Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN wrote something nice about FSU!
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Exclamation ESPN wrote something nice about FSU!
From ESPN's College football roundtable: Toughest Week 1 challenge
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/92...-challenge

Toughest SEC Non-conference matchup of week one:
Quote:The obvious choice might be the Alabama vs. USC matchup deep in the heart of Texas because of the mammoth names in that one, but I’m going with Ole Miss' trip to Disney to take on Florida State. The Seminoles should be a major player in his year’s College Football Playoff, especially with superstar running back Dalvin Cook returning and a defense that supposedly will be as nasty as ever.
05-24-2016 03:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
RE: ESPN wrote something nice about FSU!
Now you know the B1G negotiations are getting serious and ESPN is starting to play dirty! They are dragging this thing into the gutter.
05-24-2016 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-24-2016 03:22 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Now you know the B1G negotiations are getting serious and ESPN is starting to play dirty! They are dragging this thing into the gutter.

I was thinking along the lines of ESPN is (finally) propping up the properties they have locked up long term as opposed to the ones that might get away...
05-24-2016 03:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dasville Offline
Heisman

Color me jaded.
05-24-2016 03:57 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-24-2016 03:57 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Color me jaded.

Probably the REAL reason is because FSU is just too good to ignore.
05-24-2016 04:12 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

Mark I hope your right, but an article written by "staff" and attributed to an SEC guy is hardly a "new day" for the ACC imo. He very well may have been just pumping up the opponent.
Now don't get me wrong, I think FSU deserves every accolade they get as does Clemson.
This just smacks to me as a hollow compliment.
Again, no offense intended toward FSU who deserves legit recognition for work done the last several years and the havoc the could cause this year.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2016 04:40 PM by Dasville.)
05-24-2016 04:39 PM
nole Online
1st String

I Root For: FSU
ESPN basically views FSU as a threat to their #1 priority SEC football......certainly the huge amount of SEC media and ex SEC players their do. Media exposure for the ACC from ESPN is normally as 2nd class citizen to the SEC or as negative press media fodder.

Their are exceptions, of course, but as a generally rule......ESPN is making big moves to subjugate all that is the ACC (minus basketball...which is how Tobacco Road lets it all slide) to the SEC
05-25-2016 07:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.