Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama to future POTUSes on drone strikes: Do as I say, not as I do
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
Quote:At the same time, President Obama issued an executive order making civilian protection a priority and requiring the government in the future to disclose the number of civilian deaths each year. The order, which could be canceled or altered by a future president, tries to commit his successors to greater openness than he achieved in the first seven years of his presidency.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/wor...oogle.com/

So the Obama admin gives out bogus numbers on civilian deaths outside of war zones (64-116 during his presidency, what a farce) and then wags his finger at future presidents to be more transparent. The balls on this one. Oh yeah and they release the bogus numbers right on the heels of the 4th of July weekend.

This guy is smarter than I give him credit for. He knows any Repub prez who attempts to cancel this exec order will be crucified by the left.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 01:33 PM by Pyrizzo.)
07-01-2016 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
RE: Obama to future POTUSes on drone strikes: Do as I say, not as I do
Watch out! I sense a tinfoil hat meme coming your way for suggesting these numbers, which are just a fraction of the civilian deaths documented by journalists, non-partisan NGOs, and witnesses, could be wrong! 03-lmfao

A dishonest, pathetic attempt at transparency, and the left just eats it up without question.
07-02-2016 12:14 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
all the while collateral donk ears screws his own every second of every day....

w/o question, he's the worst leader this country has ever seen....

what's really sad is the continuation going into round 3 is most likely gonna be wearing a smock in '17

one can only hope for line 1a....
07-02-2016 03:48 AM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
1. Political move to try and hurt Trump if he's elected. Even if I hate the guy, I know that the media would grill him over violating this even though they've given a free pass for Obama.

2. Besides those consequences, this really has no teeth. Like the OP mentions this could be easily revoked, and if not, who would be able to hold their feet to the fire if the POTUS ignores it?
07-02-2016 10:07 AM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
(07-02-2016 03:48 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  all the while collateral donk ears screws his own every second of every day....

what's really sad is the continuation going into round 3 is most likely gonna be wearing a smock in '17

Disagree with that. Would say Reagan was worst leader we've seen in my lifetime. He told people what some of them wanted to hear -- you're special, you're great, blah blah blah -- and while they were waving American flags and chest thumping he screwed this country, screwed social security, screwed the poor, screwed infrastructure, screwed everything. We haven't recovered since.

Guy was a lousy actor. He was a worse president. But then, in this country often the lousy that appeals to the lowest common denominator rises to the top. Look at record sales. Look at hit movies. Look at what we think has value.

I hate having to work on Sundays. Puts me in cynical mood.
07-03-2016 01:03 PM
Advertisement

dawgitall Online
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
To paraphrase the 21st century philosopher, Stergill Simpson: Ain't nobody look in' up for no drones. Everybody's to busy look in' down at their phones.
07-03-2016 02:10 PM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
(07-03-2016 01:03 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 03:48 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  all the while collateral donk ears screws his own every second of every day....

Disagree with that. Would say Reagan was worst leader we've seen in my lifetime. He told people what some of them wanted to hear -- you're special, you're great, blah blah blah -- and while they were waving American flags and chest thumping he screwed this country, screwed social security, screwed the poor, screwed infrastructure, screwed everything. We haven't recovered since.

Guy was a lousy actor. He was a worse president. But then, in this country often the lousy that appeals to the lowest common denominator rises to the top. Look at record sales. Look at hit movies. Look at what we think has value.

Wait a sec, your assumption that Reagan was the worse president in your lifetime is surprising. Also, you're saying Reagan was worse than Bush 2.0? Whoa there dude.
07-03-2016 02:15 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
This guy is smarter than I give him credit for. He knows any Repub prez who attempts to cancel this exec order will be crucified by the left.
[/quote]

Evil…is smart.

…and conniving.
07-03-2016 07:32 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

all op-ed....and I'm hardly a Reagan fan either....

I'm on record with Ike being the last visionary that mattered (building the I-system)

however, I never thought I would see one weaker than Carter.....I was wrong....
07-03-2016 07:54 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Carter was by far the worst. And then came Obama.
07-03-2016 09:49 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN

Not surprisingly, you see superiority in your political leanings. But in gsu-land that's just swell, amiright?
07-03-2016 11:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.