Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Memphis @ Tulane
Bookmark and Share
TigerRoar17 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Exclamation Memphis @ Tulane
I know its a ways away but just wanted to inform any Tiger fans going down to the game. I just purchased 2 seats Sec 121 Row A (1st row) directly behind the Tigers bench for $44/each ($109 total after fees) through Stub Hub and there are several more in Row A still available in sections 120 & 121. The U of M is selling them for $35/each but the seats definitely wont be this good. Would love to have some other Tiger fans join me in this area.

Also has anyone been to Yulman? If so what is the parkig situation like? Ive read its limited but have also read there are park & ride shuttles from other areas of town
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2016 12:30 AM by TigerRoar17.)
06-20-2016 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Harry J Offline
Fan of the spoarts

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Memphis @ Tulane
Just a tip, I've used the website tickpick.com in the past with good success. They don't charge the fees that stubhub does. Saved me quite a bit for when my group went to the Memphis @ USF game last season.
06-20-2016 02:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SouthernBoiNOLA Offline
Special Teams

(06-20-2016 12:29 AM)TigerRoar17 Wrote:  I know its a ways away but just wanted to inform any Tiger fans going down to the game. I just purchased 2 seats Sec 121 Row A (1st row) directly behind the Tigers bench for $44/each ($109 total after fees) through Stub Hub and there are several more in Row A still available in sections 120 & 121. The U of M is selling them for $35/each but the seats definitely wont be this good. Would love to have some other Tiger fans join me in this area.

Also has anyone been to Yulman? If so what is the parkig situation like? Ive read its limited but have also read there are park & ride shuttles from other areas of town

Parking is pretty limited at the stadium. Whenever I go to a game there, I used to park at this dude's house that lives 4 doors down from the stadium for 20 bucks. There is plenty of street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods, and it is pretty safe. This year I have a friend owns a comic shop across the street from the stadium, so I will park there. I would recommend just taking the St Charles streetcar (trolley) to the game. Get off at Tulane and walk across campus.

More than likely, I will get a friend's season passes for the game. He rarely goes to the games. The level of apathy for Tulane from it's fans is huge. There will probably be more Memphis fans there than Tulane fans.

Anyway, hope you have a great time in New Orleans!
06-20-2016 07:28 AM
Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
We usually bring a few thousand down there. Depending on our record, I could see us bringing 6-8 thousand
06-20-2016 08:01 AM
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers
(06-20-2016 02:14 AM)Harry J Wrote:  Just a tip, I've used the website tickpick.com in the past with good success. They don't charge the fees that stubhub does. Saved me quite a bit for when my group went to the Memphis @ USF game last season.

Look at that crowd in your sig not a set to be had in a sea of Tiger blue. Makes me want to drive to LBS right now.
06-20-2016 08:47 AM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(06-20-2016 07:28 AM)SouthernBoiNOLA Wrote:  
(06-20-2016 12:29 AM)TigerRoar17 Wrote:  I know its a ways away but just wanted to inform any Tiger fans going down to the game. I just purchased 2 seats Sec 121 Row A (1st row) directly behind the Tigers bench for $44/each ($109 total after fees) through Stub Hub and there are several more in Row A still available in sections 120 & 121. The U of M is selling them for $35/each but the seats definitely wont be this good. Would love to have some other Tiger fans join me in this area.

Parking is pretty limited at the stadium. Whenever I go to a game there, I used to park at this dude's house that lives 4 doors down from the stadium for 20 bucks. There is plenty of street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods, and it is pretty safe. This year I have a friend owns a comic shop across the street from the stadium, so I will park there. I would recommend just taking the St Charles streetcar (trolley) to the game. Get off at Tulane and walk across campus.

More than likely, I will get a friend's season passes for the game. He rarely goes to the games. The level of apathy for Tulane from it's fans is huge. There will probably be more Memphis fans there than Tulane fans.

Anyway, hope you have a great time in New Orleans!

