Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A few years in Big East and USF will outgrow UCF
Bookmark and Share
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse

Especially in Basketball :D Playing in Madison Square Garden "BE tourny" will do wonders for South Florida recruiting. USF will be on ESPN's Big Monday too and USF's coach will learn how to recruit NYC/Philly/DC/NewEngland

I give it 5 years and USF basketball will be at or above UAB,UTEP,Memphis
06-04-2005 12:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

Enjoy Finishing 2-14 in conference play every year.
06-04-2005 12:09 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Does every school make the tourney, or do you have to qualify. If it is the latter, :rofl: no chance in hades that you make the tourney in the next 5 years!
06-04-2005 12:09 AM
Tony The Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For:

PusherT Wrote:Especially in Basketball :D Playing in Madison Square Garden "BE tourny" will do wonders for South Florida recruiting. USF will be on ESPN's Big Monday too and USF's coach will learn how to recruit NYC/Philly/DC/NewEngland

Ain't this the same asswipe who was portraying himself as a Southern Miss fan yesterday? Well, now the truth comes out. He's a USF troll.
06-04-2005 12:16 AM
USFBullSpit Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The top 12 teams make the BE Tourney. 4 teams get left out. I am sure that our wins against Cincy and Charlotte last year were not flukes, we are for real and getting better in basketball. I would not be suprised to see a sweet 16 within 5 or 7 years. I saw in one place that we had a top 20 recruiting class coming in with like 7 frosh and room for one more. The Euro kid is going to be the next DN of the Dallas Mavs. Bow down to the new kings of college sports, the USF bulls.
06-04-2005 12:16 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

USFBullSpit Wrote:The top 12 teams make the BE Tourney. 4 teams get left out. I am sure that our wins against Cincy and Charlotte last year were not flukes, we are for real and getting better in basketball. I would not be suprised to see a sweet 16 within 5 or 7 years. I saw in one place that we had a top 20 recruiting class coming in with like 7 frosh and room for one more. The Euro kid is going to be the next DN of the Dallas Mavs. Bow down to the new kings of college sports, the USF bulls.
:rofl: :rofl:

I'm just going to say this once...PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE, AND BACK AWAY! 05-nono
06-04-2005 12:18 AM
Advertisement

PusherT Offline
1st String

USFBullSpit Wrote:The top 12 teams make the BE Tourney. 4 teams get left out. I am sure that our wins against Cincy and Charlotte last year were not flukes, we are for real and getting better in basketball. I would not be suprised to see a sweet 16 within 5 or 7 years. I saw in one place that we had a top 20 recruiting class coming in with like 7 frosh and room for one more. The Euro kid is going to be the next DN of the Dallas Mavs. Bow down to the new kings of college sports, the USF bulls.
I really like to see schools "grow" Big East will have a major effect on USF Basketball. USF's BB coach has already got to rub elbows with Calhune,Behiem,Brey already at the Florida meetings. USF Basketball will grow thanks to playing in a "real" BB conference, Big Mondays at the Dome,MGS,Gampel,dunkin Doughnuts will be huge.

5 years time and USF basketball will be the best in Florida thanks to NYC/Philly/DC recruiting 04-cheers
06-04-2005 12:22 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

PusherT Wrote:
USFBullSpit Wrote:The top 12 teams make the BE Tourney.  4 teams get left out.  I am sure that our wins against Cincy and Charlotte last year were not flukes, we are for real and getting better in basketball.  I would not be suprised to see a sweet 16 within 5 or 7 years.  I saw in one place that we had a top 20 recruiting class coming in with like 7 frosh and room for one more.  The Euro kid is going to be the next DN of the Dallas Mavs.  Bow down to the new kings of college sports, the USF bulls.
I really like to see schools "grow" Big East will have a major effect on USF Basketball. USF's BB coach has already got to rub elbows with Calhune,Behiem,Brey already at the Florida meetings. USF Basketball will grow thanks to playing in a "real" BB conference, Big Mondays at the Dome,MGS,Gampel,dunkin Doughnuts will be huge.

5 years time and USF basketball will be the best in Florida thanks to NYC/Philly/DC recruiting 04-cheers

Stop it guys your killing me!

06-04-2005 12:23 AM
PusherT Offline
1st String

GrayBeard Wrote:
USFBullSpit Wrote:The top 12 teams make the BE Tourney.  4 teams get left out.  I am sure that our wins against Cincy and Charlotte last year were not flukes, we are for real and getting better in basketball.  I would not be suprised to see a sweet 16 within 5 or 7 years.  I saw in one place that we had a top 20 recruiting class coming in with like 7 frosh and room for one more.  The Euro kid is going to be the next DN of the Dallas Mavs.  Bow down to the new kings of college sports, the USF bulls.

