Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If any of you are bored.......
Bookmark and Share
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
If any of you are bored.......
....then feel free to help out your Sun Belt brethren by clicking a vote in favor of Bobcat Stadium for this meaningless Dallas Morning News poll haha.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-...st-stadium
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 09:30 PM by Cajuncat.)
07-12-2016 09:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

RE: If any of you are bored.......
(07-12-2016 09:29 PM)Cajuncat Wrote:  ....then feel free to help out your Sun Belt brethren by clicking a vote in favor of Bobcat Stadium for this meaningless Dallas Morning News poll haha.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-...st-stadium

I keep voting but it's a Dallas paper, well within the constituency of UNT, SMU and TCU. How UNT is in first, though, is boggling. (other than they have more people hitting up the DMN)

The order by the DMN staff is a joke too. All the P5 stadiums are at the top and TXST being last is ridiculous. Big isn't always better.
07-12-2016 10:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
Wow, UNT really showed up for that poll...
07-13-2016 06:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(07-13-2016 06:36 AM)ButlerGSU Wrote:  Wow, UNT really showed up for that poll...

Although it's fun to imagine a bunch of Aggie and Longhorn fans thinking, "Y'know, I shouldn't just blindly vote for my team's stadium. It's smaller than what I'm used to, but that atmosphere in Denton just feels right. I gotta go UNT..."
07-13-2016 06:55 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(07-13-2016 06:36 AM)ButlerGSU Wrote:  Wow, UNT really showed up for that poll...

Yeah but remember this is the Dallas paper. I added my vote for TX St but you guys are way behind.
07-13-2016 07:48 AM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
It's pretty obvious why UNT is up at the top of the vote. They do have a nice facility but their stadium reminds me of Waco ISD's stadium but with brick and strange looking endzone seating. I definitely do not understand how we can be below UTSA, SMU, or Rice. I also like Bobcat Stadium over UNT's but I can see why an outsider might pick theirs over ours.

I guess all in all though. There are a lot of nice stadiums in our state. In case no one has ever heard of them google UMHB's football stadium. They are a D3 in Belton, TX with a stadium that's nicer than probably 95% of FCS schools. I live pretty close to them but I've yet to see a game there. Maybe I'll check them out when TXST has a bye week.
07-13-2016 10:09 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(07-13-2016 10:09 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  It's pretty obvious why UNT is up at the top of the vote. They do have a nice facility but their stadium reminds me of Waco ISD's stadium but with brick and strange looking endzone seating. I definitely do not understand how we can be below UTSA, SMU, or Rice. I also like Bobcat Stadium over UNT's but I can see why an outsider might pick theirs over ours.

I guess all in all though. There are a lot of nice stadiums in our state. In case no one has ever heard of them google UMHB's football stadium. They are a D3 in Belton, TX with a stadium that's nicer than probably 95% of FCS schools. I live pretty close to them but I've yet to see a game there. Maybe I'll check them out when TXST has a bye week.

Yeah that's a really nice facility
07-13-2016 11:46 AM
Advertisement

Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

Yeah the blogger's picks were pretty alarming to me. I think it's a perception thing that we have to battle with media. I've been to Rice, UT, UH, SMU, TECH, aTm, and UTSA. I would say it is blatantly obvious that none of them have been to our new stadium if they are going with rice and smu over us. I mean I could justify a couple of things being better on others over us but I just can't justify us being dead last in those picks.

Anyways thanks for the votes. We are always battling public perception and anything helps
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 12:04 PM by Cajuncat.)
07-13-2016 12:02 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

Those other stadiums are nice and all... but do they double as pokemon stadiums?

[Image: CnRx7cQUkAA1vlv.jpg:large]
07-13-2016 09:09 PM
tx.state Offline
Special Teams

(07-13-2016 10:09 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  It's pretty obvious why UNT is up at the top of the vote. They do have a nice facility but their stadium reminds me of Waco ISD's stadium but with brick and strange looking endzone seating. I definitely do not understand how we can be below UTSA, SMU, or Rice. I also like Bobcat Stadium over UNT's but I can see why an outsider might pick theirs over ours.

Waco ISD has a nice stadium. Unlike a lot of the newer stadiums that were built like it in the years afterwards, it is down in a bowl. You walk in on the concourse level.

I was also 2-0 there in high school in playoff games.

[Image: cfiles74214.jpg]
07-14-2016 10:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.