The streetcar is a good way to get to Tulane from the Quarter and the CBD, but it might not be easy to get one back downriver after the game.

Two years ago we took a taxi both ways, but it was hard to get a taxi after the game. Now that NOLA has Uber/Lyft those might be the best postgame options.
06-20-2016 10:10 AM
Tiger46 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
I used to go to New Orleans for the Tulane games via Amtrack years ago. We tried to find a weekend where we were at Tulane and the Saints were in town on Sunday.

Fun times.
06-24-2016 11:57 AM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Roughly how much is an Amtrak ticket to New Orleans? What's the experience like?
06-24-2016 05:10 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(06-24-2016 05:10 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Roughly how much is an Amtrak ticket to New Orleans? What's the experience like?

I've only taken the train once, but I didn't enjoy it. However, I road coach. I actually purchased a sleeper room with private restroom for October and am willing to give it one more chance. I'm going down Thursday and returning Sunday. I think I spent about $500 or $600 for two adults, but don't hold me to that.
06-24-2016 05:22 PM
Advertisement

SouthernBoiNOLA Offline
Special Teams

(06-24-2016 05:10 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Roughly how much is an Amtrak ticket to New Orleans? What's the experience like?

I love the train. I met my wife on the train from Memphis to New Orleans, lol. They have added in Electric plugs for each seat, so I am able to keep my laptop powered and get a lot of work done whenever a take the train.
06-25-2016 07:12 AM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

(06-25-2016 07:12 AM)SouthernBoiNOLA Wrote:  

I love the train. I met my wife on the train from Memphis to New Orleans, lol. They have added in Electric plugs for each seat, so I am able to keep my laptop powered and get a lot of work done whenever a take the train.

Going to the Tulane game and to Navy the following week. Hopefully Bank of Bartlett will have a travel package for the Navy game.
06-25-2016 01:33 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
I'll be at Navy game
06-25-2016 05:15 PM
TigerRoar17 Offline
Banned

I noticed someone bought the seats next to mine Sec 121 Row A Seats 3 & 4...anyone from the boards?
06-25-2016 06:48 PM
Advertisement

Mphs_Tigers Offline
Water Engineer

Memphis @ Tulane

My wife and I have taken Amtrac to New Orleans several times over the years to run the NO Marathon.

In my opinion it's the best way to go. They let you pack a small ice chest with 'adult beverages' and snacks and we sit in the observation car the entire trip and enjoy ourselves. Once in NO, we just catch the trolley to get to the Quarter. UBER would probably be another great way to get around the city.

We usually book months early and the cost is usually around $120 each, round trip.
06-26-2016 10:38 AM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
There are several parking lots c. a 1-2 miles from campus that are available...mostly local catholic churches and schools. The first year, they wouldn't accept drive-ups who hadn't pre-purchased a pass, but last year they did.
They will then shuttle you to the game. It's worked very well.
Post a message on AAC board closer to game and I'll post directions and locations of lots.
06-26-2016 09:45 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(06-26-2016 10:38 AM)Mphs_Tigers Wrote:  

My wife and I have taken Amtrac to New Orleans several times over the years to run the NO Marathon.

In my opinion it's the best way to go. They let you pack a small ice chest with 'adult beverages' and snacks and we sit in the observation car the entire trip and enjoy ourselves. Once in NO, we just catch the trolley to get to the Quarter. UBER would probably be another great way to get around the city.

We usually book months early and the cost is usually around $120 each, round trip.

+1 Amtrak is great coast me and my wife about the same
06-26-2016 10:48 PM
TigerRoar17 Offline
Banned

(06-26-2016 09:45 PM)DrBox Wrote:  There are several parking lots c. a 1-2 miles from campus that are available...mostly local catholic churches and schools. The first year, they wouldn't accept drive-ups who hadn't pre-purchased a pass, but last year they did.
They will then shuttle you to the game. It's worked very well.
Post a message on AAC board closer to game and I'll post directions and locations of lots.

Thanks! Will do!
06-26-2016 10:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.