Advertisement

rockytop Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Athlon's Nation's Best 25 FB Unit's
(05-30-2016 12:06 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Toledo #23 RB #25 OL
No other MAC school units ranked.
Btw: OSU #22 RB unranked OL.

So, if we can rebuild the defense, it should be another great year.
P
05-30-2016 03:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Our schedule is soft with great games of emphasis and time to prepare for those games... (No short weeks before premier games)
stAte we know very well, and we will have a lot for em I'm sure. Candle will make this a statement game I'm sure. A healthy Kareem will be a nightmare in Jonesboro.
Maine will be a whatever we want to whatever they'll get on our backups type of game. No FCS team has really surprised us in a while.
Fresno could try to give us a game, but we won't be overlooking them with a bye week after.
BYU on 1 week's rest and them having a game 6 days prior will give us an edge... They will not have seen an offense like ours. Not even Arizona's.
The MAC schedule will be a breeze (including BG) until Ohio, where I see us winning a tough low scoring (for us) game.
Obviously NIU and WMU will be meat of the schedule again.

8-4 would be a nightmare season, 10-2 should be expected and 12-0 won't be as hard as someone would have predicted for last year and we could have done it then! This years offense will be faster with Woodside at the helm, and a more veteran Oline.

Defense is question mark sure, but only for about 4 games we will need a good defense??? Offensively BYU, NIU, and WMU will be tricky. Does anyone else scare you? Will stAte with the Pitt QB will be a challenge?? They were in the Godaddy bowl, so we scored 63 to make it not matter.
05-30-2016 04:45 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Deep RB corps should get us through the altitude in Provo but their QB is a runner, could have our D gasping. Plus your playing against 30 year old missionaries. Tough game ahead.
05-30-2016 05:31 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Since we did such a good job of taking care of business last year, we now get to face both Northern and Western on the road this year with the title likely on the line. Maybe they will be as fired up for us as we were for each of them..
05-30-2016 08:20 PM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(05-30-2016 05:31 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Deep RB corps should get us through the altitude in Provo but their QB is a runner, could have our D gasping. Plus your playing against 30 year old missionaries. Tough game ahead.

BYU may well have the deepest and best receiving corps the Rockets face in the regular season.
05-31-2016 11:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(05-31-2016 11:31 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  
(05-30-2016 05:31 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Deep RB corps should get us through the altitude in Provo but their QB is a runner, could have our D gasping. Plus your playing against 30 year old missionaries. Tough game ahead.

BYU may well have the deepest and best receiving corps the Rockets face in the regular season.

A very good QB. My big concern is the Rockets conditioning to play at the higher altitude in Provo. Btw, Ty Detmer is their OC.
05-31-2016 04:12 PM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

This could be a trap game for BYU...... They play WVU the short week before us and then take on Michigan State the week after.
05-31-2016 05:12 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
we'll see if we've restocked our depth on d at BYU. we lost a lot but bring back very good players and some interesting new guys. first 11 is solid. it's the second 11 that will be key over the course of a season and in tough games, especially ones at altitude.
06-01-2016 01:07 AM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-30-2016 12:06 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Toledo #23 RB #25 OL
No other MAC school units ranked.
Btw: OSU #22 RB unranked OL.

I envision the Rockets' receiving corps as improved over last year making the offense ever better. Center play is the key.
06-01-2016 11:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
BYU doesn't loose at home very often. Because of that and the Altitude, I hope we come away with a win, but not optimistic. BYU never seems to have a down year, they just reload and are always tough.
06-01-2016 11:48 AM
UTNORTH Offline
Water Engineer

Over the last 6 years BYU is 31-6 at home.
06-01-2016 12:57 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

They play one hell of a schedule. They will probaby be 1-3 going into Toledo AND theyll be beat up looking ahead to MSU. It's tough to win there but it's tough to win everywhere.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 01:15 PM by UofToledoFans.)
06-01-2016 01:15 PM
Advertisement

Rocket A Offline
Heisman

Someone in vegas has the Rockets over/under wins set at 6.5???

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footbal...-fbs-teams
06-01-2016 06:53 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-01-2016 06:53 PM)Rocket A Wrote:  Someone in vegas has the Rockets over/under wins set at 6.5???

Bet the House
06-01-2016 08:58 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(06-01-2016 08:58 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(06-01-2016 06:53 PM)Rocket A Wrote:  Someone in vegas has the Rockets over/under wins set at 6.5???

Bet the House

I saw that too...... I couldn't believe it....... 01-wingedeagle
06-02-2016 08:11 AM
FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

(05-30-2016 04:45 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Our schedule is soft with great games of emphasis and time to prepare for those games... (No short weeks before premier games)
stAte we know very well, and we will have a lot for em I'm sure. Candle will make this a statement game I'm sure. A healthy Kareem will be a nightmare in Jonesboro.
Maine will be a whatever we want to whatever they'll get on our backups type of game. No FCS team has really surprised us in a while.
Fresno could try to give us a game, but we won't be overlooking them with a bye week after.
BYU on 1 week's rest and them having a game 6 days prior will give us an edge... They will not have seen an offense like ours. Not even Arizona's.
The MAC schedule will be a breeze (including BG) until Ohio, where I see us winning a tough low scoring (for us) game.
Obviously NIU and WMU will be meat of the schedule again.

8-4 would be a nightmare season, 10-2 should be expected and 12-0 won't be as hard as someone would have predicted for last year and we could have done it then! This years offense will be faster with Woodside at the helm, and a more veteran Oline.

Defense is question mark sure, but only for about 4 games we will need a good defense??? Offensively BYU, NIU, and WMU will be tricky. Does anyone else scare you? Will stAte with the Pitt QB will be a challenge?? They were in the Godaddy bowl, so we scored 63 to make it not matter.

I agree whole heartily, this team will be better than last year's team. I feel are run game will lead us. Power football is what we have now, let's not keep running that b.s. bubble screen, put that bably on the back burner.
06-02-2016 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.