I'm just going to say this once...PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE, AND BACK AWAY! 05-nono
don't hate Big East basketball is a big step up and USF will outgrow UCF,UAB,Memphis,UTEP, Miami,UF,FSU because of this
06-04-2005 12:24 AM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane

PusherT Wrote:Especially in Basketball :D Playing in Madison Square Garden "BE tourny" will do wonders for South Florida recruiting. USF will be on ESPN's Big Monday too and USF's coach will learn how to recruit NYC/Philly/DC/NewEngland

So sayeth Rutgers basketball and Temple football.
06-04-2005 12:25 AM
PusherT Offline
1st String

DrBox Wrote:
PusherT Wrote:Especially in Basketball :D  Playing in Madison Square Garden "BE tourny" will do wonders for South Florida recruiting. USF will be on ESPN's Big Monday too and USF's coach will learn how to recruit NYC/Philly/DC/NewEngland

Rutger Basketball is pretty good they beat SU,Gtown,ND on "Big Monday". Jay Bilas thinks the "RAC" is one of the toughest places to play.

RU BB team could win CUSA
06-04-2005 12:31 AM
Advertisement

USFBullSpit Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The reasons:

1. Tampa has no NBA team - Rutgers, Seton Hall, and all those other schools have NBA teams nearby, so the Bulls will catch on in Tampa once we start playing some real schools. People will come to the dome to watch real basketball teams and that will help our fan support.
2. USF is a way better university than UCF, Miami, UF, FSU, FAU, FAMU, and FIU, we have better academics and are building a better athletic tradition than those schools in a few years.
3. Recruits want to play in the best conference in America - too cold in the Northeast, let's go to USF.
4. Adding sky boxs and improving the Sun Dome will only help us and playing our big games and against rivals like UConn, Cuse, and Notre Dame in the St. Pete's time fourm will attrack the top recruits in America.
5. We are in the Big East and we have more money to spend on basketball.
6. We beat top 25 teams last season - Charlotte and Cincy.
7. We made the C-USA Tournament last season.
8. We are now a national program and no longer a mid major, when people think of USF, they think of the Big East and the future and potential we have and how we will dominate in a few years.
06-04-2005 12:36 AM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

PusherT Wrote:
DrBox Wrote:
PusherT Wrote:Especially in Basketball :D  Playing in Madison Square Garden "BE tourny" will do wonders for South Florida recruiting. USF will be on ESPN's Big Monday too and USF's coach will learn how to recruit NYC/Philly/DC/NewEngland

Rutger Basketball is pretty good they beat SU,Gtown,ND on "Big Monday". Jay Bilas thinks the "RAC" is one of the toughest places to play.

RU BB team could win CUSA
Yes, Rutgers basketball is terrific. I notice that they're a regular on Big Monday, just like USF will be. Rubbing elbows with Calhune and Behiem has done wonders for Rutgers hoops. It wouldn't surprise me to see USF as the next Rutgers.
06-04-2005 12:37 AM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

USFBullSpit Wrote:The reasons:

2. USF is a way better university than UCF, Miami, UF, FSU, FAU, FAMU, and FIU, we have better academics and are building a better athletic tradition than those schools in a few years.
3. Recruits want to play in the best conference in America - too cold in the Northeast, let's go to USF.
4. Adding sky boxs and improving the Sun Dome will only help us and playing our big games and against rivals like UConn, Cuse, and Notre Dame in the St. Pete's time fourm will attrack the top recruits in America.
5. We are in the Big East and we have more money to spend on basketball.

7. We made the C-USA Tournament last season.
8. We are now a national program and no longer a mid major, when people think of USF, they think of the Big East and the future and potential we have and how we will dominate in a few years.
Congratulations to USF on making the C-USA tourney this year, its superior academics to every school in Florida, it's sudden monetary wealth (in contrast to academically inferior Miami, which lost over a mill a year in the BE even though they saved money by not playing BE baseball), and its status as a national program on the tip of the tongues of basketball fans across the U.S.A.

You and Pusher could be Abbott and Costello.
06-04-2005 12:41 AM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

Donators

PusherT Wrote:

You bums couldn't compete in lowly old C-USA. What makes you think you'll be anything more than cannon fodder in the Big East?
06-04-2005 12:47 AM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

Donators

Quote:1. Tampa has no NBA team - Rutgers, Seton Hall, and all those other schools have NBA teams nearby, so the Bulls will catch on in Tampa once we start playing some real schools. People will come to the dome to watch real basketball teams and that will help our fan support.

People don't go to games to watch the home team get blown out by 30 points. Next.

