RIP to the true GOAT.
06-04-2016 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Ali Ali Ali Ali
I always liked Clay/Ali going all way back to the 1960 Rome Olympics when I first starting hearing about him. I remember listening to the first Liston/Clay fight on the radio. I don't remember a lot of details about the fight but I definitely remember winning a $5 bet on the outcome which was a lot of money to an undergrad in those days----probably about like $50-$75 today. I don't remember but I must had gotten some kind of odds (maybe $5 against $3 or $4) because Sonny (the "Bear") Liston was the overwhelming favor of almost everyone. Shortly thereafter Clay became Ali and he later caught a lot of flack over that especially when he stood up to the lying politicians and refused to be one the 58.000 American needlessly and criminally sacrificed in that morass known as Viet Nam. RIP to the true Champ.
06-04-2016 05:56 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Ali Ali Ali Ali
Well said
06-04-2016 10:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.