Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2015 FBS Stadium Experience Rankings
Bookmark and Share
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
2015 FBS Stadium Experience Rankings
Saw this link posted on another board and thought I'd share. Nippert ranked #39 out of 128 FBS stadiums based on fan experience. Not bad. I have not yet experienced the new and improved Nip but the higher ranked ones I've watched a game in are #3 Ohio Stadium and #18 Carter-Finley Stadium (NCSU). I hope to visit #12 Jordan-Hare Stadium where my wife attended some games during her time as an undergrad and grad student at Auburn. I want to experience the SEC football atmosphere. Here's the metrics results for Nippert (0-5 stars):

Fanfare (Overall Composite Score): 4
Crowd Score: 3.7
Food and Beverage: 4
Atmosphere: 5
Neighborhood: 5
Fans: 4
Access: 4
Return on Investment: 3
Extras: 3

FBS Stadium Experience Rankings

06-17-2016 10:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
RE: 2015 FBS Stadium Experience Rankings
Notre Dame at number 1? Sorry i went to usc v nd there and was amazed how quiet the stadium was. That's their risk and i just could feel the intensity. Been to several places with better Gameday experience including Nippert

06-17-2016 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcatmark Online

Just noticed Oklahoma in the 50s.... Neyland not even top 30. Nc state was fine but not in that level. Odd list.

06-17-2016 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(06-17-2016 10:11 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Just noticed Oklahoma in the 50s.... Neyland not even top 30. Nc state was fine but not in that level. Odd list.

Yeah, there is obviously some subjectivity when it comes to "fan experience." I wouldn't have guessed the Charlotte 49ers stadium at #26 but I have never been there. A stadium that I've only seen empty but would love to see a game in is Appalachian State (#20). Gorgeous campus and surrounding mountains in Boone, North Carolina. Rabid fans too.

06-17-2016 10:42 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Maybe it was my seats in God's country, but bigger doesn't mean better: I like Nippert better than Ohio Stadium.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2016 05:14 AM by BearcatsUC.)
06-18-2016 05:13 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
It is 1 guy with a blog.

06-18-2016 05:17 AM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Pitt at Heinz ranked #28???

BWhahahahahahah wow

06-18-2016 09:12 AM
BearcatJerry Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
I have seen these rankings every so often. If memory serves, it is NOT "one guy" but a complilation of reports from various people who submit their own reviews to games they have been to. So, there is a wide variety of standards, etc...

06-18-2016 09:53 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

Gentlemen, no need to take the rankings so literally. Conversation piece only. I thought it was interesting more from the individual metrics used. Nippert was one of the higher ranked stadiums in the AAC - only below Navy and ECU I believe. From the opening page of the link...

Quote:This season, we visited 56 of the 128 FBS college football stadiums to provide updated coverage. We'll continue to visit each FBS stadium every 2-3 years to ensure we have updated information for sports travelers. Our ranking of the stadium experiences in college football is based on the rating of our official correspondents. We've included the food & beverage inside the stadium, the overall atmosphere, the neighborhood where the stadium resides, the fans, access to and inside the stadium , overall return on investment, and an "extras" category for any unique features not covered adequately in our other categories. Where ties exist, we use the ratings of our members. We encourage you to share your experiences and opinions of any venues you've visited.

06-18-2016 10:13 AM
bearcatmark Online

(06-18-2016 10:13 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Gentlemen, no need to take the rankings so literally. Conversation piece only. I thought it was interesting more from the individual metrics used. Nippert was one of the higher ranked stadiums in the AAC - only below Navy and ECU I believe. From the opening page of the link...

Quote:This season, we visited 56 of the 128 FBS college football stadiums to provide updated coverage. We'll continue to visit each FBS stadium every 2-3 years to ensure we have updated information for sports travelers. Our ranking of the stadium experiences in college football is based on the rating of our official correspondents. We've included the food & beverage inside the stadium, the overall atmosphere, the neighborhood where the stadium resides, the fans, access to and inside the stadium , overall return on investment, and an "extras" category for any unique features not covered adequately in our other categories. Where ties exist, we use the ratings of our members. We encourage you to share your experiences and opinions of any venues you've visited.

Not taking it literally just giving my comments on the list. I've been to many of the places listed and just didn't feel this was at all an accurate reflection of my experiences. Heinz = generic NFL stadium... how it is so high is beyond me. I could go on. I did a list of my own that includes college / NFL stadiums I've been to. Been to a couple others since then so my list isn't complete. I'll probably update after this season as I plan to go to Purdue a well as Jerry's World for the Bengals / Cowboys game.

Admitted I have a biased, personally connection to Nippert which ranks it higher than undoubtedly an unbiased list would, but I think I was very fair about the other spots.

http://bearcatmark.blogspot.com/2014/09/...kings.html

06-18-2016 10:31 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(06-18-2016 10:31 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(06-18-2016 10:13 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Gentlemen, no need to take the rankings so literally. Conversation piece only. I thought it was interesting more from the individual metrics used. Nippert was one of the higher ranked stadiums in the AAC - only below Navy and ECU I believe. From the opening page of the link...

