Group Of 5 Schools Who Could Immediately Compete In a Power 5 Conference
06-23-2016 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
RE: Group Of 5 Schools Who Could Immediately Compete In a Power 5 Conference
(06-23-2016 07:53 PM)ChaoChao Wrote:  http://campusinsiders.com/news/group-of-...06-17-2016

NIU in Top 5

It is nice to get recognition, but NIU is still a long way from the top three on the list: Boise St., BYU, and Houston. The rest of the schools on the list have all done well, but they do not fill the seats like the top three. Article does not mention attendance. As much as I hate them, BYU is the most eligible candidate.
06-24-2016 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(06-24-2016 09:50 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
(06-23-2016 07:53 PM)ChaoChao Wrote:  http://campusinsiders.com/news/group-of-...06-17-2016

NIU in Top 5

It is nice to get recognition, but NIU is still a long way from the top three on the list: Boise St., BYU, and Houston. The rest of the schools on the list have all done well, but they do not fill the seats like the top three. Article does not mention attendance. As much as I hate them, BYU is the most eligible candidate.

Truth. NIU has a long way to go, but any positive recognition is good for the NIU brand.
06-24-2016 10:45 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2016 09:50 AM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  

NIU in Top 5

This list was based strictly on on-field potential. Doesn't sound like attendance, revenue or geography was taken into consideration.
06-24-2016 03:04 PM
Advertisement

huskiebob Offline
Heisman

Donators
What? No mention of RTB? 03-lmfao
06-24-2016 03:29 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(06-24-2016 03:29 PM)huskiebob Wrote:  What? No mention of RTB? 03-lmfao
Screw that school that habitually underwhelms... one more lackluster season and the mother flecker's seat starts warming up

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2016 06:50 PM by Stay Cool.)
06-24-2016 06:47 PM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

were NIU ever lucky enough to squeeze into the Big 12, attendance would not be a problem....when Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Baylor and the other big boys start coming into Huskie Stadium the joint will sell out--even after the proposed expansion. That level of competition also begets non conference big boys.......What a dream--while dreaming, imagine the convo packed and sold out for basketball....
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2016 08:35 PM by cagy cager.)
06-24-2016 08:34 PM
Advertisement

Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(06-24-2016 08:34 PM)cagy cager Wrote:  were NIU ever lucky enough to squeeze into the Big 12, attendance would not be a problem....when Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Baylor and the other big boys start coming into Huskie Stadium the joint will sell out--even after the proposed expansion. That level of competition also begets non conference big boys.......What a dream--while dreaming, imagine the convo packed and sold out for basketball....
I agree. I have similar thoughts with the AAC, just to a lesser degree. We wouldn't be selling out in there but we'd have much better numbers. You know if relegation was a thing, we'd probably be victims of it based on our 2 years avg attendance being less than 15k? Yeah... our fanbase sucks

06-25-2016 07:10 AM
McQuervo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SDSU
11. San Diego State
The Aztecs enjoy built-in advantages, such as their location, over many Group of 5 competitors. And they’ve finally begun to leverage them again.

It can’t be too hard to sell kids on the Mesa. San Diego is one of the finest cities in the country, and it’s not far from some of the top high school talent on the West Coast. And while it’s not quite a sequel to the Don Coryell days of the 1960s, San Diego State is winning again under Rocky Long. The Aztecs have strung together five straight winning seasons, copping the Mountain West in 2012 and 2015. A single victory in the last 26 contests against teams currently in Power 5 conferences keeps San Diego State from climbing higher on this list.
06-25-2016 06:01 PM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

(06-25-2016 06:01 PM)McQuervo Wrote:  11. San Diego State
The Aztecs enjoy built-in advantages, such as their location, over many Group of 5 competitors. And they’ve finally begun to leverage them again.

