Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Andrew Luck signs the Richest Contract in NFL History
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Andrew Luck signs the Richest Contract in NFL History
6 Years... $140 Million Overall with $87 Million Guaranteed...Cam Newton and Russell Wilson now on the phone to their agents

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/166194...olis-colts
06-29-2016 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
RE: Andrew Luck signs the Richest Contract in NFL History
Good for Luck. I think he's overrated in that his performance doesn't match the accolades that put on him by the analysts, and now his contract pays him like the best. My wife is a Colts fan so I have adopted them as my second team. They had to keep Luck and they did. It's too bad the NFL is set up in a way that teams need to be excellent drafters but if they are too good at it then they can't keep the talent they acquire.
06-29-2016 04:56 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(06-29-2016 04:56 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Good for Luck. I think he's overrated in that his performance doesn't match the accolades that put on him by the analysts, and now his contract pays him like the best. My wife is a Colts fan so I have adopted them as my second team. They had to keep Luck and they did. It's too bad the NFL is set up in a way that teams need to be excellent drafters but if they are too good at it then they can't keep the talent they acquire.

Can't blame Luck at all...and I agree not as good as the hype...myself give me Wilson or Cam in regards to the up and comers
06-29-2016 06:27 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(06-29-2016 06:27 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(06-29-2016 04:56 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Good for Luck. I think he's overrated in that his performance doesn't match the accolades that put on him by the analysts, and now his contract pays him like the best. My wife is a Colts fan so I have adopted them as my second team. They had to keep Luck and they did. It's too bad the NFL is set up in a way that teams need to be excellent drafters but if they are too good at it then they can't keep the talent they acquire.

Can't blame Luck at all...and I agree not as good as the hype...myself give me Wilson or Cam in regards to the up and comers

Luck gets $87 million guaranteed after...

4 seasons of work and a 3-6 playoff record including one AFC Championship game appearance when the Pats beat the Colts 45-7. I don't blame Luck, I blame the Colts. Have at it Indy and best of luck to ya!
06-30-2016 05:17 PM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
How is Luck overrated? Is it his fault the Colts hasn't had a defense worth a damn in his tenure there? Comparing the stats to Peyton's first 4 years, Luck's been better, and that was with him missing half the season last year.
07-04-2016 09:20 PM
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
AL is the man, he's earned it imo. Maybe they're overpaying some but he's been solid.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 09:54 PM by C2__.)
07-04-2016 11:33 PM
GE and MTS Offline

Luck is good, but he isn't one of the best quarterbacks that the analysts keep telling us he is. He hasn't lived up to his transcendent ability that he was labeled with before he was drafted. He isn't a top 5 quarterback at the moment. He's good, not great and the good things is that it all can change this season if he cuts down on his turnovers but keeps up the scoring.

And the Colts' defense wasn't good in 2015, but it wasn't bad prior to that with Luck as the quarterback. In fact, with all of Luck's turnovers, the defense actually did rather well.
07-06-2016 05:06 PM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
(07-06-2016 05:06 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Luck is good, but he isn't one of the best quarterbacks that the analysts keep telling us he is. He hasn't lived up to his transcendent ability that he was labeled with before he was drafted. He isn't a top 5 quarterback at the moment. He's good, not great and the good things is that it all can change this season if he cuts down on his turnovers but keeps up the scoring.

And the Colts' defense wasn't good in 2015, but it wasn't bad prior to that with Luck as the quarterback. In fact, with all of Luck's turnovers, the defense actually did rather well.

He led a team with the 19th best defense to the AFC Championship game in 2014. Out of the younger QBs (Particularly Cam and Russell Wilson), he's had the least to work with. If I was starting a team, there isn't a QB I'd rather have than him. He's an elite QB.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 10:24 PM by Blazer4Life14.)
07-10-2016 10:23 PM
GE and MTS Offline

(07-10-2016 10:23 PM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 05:06 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Luck is good, but he isn't one of the best quarterbacks that the analysts keep telling us he is. He hasn't lived up to his transcendent ability that he was labeled with before he was drafted. He isn't a top 5 quarterback at the moment. He's good, not great and the good things is that it all can change this season if he cuts down on his turnovers but keeps up the scoring.

He led a team with the 19th best defense to the AFC Championship game in 2014. Out of the younger QBs (Particularly Cam and Russell Wilson), he's had the least to work with. If I was starting a team, there isn't a QB I'd rather have than him. He's an elite QB.

The Colts had the 19th best scoring defense that season, which is just below average. They had the 11th best defense in yards per game that year and were tied for 10th in takeaways. This strengthens my position in that the Colts had the 3rd most giveaways (tied with the Redskins) that year which will significantly hurt a defense's ability to prevent points. Luck himself was credited 16 interceptions and 9 fumbles lost.

I think Cam Newton has had less to work with, at least offensively. He's had crap for receivers, and I would describe his running backs as average. Wilson has done well in a game manager role and has successfully developed that into a larger weapon but has had the benefit of a fantastic defense along with Newton in the past couple of years. Those two quarterbacks are much more mobile with their legs and the offensive scheme is built to those strengths. I think Luck has had the better receivers to work with compared to the two others and none of their offensive lines are that good. I would put Luck slightly below Wilson and Newton as of right now but I expect him to have a better career overall. We'll see.
07-11-2016 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.