Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Georgia Tech Committed to Basketball. Increases Salaries Considerably
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Georgia Tech Committed to Basketball. Increases Salaries Considerably
Pastner himself will receive considerably more than Gregory, who earned $1.075 million annually. Pastner’s contract is worth an average of $1.87 million over six years, a 74 percent increase.

Altogether, assistant coaches Tavaras Hardy, Darryl LaBarrie and Eric Reveno will make 35 percent more than coach Brian Gregory’s three assistants (Chad Dollar, Tom Herrion and Mamadou N’Diaye) earned this past season.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college...ast/nrN5n/

04-rock

Here's Pastner hobnobbing with Roy Williams

[Image: pastnerwilliamsedit.jpg]

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2016/05/...-williams/
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2016 04:02 PM by BigEastHomer.)
05-17-2016 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: Georgia Tech Committed to Basketball. Increases Salaries Considerably
Are these coaches worth it?
05-17-2016 04:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(05-17-2016 04:02 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Are these coaches worth it?

“We went out and, I felt, hired a really good staff,” Pastner said.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college...ast/nrN5n/
05-17-2016 04:04 PM
Advertisement

nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(05-17-2016 04:02 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Are these coaches worth it?

Yes, but if it means that GT gets a new AD.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2016 04:30 PM by nzmorange.)
05-17-2016 04:30 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(05-17-2016 04:00 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  In a turn of the unthinkable, Pastner himself will receive considerably more than Gregory, who earned $1.075 million annually. Pastner’s contract is worth an average of $1.87 million over six years, a 74 percent increase. This means Mike Bobinski actually paid nearly double for a coach who was already too expensive to be fired at his previous location. No immediate rational explanation could be found for such profligate spending from an athletic department saddled with deep debt and bad contracts (which now includes Pastner's own contract, ironically).

Altogether, assistant coaches Tavaras Hardy, Darryl LaBarrie and Eric Reveno will make 35 percent more than coach Brian Gregory’s three assistants (Chad Dollar, Tom Herrion and Mamadou N’Diaye) earned this past season. This is mostly not surprising given how only Chad Dollar was a skillful recruiter and even he had been coming up dry the last several seasons. All three replacement coaches have little to no experience what-so-ever at the collegiate level, much less the ACC collegiate level. But Darryl LaBarrie was a former player under Paul Hewitt, so he is at least somewhat familiar with ACC basketball and Georgia Tech. However this is counterbalanced by the fact that he was coached ..... by .... Paul .... Hewitt. Yea.

Here's Pastner handing a copy of his resume forward dated 4 to 5 years to Roy Williams.

It will be interesting to see where Georgia Tech will go in 4 to 5 years from now when they've sank even further as a program, still remain saddled by debt and bad contracts, and have fallen further behind their in and out of conference rivals in financials, facilities, perception, reputation, and relevance. You have to wonder how much longer Georgia Tech fans will continue to want coaches fired before wising up to the person in charge of hiring them in the first place.

Translated to truth for you.
05-17-2016 04:58 PM
Advertisement

vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(05-17-2016 04:58 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(05-17-2016 04:00 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  In a turn of the unthinkable, Pastner himself will receive considerably more than Gregory, who earned $1.075 million annually. Pastner’s contract is worth an average of $1.87 million over six years, a 74 percent increase. This means Mike Bobinski actually paid nearly double for a coach who was already too expensive to be fired at his previous location. No immediate rational explanation could be found for such profligate spending from an athletic department saddled with deep debt and bad contracts (which now includes Pastner's own contract, ironically).

Altogether, assistant coaches Tavaras Hardy, Darryl LaBarrie and Eric Reveno will make 35 percent more than coach Brian Gregory’s three assistants (Chad Dollar, Tom Herrion and Mamadou N’Diaye) earned this past season. This is mostly not surprising given how only Chad Dollar was a skillful recruiter and even he had been coming up dry the last several seasons. All three replacement coaches have little to no experience what-so-ever at the collegiate level, much less the ACC collegiate level. But Darryl LaBarrie was a former player under Paul Hewitt, so he is at least somewhat familiar with ACC basketball and Georgia Tech. However this is counterbalanced by the fact that he was coached ..... by .... Paul .... Hewitt. Yea.

Here's Pastner handing a copy of his resume forward dated 4 to 5 years to Roy Williams.

It will be interesting to see where Georgia Tech will go in 4 to 5 years from now when they've sank even further as a program, still remain saddled by debt and bad contracts, and have fallen further behind their in and out of conference rivals in financials, facilities, perception, reputation, and relevance. You have to wonder how much longer Georgia Tech fans will continue to want coaches fired before wising up to the person in charge of hiring them in the first place.

Translated to truth for you.

Agreed
05-18-2016 01:43 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
Well they just made 27.4M in 2014-15....and BC is paying GT 900K for the Dublin game....Looks like GT can afford to not only eat the B. GREGORY buyout, but do that while still paying off Hewitt....And spend a lil more on a new coaching staff...I hope Pastner is the right man for the job!!
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2016 11:40 PM by GTFletch.)
05-29-2016 11:39 PM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Pastner has been good for Georgia Tech. Good wins over VCU and UNC.

Looks like this decision has paid off in spades.
01-06-2017 02:30 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
(01-06-2017 02:30 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Pastner has been good for Georgia Tech. Good wins over VCU and UNC.

I hope this hire works out but it's a little early to be saying Ga. Tech hoops is on track. Pastner didn't set the world on fire in his last job.
01-06-2017 04:54 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(01-06-2017 04:54 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 02:30 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Pastner has been good for Georgia Tech. Good wins over VCU and UNC.

I hope this hire works out but it's a little early to be saying Ga. Tech hoops is on track. Pastner didn't set the world on fire in his last job.

^ this
01-06-2017 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.