Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt Baseball
Bookmark and Share
SENOREIDA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
Sun Belt Baseball
Finally we can say that without a doubt Coastal is the best baseball team in the SBC

1. CCU
2. LaLa
3. USA
4+ Everyone else
07-02-2016 02:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rokamortis Offline
All American

RE: Sun Belt Baseball
(07-02-2016 02:22 AM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  Finally we can say that without a doubt Coastal is the best baseball team in the SBC

1. CCU
2. LaLa
3. USA
4+ Everyone else

Heh .... can't wait for some of the responses ...

"just because you won the national title doesn't mean you are the best team in the sun belt"
07-02-2016 03:08 AM
WhitetailWizard Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
You were the best team in June.....that's all......hehe
07-02-2016 07:26 AM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
Without a doubt the program with the best accomplishments to date. Best "team" will wax and wane...

Can't wait for the rpi shot in the arm.
07-02-2016 07:29 AM
DKHardee Offline
Water Engineer

Coastal Is Number One! let the rivalries begin!
07-02-2016 07:31 AM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
(07-02-2016 02:22 AM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  Finally we can say that without a doubt Coastal is the best baseball team in the SBC

1. CCU
2. LaLa
3. USA
4+ Everyone else

Easy tiger...or chicken...your team peaked at the perfect time this year. At season end, you're undisputed #1, but the good news for all of us is that the season is over! Teams reshuffle as new players come in and old players leave. We'll see who's best next season. 04-cheers
07-02-2016 08:04 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY

1. CCU
2. LaLa
3. USA
4+ Everyone else

I'd throw Troy in that mix. Winning the conference twice since 2011. And have also owned USA last few years

If it wasn't for USA canceling the last 2 games in 2015 we might have won a 3rd championship since 2011
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 08:39 AM by Atlanta Trojan.)
07-02-2016 08:35 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Until the 1st pitch next year, definitely the best in the SBC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
07-02-2016 08:50 AM
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Coastal returns some lethal pitching, but the offense will need plenty of re-tooling.

UL loses their two best hitters but the pitching staff returns virtually intact, including their closer, who had better numbers than Morrison

USA loses a LOT, including virtually their entire pitching staff plus their best offensive player and a couple of other offensive starters.

Georgia Southern can challenge for a title next year if they can find a couple more arms for the bullpen and continue to improve offensively. Conference tournament is in Statesboro.

Troy loses two of their best arms. Their pitching carried them last season

Little Rock had only two seniors on their roster. Obviously the loss of NCAA batting champion Ryan Scott hurts. Their pitchers are back but don't know if that's a good thing.

Texas State lost three of their top four starters, their closer and two of their best offensive players. They, like South Alabama, have lots of work to do in recruiting.

UTA loses a solid outfielder and second baseman. They do have several key hitters returning. Their pitching was abysmal last year and they lost two of their top four arms. And, they only really had four to begin with.

Arkansas State also suffered heavy losses to their offense. They've got some arms coming back, but those arms have to be more consistent.

ULM is bringing in a lot of new players. They need them. Especially pitching.

Georgia State needs to find some arms. A couple of their best hitters are leaving, but their pitching staff is a mess and REALLY needs work.

App State will have a new coach and most of their team were frosh and sophomores last year. They'll be better. How much better is the question.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 08:57 AM by BirdofParadise.)
07-02-2016 08:51 AM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

1. CCU
2. LaLa
3. USA
4+ Everyone else

Without a doubt the best team this year. Enjoy it. You guys have earned the right to be cocky and arrogant for the next year.
07-02-2016 09:57 AM
rokamortis Offline
All American

(07-02-2016 08:51 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  Coastal returns some lethal pitching, but the offense will need plenty of re-tooling.

Very true. We lose a lot of talent plus add in the fact that we will be the defending national champs means most tams will be especially hyped up to play us. I'm not expecting us to run the SBC or anything next year but should be a great season for the SBC and I hope we add a lot to the conference.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 10:20 AM by rokamortis.)
07-02-2016 10:19 AM
Advertisement

BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(07-02-2016 10:19 AM)rokamortis Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 08:51 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  Coastal returns some lethal pitching, but the offense will need plenty of re-tooling.

