Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

To our friends in Orlando
Bookmark and Share
AtlantaTiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
To our friends in Orlando
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Central Florida.
06-12-2016 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
RE: To our friends in Orlando
That's sad, I don't care who you are.
06-12-2016 10:22 AM
Beetlejuice Offline
Bench Warmer

A sad day in America. Reporting at least 50 dead in Orlando. Despicable.
06-12-2016 10:37 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
I don't understand these things.
06-12-2016 10:41 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

Prayers. God bless Orlando and our Conference brothers and sisters.
06-12-2016 11:03 AM
TigernBear Offline
Water Engineer

Very constant all day here from the local stations...pretty sad from seeing folks learning bad news. I wouldn't wish this this on anyone, such a terrible situation.
06-12-2016 10:20 PM
Advertisement

MonsterTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers!!!!!
prayers for those injured and the families who lost someone last night ... so sad
06-12-2016 10:39 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

Senseless act of violence by a delusional mind.
06-13-2016 12:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
450bench Offline

(06-13-2016 12:25 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Senseless act of violence by a delusional mind.

Amen to that...
06-13-2016 12:28 AM
BealeStreetTiger Offline
Banned

(06-13-2016 12:28 AM)450bench Wrote:  
(06-13-2016 12:25 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Senseless act of violence by a delusional mind.

Amen to that...

+1
06-13-2016 03:45 AM
3rdgenerationtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers & Bears
(06-12-2016 10:41 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  I don't understand these things.

Pure evil. Very hard to comprehend yet very real and closer to home than we would admit.
06-13-2016 05:33 AM
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

infuriating.
06-13-2016 06:08 AM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(06-13-2016 06:08 AM)holyterror Wrote:  infuriating.

Especially since this guy had been investigated twice previously for terrorist-related concerns. Then, he was still able to go and legally purchase an automatic rifle without any alarms going off.
06-13-2016 06:52 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators

Or, even more disturbing, acts by someone doing what he was taught / told. A sick individual is one thing. An organization teaching and promoting this behavior is even worse:
06-13-2016 07:07 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(06-13-2016 06:52 AM)hsvtiger Wrote:  

Especially since this guy had been investigated twice previously for terrorist-related concerns. Then, he was still able to go and legally purchase an automatic rifle without any alarms going off.

The last I heard, he didn't purchase an automatic rifle. AR-15 is a semi-automatic. One pull of the trigger, one round fired. No different than a standard hunting rifle with a magazine.

But your point it true. What does it say about our culture when in the name of political correctness, politicians prevent the FBI from really putting the heat on this guy and those with similar behaviors? Sounds very familiar to the departmental politics of Justice department handling of the 9/11 'pilots'. Anything to get elected, and even more to maintain power. Past time for big changes in DC, and I'm not talking about anyone in particular. I'm talking about the culture in DC. Our government is treating this cultural issue like many addicts treat their addictions, they fail to acknowledge a problem exists. So they find a issue they know will deflect and divide, gun control. This 'pivots' the issue which removes the responsibility from them and lets them blame people who have never committed a crime.

I fear more of these 'episodes' are about to occur, and this one in Orlando will be probably be considered 'small' and probably will not involve 'guns'. But it certainly isn't small to the families\friends of the victims.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2016 08:11 AM by midtowncowboy.)
06-13-2016 07:57 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-13-2016 07:57 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  

The last I heard, he didn't purchase an automatic rifle. AR-15 is a semi-automatic. One pull of the trigger, one round fired. No different than a standard hunting rifle with a magazine.

But your point it true. What does it say about our culture when in the name of political correctness, politicians prevent the FBI from really putting the heat on this guy and those with similar behaviors? Sounds very familiar to the departmental politics of Justice department handling of the 9/11 'pilots'. Anything to get elected, and even more to maintain power. Past time for big changes in DC, and I'm not talking about anyone in particular. I'm talking about the culture in DC. Our government is treating this cultural issue like many addicts treat their addictions, they fail to acknowledge a problem exists. So they find a issue they know will deflect and divide, gun control. This 'pivots' the issue which removes the responsibility from them and lets them blame people who have never committed a crime.

I fear more of these 'episodes' are about to occur, and this one in Orlando will be probably be considered 'small' and probably will not involve 'guns'. But it certainly isn't small to the families\friends of the victims.

Thanks for the clarification as to semi-vs-full auto. That's missed much of the time.
06-13-2016 08:15 AM
Advertisement

ReynaFan Offline
Special Teams

(06-13-2016 08:15 AM)holyterror Wrote:  

Thanks for the clarification as to semi-vs-full auto. That's missed much of the time.

As I understand it, converting these to full automatic is not very complicated. Anybody know how true?
06-13-2016 09:34 AM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
Scariest part? Somewhere somebody is plotting to top 50.
06-13-2016 10:26 AM
muffinman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
(06-13-2016 09:34 AM)ReynaFan Wrote:  
(06-13-2016 08:15 AM)holyterror Wrote:  

As I understand it, converting these to full automatic is not very complicated. Anybody know how true?

Converting them is not hard at all. But buying the parts you need to convert it over to automatic is impossible to acquire without all the proper permits/registrations/ATF paperwork.

Now, I guess you could find parts through the black market, but my guess, is that its even hard to find there as well.
06-13-2016 10:39 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers

President Obama mentioned this very scenario last week in a town hall, that under the current gun laws a known suspect of the FBI, even if on a no fly list, could still legally purchase a gun or guns.

This needs to be addressed in both arms of the legislature TODAY. Screw the NRA.
06-13-2016 10:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.