Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Republican Governor Refuses To Endorse Donald Trump
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Republican Governor Refuses To Endorse Donald Trump
WASHINGTON — Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder says he’s not planning to endorse Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump — and it doesn’t look he’ll change his mind anytime soon.

In a Wednesday interview with The Detroit News, the Republican governor said he has bigger issues to deal with, namely the ongoing water crisis in Flint, which left thousands without clean drinking water.

“I’ve stayed out of the whole thing, and I’m going to continue to,” Snyder told The Detroit News Editorial Board. “I’ve got important things I want to work on in Michigan.”

Link
06-02-2016 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Republican Governor Refuses To Endorse Donald Trump
Snyder mismanaged the Flint water crisis, although blame could be spread around (but the buck stops with the top guy).

It's a shame. He's a moderate guy, stayed out of social hot button issues, and had a pretty solid approval rating until the Flint crisis hit. I know someone personally who worked under Snyder for years. Snyder's a good guy personally, there was no "malice" or ulterior motives involved with the water thing.
06-02-2016 12:47 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Well it seems at least he has the good sense to not attach himself to the Trump clown car.
06-02-2016 12:52 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(06-02-2016 12:52 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Well it seems at least he has the good sense to not attach himself to the Trump clown car.

Well it's fairly safe to say Trump wouldn't be getting many votes out of Flint anyway but likely that lack of endorsement could gain Trump lots more votes around the state .....Outside of Dexter too ! Jus' kiddin' Tom 03-lmfao
06-02-2016 01:00 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(06-02-2016 01:00 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 12:52 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Well it seems at least he has the good sense to not attach himself to the Trump clown car.

Well it's fairly safe to say Trump wouldn't be getting many votes out of Flint anyway but likely that lack of endorsement could gain Trump lots more votes around the state .....Outside of Dexter too ! Jus' kiddin' Tom 03-lmfao

I though Michigan was a bit of a swing state but perhaps what Snyder did in Flint swung it to the Democrats anyway.
06-02-2016 01:05 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(06-02-2016 01:05 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(06-02-2016 01:00 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  

I though Michigan was a bit of a swing state but perhaps what Snyder did in Flint swung it to the Democrats anyway.

Michigan is usually a pretty solid D in the presidential races. Some thought Romney might change that being from here, but everyone pretty much saw right through him here.

And while Snyder won't publicly endorse Trump, mainly for his own political expediency, I can pretty much guarantee you he'll vote for him.
06-02-2016 01:16 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Here are the Detroit News poll results of Michigan residents a few days ago:

Hillary Clinton: 43%
Donald Trump: 38.5%

When they added in the Libertarian...

Hillary Clinton: 36.8%
Donald Trump: 32.7%
Gary Johnson: 11.5%

Seems par for Michigan in recent POTUS elections - Dems win, but not in a landslide. Trump might gain more ground in MI with his trade protectionist talk, but who knows.

I don't think Snyder's Flint crisis will be too much of a factor either way.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/po.../85223072/
06-02-2016 01:20 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(06-02-2016 12:47 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Snyder mismanaged the Flint water crisis, although blame could be spread around (but the buck stops with the top guy).

It's a shame. He's a moderate guy, stayed out of social hot button issues, and had a pretty solid approval rating until the Flint crisis hit. I know someone personally who worked under Snyder for years. Snyder's a good guy personally, there was no "malice" or ulterior motives involved with the water thing.

I much as I now regret my vote for Snyder, and it's one of my pet peeves, that's not a proper use of the "buck stops" phrase. But don't feel bad, the public has used it incorrectly for so long that its real meaning has just about been thrown away.

It's about decision making...not taking responsibility.

Quote:On more than one occasion President Truman referred to the desk sign in public statements. For example, in an address at the National War College on December 19, 1952 Mr. Truman said, "You know, it's easy for the Monday morning quarterback to say what the coach should have done, after the game is over. But when the decision is up before you -- and on my desk I have a motto which says The Buck Stops Here' -- the decision has to be made." In his farewell address to the American people given in January 1953, President Truman referred to this concept very specifically in asserting that, "The President--whoever he is--has to decide. He can't pass the buck to anybody. No one else can do the deciding for him. That's his job.
http://www.trumanlibrary.org/buckstop.htm
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 01:22 PM by Redwingtom.)
06-02-2016 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.