why would they construct this whole ruse, but then blow it by having Lynch and Bill meet in a visible public place...and more importantly, WHY WOULD THEY HAVE TO MEET AT ALL ANYWAY?!?!?

Congress has requested all communications from the FBI and DOJ for the 30 days prior to the least hearing. That part of the airport in private. Local TV station got an anonymous tip that a meeting was going down. People knew ahead of time, maybe one of the pilots, or ATC.
07-13-2016 01:21 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(07-13-2016 01:16 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And when did Lynch and Comey meet...or when did Bill and Comey meet...to plan all this out?

If you had followed this story, you would know that they did not meet in a publicly visible place. It was in a private airport hangar, guarded by FBI agents who had strict orders to keep people out, and no photos were allowed.

Someone with inside knowledge of what was going down alerted a local member of the media. That investigator then corroborated the story with another person before they approached Lynch with it, where she had to fess up.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 01:22 PM by UofMstateU.)
07-13-2016 01:21 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
Re: RE: FBI Agents “Believe There Was An Inside Deal Put In Place” on that plane....

None are immune to corruption, regardless of party. I trust neither at this point.
07-13-2016 01:22 PM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Would Comey have wanted to be the person who derailed Hillary's all but inevitable historical Presidency? Probably not. His newser laid out the facts, so he was basically saying: "Here America is the case against Hillary. I'm going to leave it up to you, the voters, to decide if she is worthy of the Presidency."
07-13-2016 01:37 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-13-2016 01:37 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Would Comey have wanted to be the person who derailed Hillary's all but inevitable historical Presidency? Probably not. His newser laid out the facts, so he was basically saying: "Here America is the case against Hillary. I'm going to leave it up to you, the voters, to decide if she is worthy of the Presidency."

I think there may be some truth here, at least in the way he rationalized it to himself. I don't think his party affiliation matters. We already know that a lot of establishment republicans hate Trump, and some have even said they prefer Hillary. That may be where the pressure came from.
07-13-2016 01:41 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(07-13-2016 01:21 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

If you had followed this story, you would know that they did not meet in a publicly visible place. It was in a private airport hangar, guarded by FBI agents who had strict orders to keep people out, and no photos were allowed.

Someone with inside knowledge of what was going down alerted a local member of the media. That investigator then corroborated the story with another person before they approached Lynch with it, where she had to fess up.

Silly me...I guess all phone lines were inoperable in America. So they just had to meet at an airport with FBI agents and security personnel all over the place.
07-13-2016 01:42 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-come...-as-225223

Quote:"Although our politics are different — I gather you're a Republican — that correct?" Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) asked Comey in prefacing his remarks.

Comey responded, "I have been a registered Republican for most of my adult life, not registered any longer."
07-13-2016 01:46 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

This is how you defeat someone who doesn't know the answers and has no way to find out. You ask them to 'prove it' and then shoot holes in their theories and or simply note that they can't prove it. It doesn't in any way rule out 'exactly what it looks like'. In this day and age, that's often enough in politics. See the changes in Polls.

Lynch and Comey? They probably meet regularly... but wouldn't have needed to for this. Bill and Comey? I don't think Bill would be his own bag man... and if it happened, it was a payoff. What if Comey had said no and reported it? Once he was on board, there was nothing to 'plan'. Obviously Lynch wasn't going to proceed if the FBI didn't recommend it. I suppose she COULD have just for show, but why bother? I think the meeting with Lynch (no money/bribe involved) could have simply been to assure her that 'it was handled'.

Again, not saying this is what happened. I'm answering your 'why would...' questions.

(07-13-2016 01:20 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  If the fix is indeed in, then that is the level of sophistication I want our president to have. It takes someone with a lot of intelligence to continuously get away with the most extrodinary things and make it lookas it its just a conspiracy theory.

This is actually funny.... Well played.

But I'm confident that you admitted yourself that it was 'bad optics'.

The Clinton's have a long history of 'bad optics', and much of it wasn't a conspiracy theory. I'd be fine with that level of sophistication, if I weren't the potential 'shill' in the game. If that is how she treated Wall Street and criminals and North Korea et al, that would be great. Instead, it's Americans.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 02:02 PM by Hambone10.)
07-13-2016 01:46 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(07-13-2016 01:42 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(07-13-2016 01:21 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Silly me...I guess all phone lines were inoperable in America. So they just had to meet at an airport with FBI agents and security personnel all over the place.

In a private plane. They did not meet in an Airport, they met inside of a private plane and had a private meeting.
07-13-2016 01:48 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(07-13-2016 01:46 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-come...-as-225223

Quote:"Although our politics are different — I gather you're a Republican — that correct?" Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) asked Comey in prefacing his remarks.

Comey responded, "I have been a registered Republican for most of my adult life, not registered any longer."

Thanks, but that's the third time one of you has posted this same exact thing in this thread.
07-13-2016 01:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.