Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More Trump U-Did He Pay Off State AG's?
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
More Trump U-Did He Pay Off State AG's?
An interesting read out of Florida...

Quote:New York's attorney general says the evidence is compelling that Trump's get-rich seminars — promoted in both Florida and New York — were merely a "bait and switch scheme" where people paid thousands of dollars for promised training and insight they never received.

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, however, decided not to act on similar complaints filed by Floridians.

She, however, did take money from Trump — while her office said it was "reviewing" the complaints against him. Three days after the Orlando Sentinel wrote a story in 2013 about Floridians who felt scammed by a Trump affiliate, Trump's charitable foundation gave $25,000 to one of Bondi's campaign committees.

Quote:Bondi's office always claimed there wasn't enough evidence to make a case. But I wondered how hard her staff worked to actually find any.

So I asked to see her office's investigative reports for myself.

Her office took about four weeks to respond and then finally did so with a massive document dump — thousands of pages, many of which were exchanges with the press about why they weren't investigating now and stressing they never had. A copy of an email I sent back in 2013 was included 39 different times.

All told, they provided 8,491 pages of records.

Perhaps they thought no one would really look at them.

If so, they were wrong.

I did — and found lots of troubling things and inconsistencies...
8,491 pages raise more flags about Bondi's Trump money
06-06-2016 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

RE: More Trump U-Did He Pay Off State AG's?
Quote:WASHINGTON -- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott received a $35,000 donation to his successful gubernatorial campaign from Donald Trump. This after a Texas probe into Trump University was dropped in 2010, according to the Associated Press.

The AP reported that Abbott, a Republican, was serving as Texas Attorney General at the time, and opened a civil investigation of "possibly deceptive trade practices" into Trump University, but quietly dropped it when the organization agreed to end its operations in Texas.

Trump subsequently donated $35,000 to Abbott's successful gubernatorial campaign, according to records obtained by the AP.

The AP reported that a spokesman for Abbott declined to comment.
AP: Greg Abbott Given $35K Campaign Donation by Trump after Trump University Probe Dropped
06-06-2016 11:30 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

The silence is deafening. Wonder if it would be louder if it were Bernie or Hillary? It's going to be a fun next 5 months! 03-lol
06-06-2016 01:50 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Trump is opening Trump U back up when he becomes president. Gonna be great!
06-06-2016 01:54 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-06-2016 01:54 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Trump is opening Trump U back up when he becomes president. Gonna be great!

Is it actually going to be a University this time? 03-lmfao
06-06-2016 02:08 PM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Ruh-Roh Tom... might want to check both sides of the street on this one

World News Daily

Quote:WND reported Bill and Hillary Clinton’s attack on Donald Trump over Trump University could invite increased scrutiny of the Clintons’ involvement in Laureate. While the Clintons were collecting millions, Hillary Clinton’s State Department funneled at least $55 million to a group run by the CEO of the college company, Laureate Education Inc. In addition, attorneys suing Trump U paid $675,000 to the Clintons for speeches....

Again, not to say that Trump U isn't a problem (as I do find it fishy), but it seems that both sides of this race might not want to be pointing out 'for-profit' school issues without it coming back to bite them on the arse.
06-06-2016 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

You seriously posted something from World News (Net) Daily? 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 04:16 PM by Redwingtom.)
06-06-2016 04:12 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Hopefully, they have a football team!
06-06-2016 05:10 PM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(06-06-2016 01:50 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  The silence is deafening. Wonder if it would be louder if it were Bernie or Hillary? It's going to be a fun next 5 months! 03-lol

Obama's AG has made an entire career out of doing favors for Wall Street. He even explicitly stated that he wouldn't prosecute big banks when they broke the law. Don't pretend like you have a problem with this now.
06-06-2016 09:21 PM
Advertisement

spankadelphia Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
Nobody cares.

TRUMP
06-06-2016 09:25 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Sad!

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and a separate federal class action civil lawsuit in California allege that Trump University — which was largely owned by Trump himself — defrauded consumers by as much as $35,000 each with promises of a real estate investing education that they either did not receive or found to be worthless.

All told, more than 60 people requested help from the Florida attorney general's office in obtaining refunds from Trump University and affiliates. Many alleged that they paid money for training materials and personalized instruction which were never delivered.

"I was laid off work for the first time in my life and really need this money to support my family," wrote one of the many people seeking help, adding that he had been promised a refund but never received it. "$1,400 is so much money for my family."

The documents complicate prior claims by Bondi's office that she received only one consumer complaint about Trump University at the time that she decided not to join the New York investigation.
06-06-2016 09:25 PM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
The country is irredeemable at this point. We're just going to make life hell for the people who set us on the path of destruction.
06-06-2016 09:26 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
(06-06-2016 09:21 PM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 01:50 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  The silence is deafening. Wonder if it would be louder if it were Bernie or Hillary? It's going to be a fun next 5 months! 03-lol

Obama's AG has made an entire career out of doing favors for Wall Street. He even explicitly stated that he wouldn't prosecute big banks when they broke the law. Don't pretend like you have a problem with this now.

Former AG Holder used to represent big banks yes. And he did prosecute many of them, but the problem is he settled cases for (relatively) small sums and never pushed for jail time.
06-06-2016 09:29 PM
Advertisement

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(06-06-2016 09:29 PM)Max Power Wrote:  

Former AG Holder used to represent big banks yes. And he did prosecute many of them, but the problem is he settled cases for (relatively) small sums and never pushed for jail time.

Reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke. He used to represent big banks. He still does, but he used to, too. He returned to a "hero's welcome" after his time as AG where they literally kept his office open for him.

So, basically, breaking the law is okay as long as the government gets a little slice of the action? Of course, those settlements were sometimes tax-deductible. PlaceHolder didn't convict a single person linked to the financial crisis. Compare that to over 1,000 after the S&L crisis.

Good thing the "party of Wall Street" wasn't in charge, right?
06-06-2016 09:51 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
This is a MUCH uglier story for Trump than in Texas.

So AG Bondi quashed an investigation into Trump immediately after his foundation gave her a massive political donation?

Oh and the donation was, on its face, a violation of the law, as that foundation can't make those types of donations.

And AG Bondi directly and personally asked Donald Trump for the donation.

---

This is really ugly for Trump. And even worse, its going to make headlines in Florida, a must have state for the GOP, in the middle of an election cycle.
06-07-2016 12:16 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Ummmm....what? SHE has been on the job for barely a year.

[Image: Loretta_Lynch,_official_portrait.jpg]
06-07-2016 08:54 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
(06-07-2016 08:54 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Ummmm....what? SHE has been on the job for barely a year.

[Image: Loretta_Lynch,_official_portrait.jpg]

No, he was right the first time. Obviously that's a picture of Dell Curry.
06-07-2016 08:57 AM
Advertisement

South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Where Eric Holder these days? Still running Guns to Mexico? Answer that RWT?
06-07-2016 09:04 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(06-07-2016 09:04 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Where Eric Holder these days? Still running Guns to Mexico? Answer that RWT?

Deflecting
06-07-2016 09:18 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-07-2016 09:18 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 09:04 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Where Eric Holder these days? Still running Guns to Mexico? Answer that RWT?

Deflecting

And beautifully written as well.
06-07-2016 09:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.