It can’t be too hard to sell kids on the Mesa. San Diego is one of the finest cities in the country, and it’s not far from some of the top high school talent on the West Coast. And while it’s not quite a sequel to the Don Coryell days of the 1960s, San Diego State is winning again under Rocky Long. The Aztecs have strung together five straight winning seasons, copping the Mountain West in 2012 and 2015. A single victory in the last 26 contests against teams currently in Power 5 conferences keeps San Diego State from climbing higher on this list.

San Diego is a great city. I miss living there. Do you know if SDSU would invest and renovate Qualcomm Stadium if the Chargers choose to leave?
06-25-2016 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

McQuervo Offline
Water Engineer

(06-25-2016 06:09 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  San Diego is a great city. I miss living there. Do you know if SDSU would invest and renovate Qualcomm Stadium if the Chargers choose to leave?

Short answer, yes.

Lots of "Noise" about the Chargers and what they want, will do, and many conceptual designs have been submitted. I do know that a conceptual design was made 4 years ago for an On Campus stadium (40K Seat) and concurrently SDSU bought properties that would accommodate.

Chargers are holding fast to their wish of a Downtown Stadium, lots of political maneuvering and some positive in this light. Reality, SDSU will be granted QUALCOMM and develop into a Satellite Campus with a stadium. Expect a minimum of 4 years.

Definitely needed!
06-26-2016 10:23 AM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

(06-26-2016 10:23 AM)McQuervo Wrote:  
(06-25-2016 06:09 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  San Diego is a great city. I miss living there. Do you know if SDSU would invest and renovate Qualcomm Stadium if the Chargers choose to leave?

Short answer, yes.

Lots of "Noise" about the Chargers and what they want, will do, and many conceptual designs have been submitted. I do know that a conceptual design was made 4 years ago for an On Campus stadium (40K Seat) and concurrently SDSU bought properties that would accommodate.

Chargers are holding fast to their wish of a Downtown Stadium, lots of political maneuvering and some positive in this light. Reality, SDSU will be granted QUALCOMM and develop into a Satellite Campus with a stadium. Expect a minimum of 4 years.

Definitely needed!

Hopefully San Diego can keep the Chargers, however, the residents need to do a much better job of supporting their professional teams. I remember no one caring about the Chargers unless they made the playoffs. I went to many games at Petco Park, which is a great stadium, but saw so many empty seats. I understand why the Chargers want a new stadium, Qualcomm needs a lot of work and appears to have been built on the cheap. Hopefully SDSU can do something with that stadium and the Chargers get something more reflective of an NFL franchise.
06-26-2016 12:43 PM
McQuervo Offline
Water Engineer

(06-26-2016 12:43 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  

Short answer, yes.

Definitely needed!

Hopefully San Diego can keep the Chargers, however, the residents need to do a much better job of supporting their professional teams. I remember no one caring about the Chargers unless they made the playoffs. I went to many games at Petco Park, which is a great stadium, but saw so many empty seats. I understand why the Chargers want a new stadium, Qualcomm needs a lot of work and appears to have been built on the cheap. Hopefully SDSU can do something with that stadium and the Chargers get something more reflective of an NFL franchise.

Qualcomm is a dump.

San Diego fans....Hmmm not what would be considered "Fans" in most regions of the country. That said, Skiing is 1.5 hours away, Desert 1 hour, Mexico 20 minutes, Beach 10 minutes...Lots to do other than professional sports and that truly is what the Chargers (and Aztecs) compete against for their respective fan base(s).
06-26-2016 06:31 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

(06-26-2016 06:31 PM)McQuervo Wrote:  
(06-26-2016 12:43 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  

Short answer, yes.

Definitely needed!

Qualcomm is a dump.

San Diego fans....Hmmm not what would be considered "Fans" in most regions of the country. That said, Skiing is 1.5 hours away, Desert 1 hour, Mexico 20 minutes, Beach 10 minutes...Lots to do other than professional sports and that truly is what the Chargers (and Aztecs) compete against for their respective fan base(s).
Similar situation being an hour outside Chicago. We know the pain, just some of these idiots from Huntington and other such places don't get that. Don't understand media markets either... but alas, we know your pain and share it brother

06-26-2016 07:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.