Quote:2. USF is a way better university than UCF, Miami, UF, FSU, FAU, FAMU, and FIU, we have better academics and are building a better athletic tradition than those schools in a few years.

FSU, FAU, FIU, and FAMU I can understand, but better academically than Miami and UF? Keep deluding yourself. You may actually start to believe it one day

Quote:3. Recruits want to play in the best conference in America - too cold in the Northeast, let's go to USF.

Well it certainly helped Miami. Wait a minute, recruits actually want to win too? No wonder Miami was never successful.

Quote:4. Adding sky boxs and improving the Sun Dome will only help us and playing our big games and against rivals like UConn, Cuse, and Notre Dame in the St. Pete's time fourm will attrack the top recruits in America.

Well improvements to the Sun Dump couldn't hurt I suppose. Oh and you actually have to win a few games before it can be called a rivalry.

Quote:5. We are in the Big East and we have more money to spend on basketball.

So did Miami, Virginia Tech, St. John's and all the other Big East dregs. Plus you had one of the smallest bball budgets in C-USA.

Quote:6. We beat top 25 teams last season - Charlotte and Cincy.

Even a blind squirrel finda a nut every now and then.

Quote:7. We made the C-USA Tournament last season.

Congrats what a huge accomplishment for your struggling program. Remind us how many wins you got in said tournament. I'm sure that will translate well in Big East play.

Quote:8. We are now a national program and no longer a mid major, when people think of USF, they think of the Big East and the future and potential we have and how we will dominate in a few years.

USF never has, and never will be in the national spotlight. When people try to name the teams that the Big East added they say "Louisville, Cincinnati, oh and the florida team whatever their name is. UCF I think."
06-04-2005 01:01 AM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Now you all see what idiots occupy the fan base of USF.

A basketball power? A power AT ALL? Right...........

A program that couldn't compete in CUSA is going to compete in a 16 team conference where their one of maybe 2 BAD programs? Ha!

They'll win 2-3 games in conference every year, max. Nobody cares about USF basketball in Tampa, recruits don't care about playing there, and the national media sure as hell could care less what an insignificant program does.

Before USF can even begind to claim "superiority" over our basketball program these days, I'd advise you to make the NCAA tourny first. Or hell, finish out of last place in your own conference.

What a joke USF is.
06-04-2005 01:52 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

I'd like to see all BE programs improve Pusher just for the good of the league.

However, I don't even see USF making the BE tournament in the next year or two to be honest.

Terrence Leather and Brian Swift were the only two high quality guys on your team this past year, averaging 19 and 15 a game. Both are now gone. As well your #3 scorer, Bryant, is gone. The entire returning team only averaged 28 points a game, and no one in that group can take over a game as the leading individual coming back averaged less than 7 a game.

In CUSA the Bulls had double digit conference losses in 5 of the 10 seasons. And there was only a single winning season (9-7). Now you enter the Big East. I'd expect optimism from fans of any team, but looking at it as a fan who's followed your Bulls in conference for the last decade and will continue in the same conference, I think it's gonna be VERY tough to climb out of the bottom of the league.

Realistically, at best I see maybe once every four years climbing up to around .500, maybe a game over if recruiting goes well. Then maybe sneaking in as the last B.E. team in once a decade or so. The truth is somebody has to be last, or close to it, and it isn't going to be UConn, Cuse, UofL, UC, Nova, or many others for a long while.

Not to say that some of the non-football schools are about to return to '80's basketball glory, but to tell you what you are up against Bulls fans, you are the only school of the 16 that has not made it to the Final 4.
06-04-2005 02:07 AM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights

Good for you USF fans.

I'm glad you are backing your program 100 percent.

Hopefully it extends to your wallets and not just your message board banter.

Because in terms of an arms race - UCF is way ahead.

In terms of basketball - UCF is throwing down on the court at a higher level than you for the last THREE years. No BCS in basketball - I think the recruits would rather play in a consistant NCAA program rather than a Big East BOTTOMFEEDER. If you don't believe me - let's compare Syracuse and Cincy recruits against Rutgers the last few years???

Football - UCF going 0-11 is the best thing that could have happened to USF. It overshadowed the real story - that is the decline of a "promising program" - As far as I'm concerned the hot story in Florida is FAU. UCF is a traditional rebuilding situation....USF is a traditional decline due to a lack of foundation...FAU is still rising. Should they fail to keep up the growth - then the story will likely go back to UCF who will have rebounded and USF will be where they are - a 4-7/3-8 Big East team. BCS doesn't really help when you have a losing record.
06-04-2005 02:56 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

the BE tournie will do nothing for USF... they will never be part of it.
06-04-2005 06:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.