Not taking it literally just giving my comments on the list. I've been to many of the places listed and just didn't feel this was at all an accurate reflection of my experiences. Heinz = generic NFL stadium... how it is so high is beyond me. I could go on. I did a list of my own that includes college / NFL stadiums I've been to. Been to a couple others since then so my list isn't complete. I'll probably update after this season as I plan to go to Purdue a well as Jerry's World for the Bengals / Cowboys game.

Admitted I have a biased, personally connection to Nippert which ranks it higher than undoubtedly an unbiased list would, but I think I was very fair about the other spots.

Agree Mark. I'm not referencing you specifically and I appreciate your perspective. I figured more folks would share where they've been and how it compared to the list. FWIW, from your blog list I don't agree that Riverfront Stadium should be in the "dump" category. Like you said, I'm very biased because during my undergrad days living in Cincinnati for about 6 years I watched many, many Reds games there and it will always be close to my heart. It certainly wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing stadium but it was affordable at the time in my life when I didn't have a lot to piss in. I never saw a football game there, however.
04-cheers

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2016 10:45 AM by UCGrad1992.)
06-18-2016 10:44 AM
Advertisement

Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
(06-18-2016 09:12 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Pitt at Heinz ranked #28???

BWhahahahahahah wow

Indeed, that is a joke. It's sterile and half full at best.

06-19-2016 10:31 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(06-18-2016 10:44 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Agree Mark. I'm not referencing you specifically and I appreciate your perspective. I figured more folks would share where they've been and how it compared to the list. FWIW, from your blog list I don't agree that Riverfront Stadium should be in the "dump" category. Like you said, I'm very biased because during my undergrad days living in Cincinnati for about 6 years I watched many, many Reds games there and it will always be close to my heart. It certainly wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing stadium but it was affordable at the time in my life when I didn't have a lot to piss in. I never saw a football game there, however.
04-cheers

Let me guess. Top six 3.50 seats. Been there many times.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2016 10:55 AM by rosewater.)
06-19-2016 10:36 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(06-19-2016 10:36 AM)rosewater Wrote:  
(06-18-2016 10:44 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

04-cheers

Let me guess. Top six 3.50 seats. Been there many times.

You guessed correctly rose. My buddies and I would even park blocks away for free to save a few bucks.

06-19-2016 12:26 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Riverfront top 6 - $3.50 tickets:

We would arrive early and park for free on this slanted parking lot near the river east of the U.S. Bank Arena (whatever it was called then - Riverfront coliseum, maybe?)

06-19-2016 02:08 PM
JUSTGOPLAY Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
(06-19-2016 02:08 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Riverfront top 6 - $3.50 tickets:

We would arrive early and park for free on this slanted parking lot near the river east of the U.S. Bank Arena (whatever it was called then - Riverfront coliseum, maybe?)

Public Landing. We parked there one night for a Bearcat Basketball game at the Coliseum. The river rose during the game, and the driver side tires were about six inches deep in river water when we came out.....Heinz Field for a PITT game? The stadium looks industrial, utilitarian, with no character. All the PITT fans dressed up as empty yellow seats does not help. The giant ketchup bottles above the scoreboard that open and pour ketchup when the home team enters the red zone are just goofy. The location of Heinz Field makes traffic into, and especially out of that stadium a nightmare.

06-19-2016 04:45 PM
Advertisement

bearcat29 Offline

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Ok, I agree. Pitt alone screws up the entire equation. No way they are top 50!
They are above Yager and a few others...but that is about it.

Ohio stadium is good, and deserves a top 10. Tennessee, while down a few years football wise, should be higher than 40. Its a fun atmosphere.

Nip is probably about right. I love night games against a good opponent. The place is rockin'.

06-19-2016 07:38 PM
MercerCo_BearCat Offline
2nd String

(06-19-2016 07:38 PM)bearcat29 Wrote:  Ok, I agree. Pitt alone screws up the entire equation. No way they are top 50!
They are above Yager and a few others...but that is about it.

Ohio stadium is good, and deserves a top 10. Tennessee, while down a few years football wise, should be higher than 40. Its a fun atmosphere.

Nip is probably about right. I love night games against a good opponent. The place is rockin'.

It's time to see how I like these weeknight games when working a normal shift. I am going to NYC Labor day weekend (I think), but I should go to the rest of the home games +Purdue

06-20-2016 09:55 AM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The Labor Day weekend game is on Thursday night before.

When are you leaving for NYC?

06-20-2016 01:40 PM
MercerCo_BearCat Offline
2nd String

(06-20-2016 01:40 PM)Bearcat Otto Wrote:  The Labor Day weekend game is on Thursday night before.

When are you leaving for NYC?

I'm leaving Friday Afternoon. It's tough to justify when I have to work the next morning then drive 10 hours.

If it works out that I can go, I will.

06-20-2016 05:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.