Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

‘Christmas vacation,’ ‘round of golf’ are microaggressions at Univ.North Carolina
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
‘Christmas vacation,’ ‘round of golf’ are microaggressions at Univ.North Carolina
The leftist moonbats on campuses are just bat sh#t crazy.....

Quote:At the University of North Carolina, it’s not just the students walking on politically correct eggshells.

Guidelines issued on the university’s Employee Forum aim to help staff avoid microaggressions in their interactions by cautioning against offensive phrases such as “Christmas vacation,” “husband/boyfriend” and “golf outing.”

The guidebook, first reported by Campus Reform, categorizes examples of potential microaggressions by “social identity group,” including race, gender and sexual orientation.

Under the “Religion” tab, the guidebook says organizing vacations around Christian holidays further “centers the Christian faith and minimizes non-Christian spiritual rituals and observances.”

With regard to “gender” microaggressions, the guidelines discourage comments such as “I love your shoes!” to female colleagues or otherwise complimenting the appearance of women.

To compliment a woman on her appearance, the guidance warns, is essentially to say, “I notice how you look and dress more than I value your intellectual contributions. How you look is really important.”

The guide also discourages staff from inviting others to play a “round of golf,” which assumes “employees have the financial resources/exposure to a fairly expensive and inaccessible sport.”

On the matter of race, telling someone that you “don’t see color” is equivalent to “minimizing/denying a person of color’s racial/ethnic experiences,” the guide says.
Microaggressions against “sexual orientation” include using the terms “husband” or “boyfriend” when addressing a female colleague, or “wife” or “girlfriend” when addressing a male colleague, instead of the asexual “partner” or “spouse.”

This, the taxpayer-funded university warns, sets “the expectation that people do not identify as LGBTQ until they say otherwise or disclose their sexual orientation.”
At faculty award ceremonies, be sure not to ask honorees to “stand and be recognized” for their achievements, which assumes “that everyone is able in this way and ignores the diversity of ability in the space.”

The Chapel Hill campus is not alone in its attempt to quell microaggressions, which ostensibly are defined as unintentional slights directed toward vulnerable groups. However, “microaggressions” often carry political implications and serve as a pretext for silencing political dissent on college campuses.

At an event last year titled “Managing Microaggressions,” students at the University of Virginia said identifying oneself as an “American” is a microaggression. Students at the University of Wisconsin last year said calling America a “melting pot” or the “land of opportunity” is microaggressive.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016...tmas-vaca/
06-28-2016 09:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
RE: ‘Christmas vacation,’ ‘round of golf’ are microaggressions at Univ.North Carolina
To compliment a woman on her appearance, the guidance warns, is essentially to say, “I notice how you look and dress more than I value your intellectual contributions. How you look is really important.”

WHAT?
06-28-2016 09:20 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
RE: ‘Christmas vacation,’ ‘round of golf’ are microaggressions at Univ.North Carolina
Well I guess this is out

[Image: tumblr_lxcpefcMDL1qzm3bzo1_.gif]
06-28-2016 09:28 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
what the ****?
06-28-2016 09:42 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
That's like an Onion article. I tend to believe this story, there are enough examples out there, but wouldn't mind another source beyond the Washington Times and Breitbart.

Cable television needs a right-leaning "Jon Stewart" type program. A comedian who sits at a desk and mocks and makes facial contortions at this steady stream of SJW stories. That Gap ad, the Red Cross pool poster... this is comedy that writes itself.
06-28-2016 10:00 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
It'll be a cold day before I start calling my wife my "spouse"
06-28-2016 10:16 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
I would expect nothing less out of Chapel Hill. It's a liberal's wet dream where grades aren't earned, equal outcomes are assured, and the men on campus have been reduced to sniveling little pansies.
06-28-2016 10:27 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(06-28-2016 10:00 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  I tend to believe this story, there are enough examples out there, but wouldn't mind another source beyond the Washington Times and Breitbart.

The problem is that only the Wash Times and Brietbart are going to report this stuff as the liberal left media understands how these stories are embarrassing to the cause.

It's an ongoing problem for this board because it gives the proggies a chance for a troll response. They'll post some dumb ass comment like "well it is the Washington Times" but will never post "it isn't true", because they usually are true and they know it.
06-28-2016 10:34 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(06-28-2016 09:15 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  The leftist moonbats on campuses are just bat sh#t crazy.....

Quote:At the University of North Carolina, it’s not just the students walking on politically correct eggshells.

Guidelines issued on the university’s Employee Forum aim to help staff avoid microaggressions in their interactions by cautioning against offensive phrases such as “Christmas vacation,” “husband/boyfriend” and “golf outing.”

The guidebook, first reported by Campus Reform, categorizes examples of potential microaggressions by “social identity group,” including race, gender and sexual orientation.

