Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Might be the only time Landon could be right: Part Deux
Bookmark and Share
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
Might be the only time Landon could be right: Part Deux
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ma...486d9.html

MU 12 years, 7 overall titles, 2 FB East titles, 1 FB conf title.

Compared to:

WKU 2 years, 14 overall titles, 1 FB East title, 1 FB conf title.

Maybe we need a "Hilltoppers to the MAC" thread to round out the summer 05-stirthepot
06-26-2016 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Might be the only time Landon could be right: Part Deux
Here is same thing I said about this on our board....

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE OTHER SPORTS!!!!!

Seriously, other than the athletes, parents, and people associated directly with that school, no one cares about Golf, Swimming, Tennis, etc.

When 30,000 people show up to watch the Swimming and Diving competition then I will start caring about how many championships we have in those sports.

Last thing we need to do is invest more money into the other sports. All money and focus needs to be on football.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2016 10:23 AM by FlyHawk98.)
06-26-2016 10:23 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(06-26-2016 10:23 AM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  Here is same thing I said about this on our board....

Seriously, other than the athletes, parents, and people associated directly with that school, no one cares about Golf, Swimming, Tennis, etc.

When 30,000 people show up to watch the Swimming and Diving competition then I will start caring about how many championships we have in those sports.

Last thing we need to do is invest more money into the other sports. All money and focus needs to be on football.

Ok ... MU 12 years, 1 FB conf title, WKU 2 years, 1 FB conf title ...... WKU to the MAC?
06-26-2016 10:48 AM
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(06-26-2016 10:48 AM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(06-26-2016 10:23 AM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  Here is same thing I said about this on our board....

Ok ... MU 12 years, 1 FB conf title, WKU 2 years, 1 FB conf title ...... WKU to the MAC?

The MAC turned us down years ago....WKU will never go MAC ever. We are in CUSA....No P5 conference will ever extend an invitation to us...ever. So the only conference a CUSA East Team would accept an invitation to would be the AAC.
06-26-2016 11:18 AM
Advertisement

herdinva Offline
2nd String

(06-26-2016 09:31 AM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ma...486d9.html

MU 12 years, 7 overall titles, 2 FB East titles, 1 FB conf title.

Compared to:

WKU 2 years, 14 overall titles, 1 FB East title, 1 FB conf title.

Maybe we need a "Hilltoppers to the MAC" thread to round out the summer 05-stirthepot

Did mommy not give you enough attention or something?
06-26-2016 12:02 PM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

What are you even talking about?

Plus you are an FIU fan. How pathetic is your school/program that you have to start cheering for another team?
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2016 12:07 PM by FlyHawk98.)
06-26-2016 12:06 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee

And the sheep will follow

[Image: a17679f8d0493adf888bf5002a2db27a.png]
06-26-2016 01:21 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

(06-26-2016 11:18 AM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  

The MAC turned us down years ago....WKU will never go MAC ever. We are in CUSA....No P5 conference will ever extend an invitation to us...ever. So the only conference a CUSA East Team would accept an invitation to would be the AAC.

To be fair they turned you down only after MT said no and they didn't want uneven number of teams (we see how that has worked out for them). They were willing to bring you guys in with us but not alone.

I'm not going to let one bad TV deal trick me into to thinking we made a poor choice. Glad we didn't make a bad choice.
06-26-2016 01:25 PM
MU42 Offline
1st String

It's a lot easier to win titles when you only have to beat 1-3 good teams. When this conference was good the East had UCF, ECU, So Miss, and Marshall, while the West had Houston, Tulsa, Rice and SMU was ok from time to time. You would have to beat 3-5 good teams to win a title in football.

Now if we beat So Miss and WKU I fully expect to win the title this year. And I'm Sure if So Miss beats LT and Marshall they think the same thing. All of the good teams are looking at the very few good teams on their conference schedule and saying if we beat them we win the title.

From 2005-2012 we had 1 year where we played less than 4 bowl teams on our conference schedule. From 2013-2015 we have only played 3 bowl teams all 3 years. So I would guess that if we stay in this conference as it is for 5 more years we will have a minimum of 3-4 titles over the second 8 years we are in this conference and sadly part of that will be weaker competition.
06-26-2016 01:52 PM
banker Online
Hall of Famer

Quick, who won women's golf in 2011? I know who won football.

Out of the 28 sports the conference awards championships in (had no idea there were 28 since Marshall only sponsors 14 sports) I might be able to name 20 that are probably in there, and I know that 26 of them are money losing propositions.

Sure, it would be nice for the athletes if they won, but as a Marshall supporter I really don't care if the women's golf team wins every tournament or comes in last. I have no emotional attachment to the team, any of the players, don't know the coaches, etc. that's what kind of cracks me up about fans who post stuff about cup standings and such. Can you even name more than two players/participants on anything past football, men's and women's basketball and maybe baseball and softball? Marshall has a couple fans I know that follow volleyball and tennis, both things we have been pretty good at, but I can't name any of those players (I do now know we have a hot volleyball player, but have forgotten her name already). Those other sports will just never matter to me or most other college sport fans.
06-26-2016 02:04 PM
Advertisement

SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
I care about all sports. That's why I give to the BG. And those kids represent us well. Haven't heard of a tennis or volleyball players getting arrested.

I fully think WKU should petition for the SEC.
06-26-2016 05:05 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army
(06-26-2016 01:25 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(06-26-2016 11:18 AM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  

To be fair they turned you down only after MT said no and they didn't want uneven number of teams (we see how that has worked out for them). They were willing to bring you guys in with us but not alone.

I'm not going to let one bad TV deal trick me into to thinking we made a poor choice. Glad we didn't make a bad choice.
When did the MAC offer membership to MT?
06-26-2016 07:00 PM
Heisman

Re: Might be the only time Landon could be right: Part Deux

They were willing to wait on you guys to get it together if both came in.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2016 07:25 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
06-26-2016 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.