Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chicago’s Bloody Memorial Day: 66 Shot, 6 Killed
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...d-chicago/

Quote:An incredible 66 people were shot, although just six were killed, over Chicago’s Memorial Day weekend. The carnage pushed the number of gunshot victims well above 1,500 this year in this Democratic-run city.

Quote:The shootings began over a dozen hours earlier on Friday midday — eight people were shot and two killed between 11.00 AM and midnight.

The blood continued to flow all weekend, with victims in their teens and early 20s dominating the mounting tally.

Quote:The Chicago Police had added thousands of officers to weekend patrol duties because shootings are up over 50 percent over 2015. “Beginning now, several thousand Chicago police officers will be deployed in uniform throughout neighborhood, parks, roadways and lakefront to make sure everyone has safe and enjoyable holiday weekend,” Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said on Thursday as the Memorial Day weekend neared.

It appears the extra officers barely made a dent in the chaos.

Memorial Day 2016 outpaced the toll of violence for both 2015 and 2014, but not the death tolls. In 2015, 45 were wounded, and 12 deaths were recorded. In 2014, 21 were wounded and eight killed. While far more were shot this year than any other Memorial Day weekend, Chicago can take some solace that fewer ended up dead.

So far this year there have been 1,514 people shot in Chicago. Of that number, 228 have been killed by the gunfire. An additional 26 murders by other means pushed the death toll to 254. Sixty-two of those homicides happened in May.
05-31-2016 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Chicago’s Bloody Memorial Day: 66 Shot, 6 Killed
And they didn't die only because our first responders and those in the ER's have become so acquainted with this mayhem day and night, that they are better at treating it before the thugs die of blood loss or whatever else.

Another new "normal", folks.

Accept this as the "best we can do, at least we can save X # of kids before they actually die, this time. Forget the long term injuries such as brain damage or paralysis."

Least til the next time.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 02:36 PM by JMUDunk.)
05-31-2016 11:07 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Liberal Utopia.
05-31-2016 11:36 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
This seems to be an upward trend in many Cities where this violence is up around 50% over last year. Mostly gang related issues at the core causes. Parents not being with Their kids and raising Them properly likely has a lot to do with it. Guessing the parents grew up the same way.
06-01-2016 05:11 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Very sad.
06-01-2016 08:48 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
While I agree, the shooting of that Gorilla was very sad and very tragic, it is amazing how the Gorilla's death has gotten so much press, while the slaughter in Chicago just goes on without a peep from the national press or our leaders in this country. It is just being ignored. Of course I am sure #blacklivesmatter is
doing all they can to stop the slaughter.....Yea, right.
06-01-2016 02:57 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(06-01-2016 05:11 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  This seems to be an upward trend in many Cities where this violence is up around 50% over last year. Mostly gang related issues at the core causes. Parents not being with Their kids and raising Them properly likely has a lot to do with it. Guessing the parents grew up the same way.

Absolutely. Fathers nowhere to be found, mother with a maturity age of 12. Kids are being raised by older siblings (themselves troubled) or "the streets." Wash, rinse, repeat.

How do you break this cycle?
06-01-2016 03:23 PM
Advertisement

Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
Geez, well at least these perps have Horrible aim. If it were law abiding citizens, as liberals incessantly hold responsible, there would be 66 dead. Law abiding citizens have their shooting galleries in the safety of a range.
06-01-2016 03:30 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Very tragic indeed. Hope they, along with other crime-plagued areas throughout the US, can find peace and prosperity.

The interesting thing about Chicago is how incredibly concentrated their violent crimes are on the south side. Walk through the Magnificent Mile or Wrigleyville and it feels safe as can be; go to the south and it's one of the worst places in the nation. Somewhere I once read that if you only looked at Chicago north of I-55, you'd have a metro area larger than San Francisco yet safer than Toronto. Unfortunately, that means nothing to those southern residents and it obviously does not guarantee absolute safety in normally tranquil areas, as seen in the article for the Lake Shore Drive incident.
06-01-2016 05:43 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU

Fitting.
06-01-2016 08:13 PM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Well, I wasn't the only one that noticed this....

Nets Cover Gorilla Death 54x More Than Chicago Shootings

Quote:The broadcast networks routinely prioritize animal life over human life. This Memorial Day weekend was no exception.

Over the long weekend, 69 citizens were shot across Chicago. At the same time, a gorilla named Harambe was shot after a toddler fell into the animal’s enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo. ABC, CBS and NBC spent 54 times more on the death of one gorilla than they did on the shootings (and, in some cases, death) of human beings in Chicago.

Since the death of Harambe the gorilla on Saturday, the three networks have dedicated a total of 55 minutes and 7 seconds to the story during their morning and evening news shows.

ABC anchor Amy Robach announced the “zoo horror” during Good Morning America on Monday while NBC fill-in anchor Thomas Roberts focused on the “fast and furious reactions” to the gorilla’s death during Nightly News that same day.

CBS correspondent Jamie Yuccas described PETA’s statement “saying the gorilla enclosure should have been surrounded by a secondary barrier” and the uproar by animal activists during Weekend News on Sunday. Anchor Elaine Quijano concluded that segment by commenting on the “terrifying images.”

In contrast, ABC and CBS offered just 1 minute, 1 second to the Chicago shootings. NBC couldn’t spare even one second.

ABC’s World News Tonight on Monday briefly touched on the “weekend of gun violence” that claimed a 15-year-old’s life. CBS’ Weekend News on Sunday also brushed on Chicago’s “alarming spike in gun violence.”

Methodology: MRC Culture searched transcripts and watched the morning and evening news shows from ABC, CBS and NBC from Saturday evening (May 28) until Tuesday morning (May 31).

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture...-shootings
06-01-2016 10:55 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(06-01-2016 05:43 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Very tragic indeed. Hope they, along with other crime-plagued areas throughout the US, can find peace and prosperity.

The interesting thing about Chicago is how incredibly concentrated their violent crimes are on the south side. Walk through the Magnificent Mile or Wrigleyville and it feels safe as can be; go to the south and it's one of the worst places in the nation. Somewhere I once read that if you only looked at Chicago north of I-55, you'd have a metro area larger than San Francisco yet safer than Toronto. Unfortunately, that means nothing to those southern residents and it obviously does not guarantee absolute safety in normally tranquil areas, as seen in the article for the Lake Shore Drive incident.

Southside is affectionately referred to as Chi-Raq for a reason. It's like Gary, Indiana extends for 25 miles.
06-02-2016 06:37 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(05-31-2016 11:07 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  And they didn't die only because our first responders and those in the ER's have become so acquainted with this mayhem day and night, that they are better at treating it before the thugs die of blood loss or whatever else.

Another new "normal", folks.

Accept this as the "best we can do, at least we can save X # of kids before they actually die, this time. Forget the long term injuries such as brain damage or paralysis."

Least til the next time.

I was going to based on deaths that it was actually a good holiday weekend. Though the 4th tends to be worse for the Southside.
06-02-2016 07:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.