Under the “Religion” tab, the guidebook says organizing vacations around Christian holidays further “centers the Christian faith and minimizes non-Christian spiritual rituals and observances.”

With regard to “gender” microaggressions, the guidelines discourage comments such as “I love your shoes!” to female colleagues or otherwise complimenting the appearance of women.

The guide also discourages staff from inviting others to play a “round of golf,” which assumes “employees have the financial resources/exposure to a fairly expensive and inaccessible sport.”

On the matter of race, telling someone that you “don’t see color” is equivalent to “minimizing/denying a person of color’s racial/ethnic experiences,” the guide says.
Microaggressions against “sexual orientation” include using the terms “husband” or “boyfriend” when addressing a female colleague, or “wife” or “girlfriend” when addressing a male colleague, instead of the asexual “partner” or “spouse.”

This, the taxpayer-funded university warns, sets “the expectation that people do not identify as LGBTQ until they say otherwise or disclose their sexual orientation.”
At faculty award ceremonies, be sure not to ask honorees to “stand and be recognized” for their achievements, which assumes “that everyone is able in this way and ignores the diversity of ability in the space.”

The Chapel Hill campus is not alone in its attempt to quell microaggressions, which ostensibly are defined as unintentional slights directed toward vulnerable groups. However, “microaggressions” often carry political implications and serve as a pretext for silencing political dissent on college campuses.

At an event last year titled “Managing Microaggressions,” students at the University of Virginia said identifying oneself as an “American” is a microaggression. Students at the University of Wisconsin last year said calling America a “melting pot” or the “land of opportunity” is microaggressive.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016...tmas-vaca/

I repeat.

College degrees should now come with a groupon for free cult deprogramming.
06-28-2016 10:38 AM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
But athletes getting grades for classes that don't exist to keep them eligible is OK.
06-28-2016 10:40 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Would I get in trouble if I invited a gay man and his husband to a round of golf, but I paid for the round of golf?

The LGBTQ community fights forever for the right to be married and the left still discriminates and won't call a man's legally married partner his husband. Why does the left remain pro-discrimination?
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2016 10:48 AM by Lord Stanley.)
06-28-2016 10:41 AM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(06-28-2016 10:40 AM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  But athletes getting grades for classes that don't exist to keep them eligible is OK.

You have a better way to keep the classes absolutely inoffensive and free of microaggressions against religions, genders, races, firearms etc?

North Carolina has it figured out. Next step is to go all Tuscaloosa and make up a few football championships.
06-28-2016 10:45 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(06-28-2016 10:00 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Cable television needs a right-leaning "Jon Stewart" type program. A comedian who sits at a desk and mocks and makes facial contortions at this steady stream of SJW stories. That Gap ad, the Red Cross pool poster... this is comedy that writes itself.

Yep, I'm hoping someone eventually has the sack to hire Milo or Steven Crowder. They would pull in 10x the viewers that Trevor Noah does, the horrendously unfunny joke thief that has run the Daily Show into the ground.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2016 12:54 PM by Kronke.)
06-28-2016 12:48 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Trevor Noah should go back to England. He's an idiot and not funny at all.
06-28-2016 01:20 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(06-28-2016 01:20 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Trevor Noah should go back to England. He's an idiot and not funny at all.

He's South African you racist
06-28-2016 01:30 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Wherever. He still sucks. I went by his accent and it sound British to me.

So if I don't like obama I'm a racist? I don't like Hillary either or those Castro kids does that make me a racist too?

It doesn't matter what race he might claim it's his stupid jokes that I can't stand.
06-28-2016 01:35 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-28-2016 01:35 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Wherever. He still sucks. I went by his accent and it sound British to me.

So if I don't like obama I'm a racist? I don't like Hillary either or those Castro kids does that make me a racist too?

It doesn't matter what race he might claim it's his stupid jokes that I can't stand.

Remember that phrase the next time one of the liberals attacks Clarence Thomas, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson.... They have a special venom for conservative minorities.
06-28-2016 01:43 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(06-28-2016 09:15 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  On the matter of race, telling someone that you “don’t see color” is equivalent to “minimizing/denying a person of color’s racial/ethnic experiences,” the guide says.

Knew this one would eventually circle all the way around and start eating it's own ass.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2016 02:28 PM by Paul M.)
06-28-2016 02:28 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It's awesome to be told what you are expressing isn't it?
06-28-2016 02:31 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(06-28-2016 10:00 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  That's like an Onion article. I tend to believe this story, there are enough examples out there, but wouldn't mind another source beyond the Washington Times and Breitbart.

Cable television needs a right-leaning "Jon Stewart" type program. A comedian who sits at a desk and mocks and makes facial contortions at this steady stream of SJW stories. That Gap ad, the Red Cross pool poster... this is comedy that writes itself.

If it came from the Washington post and/or huff huff post would you need another source?
06-28-2016 02:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.