Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New flavor of the month. Who's next?
KUGR Offline
Banned

I Root For: BYU
New flavor of the month. Who's next?
First it started with South Florida. The message boarders sold success, Florida access, and time in the Big East as the reason they were getting a B12 invite. They have back to back seasons of going 3-9 and 2-10 and suddenly the clamor dies down on the internet.

Next up, Central Florida. Not a word about them....but just as USF was tailing off, UCF was on an upswing. UCF has 3 good seasons with a victory over Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. Suddenly, the message boarders are in love with UCF. They suddenly give you everything USF had.....plus they "win".

Then 2015 rolls around and the UCF program goes belly up finishing 0-12 and the love affair is over. Now the message boarders are desperately searching for a new "flavor of the month". Suddenly a tweet comes out that K-State's now deposed President had dinner with UConn's president and talked "nice" about UConn. Well, the message boarders have now found their flavor of the month. Despite nothing about UConn previously, and a horrible football program, they suddenly are the new favorite.

Then May 2016 comes around and people find out that Fred Smith has been trying to buy off the Big 12 (as if the Big 12 would have an difficulty to find a sponsor....lol). The message boarders change Memphis from an after thought to "favorite of the month".

Who is the next AAC to take a turn at the plate and bring hope to a hopeless fanbase? I'm betting Temple. 02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 03:51 PM by KUGR.)
05-12-2016 03:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: New flavor of the month. Who's next?
Grasping.
05-12-2016 03:52 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(05-12-2016 03:50 PM)KUGR Wrote:  First it started with South Florida. The message boarders sold success, Florida access, and time in the Big East as the reason they were getting a B12 invite. They have back to back seasons of going 3-9 and 2-10 and suddenly the clamor dies down on the internet.

Next up, Central Florida. Not a word about them....but just as USF was tailing off, UCF was on an upswing. UCF has 3 good seasons with a victory over Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl. Suddenly, the message boarders are in love with UCF. They suddenly give you everything USF had.....plus they "win".

Then 2015 rolls around and the UCF program goes belly up finishing 0-12 and the love affair is over. Now the message boarders are desperately searching for a new "flavor of the month". Suddenly a tweet comes out that K-State's now deposed President had dinner with UConn's president and talked "nice" about UConn. Well, the message boarders have now found their flavor of the month. Despite nothing about UConn previously, and a horrible football program, they suddenly are the new favorite.

Then May 2016 comes around and people find out that Fred Smith has been trying to buy off the Big 12 (as if the Big 12 would have an difficulty to find a sponsor....lol). The message boarders change Memphis from an after thought to "favorite of the month".

Who is the next AAC to take a turn at the plate and bring hope to a hopeless fanbase? I'm betting Temple. 02-13-banana

Someone linked the Temple article. You didn't see it?04-cheers
05-12-2016 04:40 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(05-12-2016 04:40 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 03:50 PM)KUGR Wrote:  First it started with South Florida. The message boarders sold success, Florida access, and time in the Big East as the reason they were getting a B12 invite. They have back to back seasons of going 3-9 and 2-10 and suddenly the clamor dies down on the internet.

And the Tulsa Airport.
05-12-2016 04:42 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF

You mad? Apparently sucker punching is BYU's bread and butter.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 04:47 PM by jaredf29.)
05-12-2016 04:47 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(05-12-2016 04:47 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  

He even showed up at the UC board trolling around. Must be that time of the month.
05-12-2016 04:49 PM
Advertisement

jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
(05-12-2016 04:49 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 04:47 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  

He even showed up at the UC board trolling around. Must be that time of the month.

Seems particularly bad must be the first time.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 05:00 PM by jaredf29.)
05-12-2016 04:58 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
In the spirit of this thread, troll bait or not, the answer is obvious: Memphis. Two years ago, no one would have ever thought they might be in the top of AAC teams to get a look. Now they might be number 1 or 2.

Note this is not a shot at Memphis. Just meant that by definition, they are the new flavor
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 05:30 PM by adcorbett.)
05-12-2016 05:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rednblackattack Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
Memphis needs to prove they can sustain success
05-12-2016 05:38 PM
Johnny Incognito Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
I think Buffalo is next. Or maybe I'm just wanting some wings. Or both.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 06:31 PM by Johnny Incognito.)
05-12-2016 06:31 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(05-12-2016 04:42 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 04:40 PM)bullet Wrote:  

And the Tulsa Airport.

I'm guilty of the Tulsa airport thread. With all this realignment nonsense going around I thought I would throw that one in the mix....couple guys ran with it.
Cheers!
05-12-2016 06:49 PM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(05-12-2016 05:38 PM)rednblackattack Wrote:  Memphis needs to prove they can sustain success
This is one of the principle arguments for the Big12 waiting ... Memphis is not the only one of the prospective targets that really need more time to prove that they can sustain success.
05-12-2016 07:41 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN

The extreme saltiness of this post has not gone unnoticed.
05-12-2016 08:30 PM
muffinman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State

Well we do know that it is not BYU.
05-12-2016 08:55 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I guess it will be ECU after Montgomery takes us to the playoff in his first season.
05-12-2016 08:55 PM
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers

Uh, what's the matter bra ? Someone steal your bicycle ?
05-12-2016 09:24 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(05-12-2016 07:41 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 05:38 PM)rednblackattack Wrote:  Memphis needs to prove they can sustain success
This is one of the principle arguments for the Big12 waiting ... Memphis is not the only one of the prospective targets that really need more time to prove that they can sustain success.

I think UCF, UConn and USF have pretty clearly shown they will have a hard time sustaining success and none of them make sense geographically. Memphis is really the only one in question.

And 10 more years of the new giant gap between the P5 and G5 will only make it more difficult.

You move now with 2 of BYU, Houston, Cincinnati or Memphis or you decide not to do it.
05-13-2016 07:18 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(05-13-2016 07:18 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 07:41 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  

I think UCF, UConn and USF have pretty clearly shown they will have a hard time sustaining success and none of them make sense geographically. Memphis is really the only one in question.

And 10 more years of the new giant gap between the P5 and G5 will only make it more difficult.

You move now with 2 of BYU, Houston, Cincinnati or Memphis or you decide not to do it.

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma St move to the PAC 12, my money is on BYU and Houston as their replacements and they stick at 10 teams.
05-13-2016 07:34 AM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
University of Phoenix.

They have a NFL stadium.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2016 12:05 AM by HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine.)
05-15-2016 12:04 AM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(05-12-2016 05:21 PM)adcorbett Wrote:  In the spirit of this thread, troll bait or not, the answer is obvious: Memphis. Two years ago, no one would have ever thought they might be in the top of AAC teams to get a look. Now they might be number 1 or 2.

Note this is not a shot at Memphis. Just meant that by definition, they are the new flavor

Yeah but Memphis lost their football coach. Temple had a good season and could be a new flavor of the month if they have another one. Say undefeated or 1 loss and a NY6 bowl.

The clear flavor of the month is Houston though. Coming off a 1 loss season beating FSU in a NY6 bowl, retaining their head coach and talk of them cracking the CFP. Houston is as hot a flavor of the month as any of those other schools mentioned in the OP ever where.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2016 01:09 AM by ChrisLords.)
05-15-2016 01:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.