Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA puts Georgia Southern on 2 years of probation
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
Quote:The Georgia Southern athletics department has been put on two years of probation and the football program will lose two scholarships next season after the NCAA ruled that three football players received improper academic assistance.

The NCAA said in its ruling, which was released Thursday, that an assistant compliance director provided a player with coursework on a flash drive that the player later tried to use as his own. Also, the governing body said an assistant director of student-athlete services submitted extra credit work for two football players.

And yet the Tar Heels go unpunished...
07-07-2016 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
RE: NCAA puts Georgia Southern on 2 years of probation
They should never have beaten Florida or played Georgia so close.

On the flip side, I wonder how Tulane is feeling about their new coach.
07-07-2016 12:40 PM
pablowow Offline
1st String

I Root For: TULANE/AAC
Tar Heels ruling is being held on Air Force 1.
07-07-2016 02:17 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(07-07-2016 12:31 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  
Quote:The Georgia Southern athletics department has been put on two years of probation and the football program will lose two scholarships next season after the NCAA ruled that three football players received improper academic assistance.

The NCAA said in its ruling, which was released Thursday, that an assistant compliance director provided a player with coursework on a flash drive that the player later tried to use as his own. Also, the governing body said an assistant director of student-athlete services submitted extra credit work for two football players.

With what the Tar Heels did, Georgia Southern should have received a bigger punishment.
07-07-2016 02:31 PM
PiratePanther189 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU, AAC
(07-07-2016 02:31 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

With what the Tar Heels did, Georgia Southern should have received a bigger punishment.

Don't worry, Tar Heel women's BB team agreed to take some of the heat from GA Southern
07-07-2016 03:09 PM
Advertisement

EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
(07-07-2016 12:40 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  They should never have beaten Florida or played Georgia so close.

Bold! Do tell...why shouldn't we have beaten Florida or played UGA close? Before you reference this violation, do note that this didn't take place last year. The incidents occurred in 2013 and 2014.
07-07-2016 03:39 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
(07-07-2016 03:39 PM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 12:40 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  They should never have beaten Florida or played Georgia so close.

Bold! Do tell...why shouldn't we have beaten Florida or played UGA close? Before you reference this violation, do note that this didn't take place last year. The incidents occurred in 2013 and 2014.

He was saying you should not play the big boys or beat them because then they will find anything to punish you with. The establishment does not like being beat.
07-07-2016 03:52 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini

I think you misread - since GSU beat Fla, and almost UGA, they are getting too good, and thus a threat to the P5 that must be eliminated.

If GSU was a bad team, no one would have cared...
07-07-2016 03:54 PM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
(07-07-2016 03:54 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  

I think you misread - since GSU beat Fla, and almost UGA, they are getting too good, and thus a threat to the P5 that must be eliminated.

If GSU was a bad team, no one would have cared...

Oh...my apologies to CR. Carry on 04-cheers
07-07-2016 05:59 PM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK

That's the plan. It pays to have friends in the NCAA office.
07-07-2016 07:52 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Surprising results always end up in inquiry.

It's a slap on the wrist for minor things.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 09:04 PM by HeartOfDixie.)
07-07-2016 09:03 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

Largest Academic Fraud case in NCAA History but it will most likely result in diddly squat. It is a rigged system for sure and the NCAA has basically become a joke just trying to control the cheating in the multi billion dollar entertainment product that College Football and Basketball have become
07-08-2016 10:48 AM
FrancisDrake Offline
1st String

I Root For: Piecesof8
(07-07-2016 09:03 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Surprising results always end up in inquiry.

It's a slap on the wrist for minor things.

Surprising results to whom?
07-08-2016 11:04 AM
Advertisement

Norm DaNiner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-08-2016 10:48 AM)ShoreBuc Wrote:  

Largest Academic Fraud case in NCAA History but it will most likely result in diddly squat. It is a rigged system for sure and the NCAA has basically become a joke just trying to control the cheating in the multi billion dollar entertainment product that College Football and Basketball have become

Could not agree more. Just wait until Charlotte, ECU or App State spits on the sidewalk and gets caught. There will be hell to be paid. I am not sure why the NCAA still exists other than to run some end of the season tournaments. The fraud that is UNC Chapel Hill is disgusting.
07-09-2016 07:43 AM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(07-09-2016 07:43 AM)Norm DaNiner Wrote:  

Could not agree more. Just wait until Charlotte, ECU or App State spits on the sidewalk and gets caught. There will be hell to be paid. I am not sure why the NCAA still exists other than to run some end of the season tournaments. The fraud that is UNC Chapel Hill is disgusting.

If our current President and Congress can stay in office, so can the NCAA. 05-stirthepot
07-09-2016 08:25 AM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(07-09-2016 07:43 AM)Norm DaNiner Wrote:  

Spittin on da sidewalk is a hangin offense. Dey swallow dey tabaccey down dey in Chapel Hill.

Cheers!
07-10-2016 06:52 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
Between what happened at UNC and what happened at Baylor, something had to be done! The cry went up, "Do Something!!!!"

And so they did something.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 10:14 PM by BruceMcF.)
07-11-2016 10:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.