Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati is putting its best Power 5 claw forward After pouring
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati is putting its best Power 5 claw forward After pouring
Long article

Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati is putting its best Power 5 claw forward

After pouring millions into football and basketball facility upgrades, UC officials believe the school is primed to join the Power 5

Posted May 27th, 2016

Brian Davis American-Statesman Staff
@BDavisAAS
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

After pouring millions into football and basketball facility upgrades, UC officials believe the school is primed to join the Power 5

Posted May 27th, 2016

@BDavisAAS
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

http://www.hookem.com/story/big-12-expan...sanalytics
05-28-2016 07:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
RE: Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati is putting its best Power 5 claw forward After pouring
Spent millions on student fees too.

07-coffee3
05-28-2016 07:53 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati is putting its best Power 5 claw forward After pouring
(05-28-2016 07:53 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  Spent millions on student fees too.

Well yeah, and so did the rest of the G5. It sucks, no question, but you can't single out Cincy for it.

Even within the P5, you can see the power pecking order by looking at student subsidy percentages. The SEC has the lowest, then the B1G, then the Big 12 and PAC, then the ACC. And within the G5, even though AAC and MWC schools are often over 40% subsidized, many MAC and Sun Belt schools are in the 60% to 80% range.

PS - Matisse was arguably the greatest artist of the 20th century, so why diss him?
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 08:10 AM by quo vadis.)
05-28-2016 08:07 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(05-28-2016 07:01 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Long article

Posted May 27th, 2016

@BDavisAAS
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Posted May 27th, 2016

@BDavisAAS
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Should have done this 10 years ago....but better late then never...preparing for the next shake up in about 8 years.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 08:21 AM by Maize.)
05-28-2016 08:20 AM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Great article SuperFly. Cincinnati, among others, is making every effort it can to join the big boys table. Whether it ever happens anytime soon or not is irrelevant to me. The fact that we have and are upgrading our facilities and touting the strengths of our university on a national scale is never a bad thing. As an alum, I wouldn't want it any other way. President Ono has been nothing short of fantastic!
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 01:14 PM by UCGrad1992.)
05-28-2016 08:20 AM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
They are doing that for multiple schools
05-28-2016 08:24 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(05-28-2016 08:20 AM)Maize Wrote:  
(05-28-2016 07:01 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Long article

Posted May 27th, 2016

@BDavisAAS
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Posted May 27th, 2016

@BDavisAAS
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Should have done this 10 years ago....but better late then never...preparing for the next shake up in about 8 years.

Bingo. Because even those who don't get into Power Conferences will look to partner with some of the best of the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
05-28-2016 10:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
I think the P5 should expand to make it P7 by accepting MWC and the AAC as P5. They are close to ACC in making money. MWC got to have to thank UNR, Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Colorado State, UNLV and New Mexico for having the ratings that sell advertisement. Those 2 conferences are much more closer to the P5 conferences than they are with the other 3.

C-USA, MAC, Sun Belt, Big Sky, MVFC, Southland, CAA, Southern, Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky, Liberty, Fordham, Eastern Illinois and a few others are about the same. Several FCS schools are much better teams than Georgia State and Charlotte.

Marshall, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Rice, UTEP, Southern Mississippi, UMass., Arkansas State, La. Lafayette, La. Tech, Western Kentucky, Texas State, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion, Bowling Green and Middle Tennessee State are close to be as good as AAC and MWC schools.
05-28-2016 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

(05-28-2016 10:47 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I think the P5 should expand to make it P7 by accepting MWC and the AAC as P5. They are close to ACC in making money. MWC got to have to thank UNR, Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Colorado State, UNLV and New Mexico for having the ratings that sell advertisement. Those 2 conferences are much more closer to the P5 conferences than they are with the other 3.

C-USA, MAC, Sun Belt, Big Sky, MVFC, Southland, CAA, Southern, Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky, Liberty, Fordham, Eastern Illinois and a few others are about the same. Several FCS schools are much better teams than Georgia State and Charlotte.

Marshall, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Rice, UTEP, Southern Mississippi, UMass., Arkansas State, La. Lafayette, La. Tech, Western Kentucky, Texas State, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion, Bowling Green and Middle Tennessee State are close to be as good as AAC and MWC schools.
You're talking out of an orifice as usual. We went to a bowl, have yet to be ranked in the Orlando Sentinel Countdown and are spending $300M on athletic facilities. No conference is getting anointed. Some programs may get in in next 5 years. The rest will have to find dance partners and make themselves the best of the rest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
05-28-2016 10:58 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-28-2016 10:58 AM)panama Wrote:  
(05-28-2016 10:47 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I think the P5 should expand to make it P7 by accepting MWC and the AAC as P5. They are close to ACC in making money. MWC got to have to thank UNR, Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Colorado State, UNLV and New Mexico for having the ratings that sell advertisement. Those 2 conferences are much more closer to the P5 conferences than they are with the other 3.

You're talking out of an orifice as usual. We went to a bowl, have yet to be ranked in the Orlando Sentinel Countdown and are spending $300M on athletic facilities. No conference is getting anointed. Some programs may get in in next 5 years. The rest will have to find dance partners and make themselves the best of the rest.

Your football team sucks, and you never deserved to be FBS that quickly. There are much better teams that wanted to be in FBS a lot longer than you and beat the pants off of you.
05-28-2016 11:07 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

And yet made it to a bowl faster than any startup. But then again you've never let facts get in the way of ...well anything...

05-28-2016 11:13 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-28-2016 11:13 AM)panama Wrote:  And yet made it to a bowl faster than any startup. But then again you've never let facts get in the way of ...well anything...

You guys lucked out. It was a down year for the SBC except for Appalachian State and Georgia Southern. If La-Lafayette and Texas State had won their games last year? Georgia State would not have gone to a bowl game.
05-28-2016 11:21 AM
panama Offline
Legend

We smashed GS 34-7. We lost Louisiana by 2 points. Over the last six games our defense averaged 317 yards allowed and 17 points allowed. That was not luck. As usual you have no idea what you're talking about and do zero research.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 11:51 AM by panama.)
05-28-2016 11:28 AM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati is putting its best Power 5 claw forward After ...

The problem with the idea of the P7 is that some members of the MWC and AAC will still try to finagle their way into the classic P5. It's not the designation, but the association.
05-28-2016 06:06 PM
panama Offline
Legend

RE: Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati is putting its best Power 5 claw forward After ...
(05-28-2016 06:06 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

The problem with the idea of the P7 is that some members of the MWC and AAC will still try to finagle their way into the classic P5. It's not the designation, but the association.
Exactly

05-28-2016 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.