Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This Man Saved A Girl From Being Stabbed To Death, And Now Target Is Suing Him For It
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
This Man Saved A Girl From Being Stabbed To Death, And Now Target Is Suing Him For It
Can we officially lay Target to rest RIP

Michael Turner saved a 16-year-old girl from being stabbed to death, and Target wants him to apologize for it.
MAY 19, 2016 By Bre Payton
In 2013, Michael Turner saved the life of a 16-year-old girl who had been viciously attacked and stabbed in a Target store in Pennsylvania. And instead of thanking him for protecting its customers and preventing them from being murdered, Target is now suing him for his heroism and alleging he acted irresponsibly.

The attacker, Leon Walls, was convicted of attempted homicide for stabbing then-16-year-old Allison Meadows in 2013.

Security footage from the store shows Walls grabbing Meadows and stabbing her before Turner tackles the knife-wielding perp and chases him out of the store with a baseball bat.

Meadows and her family vehemently disagree with Target’s legal assault on Turner, calling Turner’s actions heroic and crediting them with preventing Meadows’ murder. The Meadows family has sued the store, claiming that the retail company had inadequate security, and alleging that the store, by suing Turner, is just trying to blame someone else for Target’s own refusal to protect the safety and security of its customers.

“Suing Michael Turner is just Target’s way of trying to blame someone else for what happened under their own roof,” an attorney for the Meadows family said, “The family certainly doesn’t blame Mr. Turner and they are thankful he was there that day.”

Target, however, is no stranger to charges that it puts parochial corporate politics ahead of its customers’ safety.

Target has come under fire recently after announcing that all retail locations would allow customers to use whatever restroom they want regardless of their biological sex. As a result, women may suddenly find themselves sharing a bathroom with grown men. Many women’s rights activists believe Target’s new policy needlessly puts vulnerable women at risk of sexual assault and deprives them of their right to safety and privacy.

Target’s policy has raised questions nationwide about whether men who merely claim to be women should be allowed in the same bathroom as women. On Monday, a female security officer at a Giant supermarket in Washington, D.C., was arrested after telling a man to leave the women’s restroom in the store. In Toronto, a serial sexual predator pretended to be a transgender woman named Jessica in order to prey on women at a battered women’s shelter.

Trial proceedings over Target’s lawsuit against the man who rescued a 16-year-old girl from being stabbed to death will begin Monday. Meadows and her family will attend the court proceedings, ABC News Channel 9 reports.
http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/19/this...im-for-it/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2299349

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/targe...05-18-2016
05-20-2016 07:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
RE: This Man Saved A Girl From Being Stabbed To Death, And Now Target Is Suing Him For It
Don't like it? Tough...Don't shop there
05-20-2016 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: This Man Saved A Girl From Being Stabbed To Death, And Now Target Is Suing Him For It
(05-20-2016 07:17 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Don't like it? Tough...Don't shop there

You work there? 03-shhhh
05-20-2016 07:21 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Quote:And instead of thanking him for protecting its customers and preventing them from being murdered, Target is now suing him for his heroism and alleging he acted irresponsibly.

Quote:The Meadows family has sued the store, claiming that the retail company had inadequate security...

1 event. 2 dumb lawsuits.

We have a knife-wielding attacker. So of course everyone else is sued.
05-20-2016 07:28 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
At what point are people allowed to take things into their own hands when it comes to crime? Since we can not depend upon the Police to protect us every second..don't we have the right use force to stop a violent criminal? That is really the crux of this.

Walls stabbed one of Turners friends(supposedly for no reason) outside the Target store and then went in. Turner and his friends decided to not wait for the Police and take matters into their own hands. Evidently they were correct that Walls was deranged and posed a threat to the public because he then stabbed Miss Meadows inside the Target store. This IMO is the kind of instance that requires action. There was no time to "wait" for the cops. Unless there is something not being told here? Mr. Turner and his friends should be commended for their actions..not sued for them.
05-20-2016 07:46 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(05-20-2016 07:28 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
Quote:And instead of thanking him for protecting its customers and preventing them from being murdered, Target is now suing him for his heroism and alleging he acted irresponsibly.

