Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sean Frazier on Sirius XM
Bookmark and Share
NiuFootballfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Sean Frazier on Sirius XM
Sean was on this morning with Chris Childers talking NIU athletics and conference realignment. I didn't hear the interview, did anyone happen to tune in and listen to what was said? I saw a few tweets regarding some of his comments. I will post what I find below.

Sean's tweet:
"Looking forward to talking with @ChildersRadio on Sirius tomorrow at 10:30am CST! It's all about #NIU Time to Get back after it! #Passion"

Quotes from the interview:
“The B12 is going to do what the B12 is going to do … but we are laser focused on our conference.” — NIU AD Sean Frazier on XM/Sirious

"We are very happy in the #MAC. We need to master the conf we are in. We need to dominate in all sports & we are doing that." @SeanTFrazier
05-25-2016 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Sean Frazier on Sirius XM
I heard it. Nothing special. They started out talking about the eSports stuff. Talked about our schedule having no P5 schools on it and Frazier suggested he was dealt a few bad cards and they kind of knew they'd have to bite the bullet this year. He talked about the fact that it's still a tough schedule since the G5s we play have high expectations this year. Talked about the Summer Circuit. They asked about the B12 and Frazier just said we need to dominate the MAC and are happy where we are. They asked about him being considered for P5 jobs and he basically said he's focused on NIU and happy where he is right now. All in all a lot of coach speak but some good, free exposure for NIU.
05-25-2016 11:31 AM
NiuFootballfan Offline
Special Teams

How can he say he's happy where we are? Come on... I know it's coach talk but never settle - especially for the MAC. Anyways, thanks for the update.
05-25-2016 11:32 AM
zdsmith Offline
1st String

I Root For: Huskies Hawks
(05-25-2016 11:32 AM)NiuFootballfan Wrote:  How can he say he's happy where we are? Come on... I know it's coach talk but never settle - especially for the MAC. Anyways, thanks for the update.

I think the quote is "Happy but not satisfied"
05-25-2016 11:35 AM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(05-25-2016 11:31 AM)armour248 Wrote:  I heard it. Nothing special. They started out talking about the eSports stuff. Talked about our schedule having no P5 schools on it and Frazier suggested he was dealt a few bad cards and they kind of knew they'd have to bite the bullet this year. He talked about the fact that it's still a tough schedule since the G5s we play have high expectations this year. Talked about the Summer Circuit. They asked about the B12 and Frazier just said we need to dominate the MAC and are happy where we are. They asked about him being considered for P5 jobs and he basically said he's focused on NIU and happy where he is right now. All in all a lot of coach speak but some good, free exposure for NIU.

Wonder what the "few bad cards" were. Wyoming would be my guess, although I don't really mind that game.
05-25-2016 11:43 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
I agree with Frazier that we need to dominate the MAC. But, I disagree with him in that we are not quite doing that. In football, we have gotten to the MACC but have not dominated that. Last year, we got there by the skin of our teeth through the back door. If we can get there this year - and win the damn game - it will be impressive, considering the competition from Toledo and WMU together with our annual loss to CMU. We also need to beat the high-ranking G5 teams on our schedule to cement our place as another high-ranking G5 team. That will be a challenge. And, learning how to win in the post-season will help in any future conference move, if that's in the cards. Bottom line: we have work ahead of us.

Then, there's basketball which we have not come close to dominating. We're in the pack now, but we have a way to go to pull ahead.
05-25-2016 11:43 AM
GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(05-25-2016 11:32 AM)NiuFootballfan Wrote:  How can he say he's happy where we are? Come on... I know it's coach talk but never settle - especially for the MAC. Anyways, thanks for the update.

I think he is happy at NIU but that does not mean he should decline a bigger opportunity. I think most on this board are happy in their present jobs but would engage discussion if another chance came up. SF's name is on every short list in college football and every search firm, we all want to be highly regarded.
05-25-2016 12:07 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(05-25-2016 12:07 PM)GCD70 Wrote:  

I think he is happy at NIU but that does not mean he should decline a bigger opportunity. I think most on this board are happy in their present jobs but would engage discussion if another chance came up. SF's name is on every short list in college football and every search firm, we all want to be highly regarded.

I believe he was referring to happy with NIU's place in the MAC, not his position at NIU.
05-25-2016 12:18 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
I am not sure there is a lot of value in going out and publicly stating NIU would rather be in another conference than the MAC. The guide to conference expansion he rolled out last year I think tells you what you need on to know on his views of the MAC and other conferences.
05-25-2016 12:31 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-25-2016 11:43 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(05-25-2016 11:31 AM)armour248 Wrote:  I heard it. Nothing special. They started out talking about the eSports stuff. Talked about our schedule having no P5 schools on it and Frazier suggested he was dealt a few bad cards and they kind of knew they'd have to bite the bullet this year. He talked about the fact that it's still a tough schedule since the G5s we play have high expectations this year. Talked about the Summer Circuit. They asked about the B12 and Frazier just said we need to dominate the MAC and are happy where we are. They asked about him being considered for P5 jobs and he basically said he's focused on NIU and happy where he is right now. All in all a lot of coach speak but some good, free exposure for NIU.

Wonder what the "few bad cards" were. Wyoming would be my guess, although I don't really mind that game.

I too have no complaints about the OOC schedule. Even though its "just" 1 G5 team and 1 FCS team SF got just about the best two teams he could.

SD St is considered to be one of THE best G5 teams this year...and we have them for our home opener and they could very well be ranked when they come to DeKalb.

WIU is one of the FCS teams that I welcome scheduling as a 6th "home" game as it gets fans interested in attending more so than most MAC games.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2016 12:33 PM by HuskieJohn.)
05-25-2016 12:33 PM
Advertisement

GCD70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu
(05-25-2016 12:31 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  I am not sure there is a lot of value in going out and publicly stating NIU would rather be in another conference than the MAC. The guide to conference expansion he rolled out last year I think tells you what you need on to know on his views of the MAC and other conferences.

I have always believed that it is important to have your program in a good place to be able to take advantage if a situation that made sense arose. I remember when Bob Brigham pitched us to the Missouri Valley for basketball without having an arena, a comparable budget. He thought our big selling point was the student population at the time. You just have to be prepared.
05-25-2016 01:47 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(05-25-2016 12:33 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(05-25-2016 11:43 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  

I too have no complaints about the OOC schedule. Even though its "just" 1 G5 team and 1 FCS team SF got just about the best two teams he could.

SD St is considered to be one of THE best G5 teams this year...and we have them for our home opener and they could very well be ranked when they come to DeKalb.

WIU is one of the FCS teams that I welcome scheduling as a 6th "home" game as it gets fans interested in attending more so than most MAC games.

Yea I have no complaints about the OOC schedule this year. Casual fans might not know it but SDSU will be better than most of the P5s this year, and USF is a lot better than they've been lately. And we typically get decent attendance for in-state FCS schools.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2016 03:58 PM by NIU007.)
05-25-2016 03:57 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
This is funny, in hind sight. STF, you sly dog
08-12-2016 09:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.