Very true. We lose a lot of talent plus add in the fact that we will be the defending national champs means most tams will be especially hyped up to play us. I'm not expecting us to run the SBC or anything next year but should be a great season for the SBC and I hope we add a lot to the conference.

You already have.

And this isn't about a team...it's about a program. For Coastal, the program remains intact and will for years to come.
07-02-2016 11:04 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
My original stance was there was no way Coastal is top dog year 1, now I'm not so sure. It depends on how hard your turnover hits you and how your depth develops. As long as they don't get gutted due to draft/graduation they should be in the mix for the top spot.
07-02-2016 11:35 AM
stodgdog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

1. CCU
2. LaLa
3. USA
4+ Everyone else

Don't limit your team as the best in the conference as your team is the best in the nation. Congratulations!!
07-02-2016 11:46 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Coastal will be a factor in most sports as a result of their national championship, IMO. Plenty of super-positive press for their baseball accomplishments this year will only help bring in recruits in the other Big 3 sports since many kids play multiple sports anyway...they won't be saying "Coastal WHO???" anymore to the football and basketball recruiters. The kids know the school has a recent national championship, which bodes well for any and all of their sports due to the appearance of a dedicated athletic department. This is a win, win, WIN for our new brothers and sisters.

Yes, Coastal - you have the best baseball team...in America.
07-02-2016 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA

UL loses their two best hitters but the pitching staff returns virtually intact, including their closer, who had better numbers than Morrison

USA loses a LOT, including virtually their entire pitching staff plus their best offensive player and a couple of other offensive starters.

Georgia Southern can challenge for a title next year if they can find a couple more arms for the bullpen and continue to improve offensively. Conference tournament is in Statesboro.

Troy loses two of their best arms. Their pitching carried them last season

Little Rock had only two seniors on their roster. Obviously the loss of NCAA batting champion Ryan Scott hurts. Their pitchers are back but don't know if that's a good thing.

Texas State lost three of their top four starters, their closer and two of their best offensive players. They, like South Alabama, have lots of work to do in recruiting.

UTA loses a solid outfielder and second baseman. They do have several key hitters returning. Their pitching was abysmal last year and they lost two of their top four arms. And, they only really had four to begin with.

Arkansas State also suffered heavy losses to their offense. They've got some arms coming back, but those arms have to be more consistent.

ULM is bringing in a lot of new players. They need them. Especially pitching.

Georgia State needs to find some arms. A couple of their best hitters are leaving, but their pitching staff is a mess and REALLY needs work.

App State will have a new coach and most of their team were frosh and sophomores last year. They'll be better. How much better is the question.

Fantastic summary as usual good sir. Offense has rarely been the issue under Coach Thomas. Our periods of success has come when we had decent pitching depth, which has been hit or miss. I'm hoping some of the younger arms, guys that had ERA's in the 5 range, will develop in the offseason to be better, but I think any major impact has to come in new blood.
07-02-2016 01:16 PM
Advertisement

CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Quote:Texas State lost three of their top four starters, their closer and two of their best offensive players. They, like South Alabama, have lots of work to do in recruiting.
Actually, we lost our top 4 starters. Lewis started the year at mid-week but then we plugged in Geisler (Angels) and Lewis was used sparingly, or on a rotating gig with Geisler, after that.
Hennigan (Phillies)
Hallonquist (graduated)
Humpal (Orioles)
Geisler (Angels)

We would have lost 3 of those to graduation, regardless and Hennigan signed as a junior; even though it was round 21.
07-02-2016 02:02 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
Yep. We have 1 pitcher returning with any starting experience. And he was the #5 guy in the rotation. Which means he only started on rare 5-game weeks or if we had an injury (Geisler and Hennigan both had injuries throughout the season) considering college baseball routinely play 4-game weeks.

Basically we are starting from scratch from a starting pitching standpoint.
07-02-2016 02:55 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(07-02-2016 10:19 AM)rokamortis Wrote:  

My experience in baseball has been that the length of the game removes a hyped up factor. Either you are better, or you aren't. I think over the course of the season, Coastal will still be towards the top next season simply because the program is in re-tool mode, not re-build
07-02-2016 05:16 PM
swampbear Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana

1. CCU
2. LaLa
3. USA
4+ Everyone else

This year......
07-02-2016 05:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.