Quote:The Meadows family has sued the store, claiming that the retail company had inadequate security...

I agree. Retail stores normally do not have armed security. I don't see how the Meadows have a case here.
05-20-2016 07:48 AM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away

Donators
(05-20-2016 07:21 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

You work there? 03-shhhh

01-wingedeagle
05-20-2016 08:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

1) I agree with you (and I still shop there)
2) I think the same response is due when a baker won't make your wedding cake.
05-20-2016 08:18 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(05-20-2016 07:28 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

that's how it is. Lawyers gotta make that cheddar
05-20-2016 08:20 AM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(05-20-2016 08:18 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

GOPers don't understand that a business is not a person...a business must follow all anti discrimination laws if they want to serve the public and hold a business license...people are welcome to discriminate all they like in their private homes.

07-coffee3
05-20-2016 08:21 AM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
What do you expect from a company based in Minnesota?
05-20-2016 08:36 AM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(05-20-2016 08:21 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

GOPers don't understand that a business is not a person..

07-coffee3

(Narrowly tailored comment on the quoted line)

That's great.

Until we tell you that Planned Parenthood it is not a person and thus has no rights or protections that a person has....and is not allowed to speak any longer.

You liberals got simplistic talking points about campaign finance once...."they aren't people!" And that becomes a mindless meme to repeat and apply to every situation.

But its not. Corporations are a collection of people...the stockholders. AARP is a collection of people. NRA is a collection of people. Sierra Club is a collection of people.

People retain their basic rights as people even collectively.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
05-20-2016 08:56 AM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(05-20-2016 08:56 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  

07-coffee3

That's great.

Until we tell you that Planned Parenthood it is not a person and thus has no rights or protections that a person has....and is not allowed to speak any longer.

You liberals got simplistic talking points about campaign finance once...."they aren't people!" And that becomes a mindless meme to repeat and apply to every situation.

But its not. Corporations are a collection of people...the stockholders. AARP is a collection of people. NRA is a collection of people. Sierra Club is a collection of people.

OK...so quote where I've said Planned Parenthood is a person...
05-20-2016 08:58 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2016 08:58 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

07-coffee3

That's great.

You think they are not?

What are they? An inanimate object? A building? A potted plant?

None of those things have any rights. They don't have inherent free speech rights or a right to own things, etc., etc.

And here I thought they were a collection of like-minded people with Constitutional rights.

Interesting legal concept.

If you and your buddy co-author something I suppose you lose your free speech rights because you are acting collectively and the two of you are "not a person".

05-20-2016 09:09 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I wonder what Target's claim is.

Still, I've already lost all respect for the company.
05-20-2016 09:14 AM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(05-20-2016 09:09 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-20-2016 08:18 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  1) I agree with you (and I still shop there)

07-coffee3

That's great.

You think they are not?

None of those things have any rights. They don't have inherent free speech rights or a right to own things, etc., etc.

And here I thought they were a collection of like-minded people with Constitutional rights.

If you and your buddy co-author something I suppose you lose your free speech rights because you are acting collectively and the two of you are "not a person".

they're a 501c3 organization...01-wingedeagle
05-20-2016 09:16 AM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2016 09:16 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(05-20-2016 08:21 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  GOPers don't understand that a business is not a person..

07-coffee3

That's great.

You think they are not?

Hahaha...okay man. I think my point is made.

05-20-2016 09:17 AM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(05-20-2016 09:17 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-20-2016 08:56 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  (Narrowly tailored comment on the quoted line)

That's great.

You think they are not?

03-lmfao nope...
05-20-2016 09:19 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2016 09:19 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(05-20-2016 08:58 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  OK...so quote where I've said Planned Parenthood is a person...
You think they are not?

03-lmfao nope...

Think about it tomorrow Scarlett.
05-20-2016 09:22 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(05-20-2016 08:56 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  (Narrowly tailored comment on the quoted line)

That's great.

You think they are not?

You did.
05-20-2016 09:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.