Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN: Big 12 presidents aren't rushing into a decision on expansion
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...conference

Sounds like they're going to kick the can down the road for another few months.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 08:48 PM by HawaiiMongoose.)
06-02-2016 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pitt Co Pirates Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU / AAC
RE: ESPN: Big 12 presidents aren't rushing into a decision on expansion
Well Boren sure has changed his tune. Board of regents must have given him a good scolding!!!!
06-02-2016 09:11 PM
Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
I mean, they now all have the info they need. They should know what they need to do by mid-July.
06-02-2016 09:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
Great news for everyone here who wants to keep discussing every imaginary scenario for a long time to come...

Quote:David Ubben
‏@davidubben

Texas AD Mike Perrin on expansion: "I think this is a dialogue that could continue several years."

4:10 PM - 1 Jun 2016
06-02-2016 09:15 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

understatement of the new century
06-02-2016 09:23 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
They'll wait another 8 years, until the gor expires then Texas is bolting for greener pastures.
06-02-2016 09:25 PM
Advertisement

Big Frog II Offline
1st String

I Root For: TCU
With three interim Presidents and the Baylor mess going on, I am not surprised.
06-02-2016 09:30 PM
Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Nebreaska
This will go into next spring at the very least. I would be surprised if they made choices this summer or before the end of this year. Once it gets past this year they will schedule more talks that will lasts months.
06-02-2016 10:02 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(06-02-2016 09:30 PM)Big Frog II Wrote:  With three interim Presidents and the Baylor mess going on, I am not surprised.

And the details aren't known yet on the B1G contract. If there is no urgency doesn't hurt to wait and see what they get.
06-02-2016 10:09 PM
Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

(06-02-2016 10:09 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 09:30 PM)Big Frog II Wrote:  With three interim Presidents and the Baylor mess going on, I am not surprised.

And the details aren't known yet on the B1G contract. If there is no urgency doesn't hurt to wait and see what they get.

Not only is it not announced yet, but this is taking a lot longer than it usually does to announce. That means, IMO, they are making some big changes and that requires more time to get everything done. If they were going to stay with ESPN with the same package this would have been done already.
06-02-2016 10:15 PM
Sellular1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
"We want to make sure they're not dilutive," Boren said Thursday evening in a post-meeting press conference with Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby.

"So in other words, you want to look at how do they fit athletically? What is their fan base? What media markets are they in? Where do they stand academically? We don't want to be dilutive academically as well as athletically.

Sounds like Memphis is off the table due to their terrible academic ranking.
06-02-2016 10:24 PM
Advertisement

Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

(06-02-2016 10:24 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  "We want to make sure they're not dilutive," Boren said Thursday evening in a post-meeting press conference with Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby.

"So in other words, you want to look at how do they fit athletically? What is their fan base? What media markets are they in? Where do they stand academically? We don't want to be dilutive academically as well as athletically.

Sounds like Memphis is off the table due to their terrible academic ranking.

Based on that criteria, Cincy is the #1 pick. They would be #2 in the Big 12 for research the second the ink dries on the paper.
06-02-2016 10:35 PM
dopeordogfood Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisville
I hope the ACC does something big to take away the hopes and dreams of the Big 12 getting some ACC teams in the future.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 10:37 PM by dopeordogfood.)
06-02-2016 10:36 PM
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
The Big 12 is not expanding. Texas doesn't want it. It's a pipe dream for everybody that wants to get into the Big 12. The Big 12 will be gone or will be without Texas and Oklahoma when they expand or get absorbed.
06-02-2016 10:40 PM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(06-02-2016 10:15 PM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  

Not only is it not announced yet, but this is taking a lot longer than it usually does to announce. That means, IMO, they are making some big changes and that requires more time to get everything done. If they were going to stay with ESPN with the same package this would have been done already.

I read it very differently. I interpret it as the Big Ten giving ESPN every last opportunity to come up with the money and they're willing to wait. Neither side wants to sever ties no matter what they might state publicly.
06-02-2016 10:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nebraskafan Offline
Banned

(06-02-2016 10:46 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  

I read it very differently. I interpret it as the Big Ten giving ESPN every last opportunity to come up with the money and they're willing to wait. Neither side wants to sever ties no matter what they might state publicly.

We will see. We should find out within a month most likely. I would assume by the middle of July.
06-02-2016 10:57 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-02-2016 09:12 PM)Villecard Wrote:  I mean, they now all have the info they need. They should know what they need to do by mid-July.

Wednesday's report was 200 pages of data. Friday's will probably be bigger. The ADs will have an aide summarize it for them. Then they will read it. Then they will go over it with their recommendations to the presidents.
06-02-2016 11:27 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
They already have been kicking the can down the road. Only Boise State could give the Big 12 football credibility, and they are too chicken to have Boise State winning the Big 12 championship every year.
06-03-2016 02:30 AM
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers
(06-02-2016 10:57 PM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  

We will see. We should find out within a month most likely. I would assume by the middle of July.
Ok, I just have to ask. What the hell was going through the minds of Texas officials that they thought this mess would be better than having Neb.Col.Mo. and A&M ? This just looks like the biggest cluster "f" ever . Was it some kind of poker bluff that got called or what ?
06-03-2016 05:28 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(06-03-2016 05:28 AM)FUB Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 10:57 PM)Nebraskafan Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 10:09 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  And the details aren't known yet on the B1G contract. If there is no urgency doesn't hurt to wait and see what they get.

Ok, I just have to ask. What the hell was going through the minds of Texas officials that they thought this mess would be better than having Neb.Col.Mo. and A&M ? This just looks like the biggest cluster "f" ever . Was it some kind of poker bluff that got called or what ?

Do you really think Texas didn't want those schools to stay? Of course they did. But those schools had different agendas.

And how is the current Big 12 a "cluster f***"?
06-03-2016 06:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.