Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Should the ACC be proactive and....
SMUfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
Should the ACC be proactive and....
Should the ACC be proactive and go after Cincy and UConn/Temple?
05-09-2016 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
RE: Should the ACC be proactive and....
No they should get SMU and Houston.
05-09-2016 06:33 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Proactive? Yes.
Cincy/Uconn/Temple? Not now.
05-09-2016 06:34 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Thanks for creating a sh!t on UCONN thread...
05-09-2016 06:38 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(05-09-2016 06:30 PM)SMUfan Wrote:  Should the ACC be proactive and go after Cincy and UConn/Temple?

?
05-09-2016 06:46 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
The ACC I've said might want to double down in Florida with UCF/USF.

That way they can be the Florida conference like the B12 is the Texas conference.
05-09-2016 06:53 PM
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(05-09-2016 06:30 PM)SMUfan Wrote:  Should the ACC be proactive and go after Cincy and UConn/Temple?

Why should the ACC do something that would piss off GT, VT, Clemson, and Florida State? How does that do anything for ND? They have a vote although some don't want to admit that.
05-09-2016 07:08 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
what about SDSU, Boise, UNLV and Fresno State

then they could be the AAPCC (the Atlantic And Pacific Coasts Conference)

maybe New Mexico and CSU as well then they are the AAPCCWM (Atlantic And Pacific Coasts Conference With Mountains)

think of the PODs!

or with UH, SMU, Tulane and USF they are the A,GAPCCWM the Atlantic, Gulf And Pacific Coasts Conference With Mountains and think of the markets, footprint and the PODs! 02-13-bananaCOGS03-idea01-ncaabbs
05-09-2016 07:28 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Until ND joins full, ACC does nothing. If the ACC goes after the AAC it would be Navy if ND came in, Cinci and Houston if the were to go to 18. I think the ACC is ready to stand pat and wait to see what happens with the B12. TCU, Baylor & WVU would probably be who the ACC would go after if the B12 split.
05-09-2016 07:43 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
The ACC had a great chance to be proactive in a massive way in 2010 and passed at the last minute.
05-09-2016 07:52 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Convince Tennessee to go independent in football, but join the ACC for all other sports so the ACC will be at 14/16. The ACC then announces it is going to 9 conference games in football. For the ninth game, ACC schools will play one of the following:

1) Notre Dame
2) Tennessee
3) a designated "near permanent rival" - pairings are UNC/Wake, Miami/BC, Duke/NC State, Florida State/Georgia Tech, Louisville/Pittsburgh, Syracuse/Virginia Tech, and Clemson/Virginia. Over a 30 year cycle, these teams would play each other 22 times - twice every five years as part of the normal division rotation, and then once every three years in the ninth conference game.

The SEC has a huge quandary on its hands - does it add Memphis, which is closer to Ole Miss than most of the state of Tennessee, or does it go for a new market entirely - perhaps one in the ACC's backyard?
05-09-2016 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange

Should the ACC be proactive? Absolutely! Should they move in the direction you are suggesting? No.

And this is not meant as a knock on any of the institutions you mentioned.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 07:55 PM by texasorange.)
05-09-2016 07:54 PM
Rabbit_in_Red Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville, ACC
I think it's becoming readily apparent the BigXII is on the verge of collapse. The ACC would be wise to watch and let it happen and pick up who they can from that conference. That being said, outside of Texas and Notre Dame...UConn would be a good choice for the ACC so long as another school that's more football oriented joined with them.
05-09-2016 08:07 PM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
The ACC should be pro-active and merge with the Big 12 before the PAC decides to merge with the Big12.

Wait a minute... I just got a great idea. the ACC and PAC should be proactive and split up the Big 12 between them.
05-09-2016 08:08 PM
mike012779 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
The ACC already owns the Northeast and NY from what I hear.... So might as well grab Houston and SMU. LOL then we can hear from there fans how they own FL, TX, NY, the NorthEast and most of the South with Clemson. Push that ACC network right past the Sec and Big's
05-09-2016 08:10 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-09-2016 08:07 PM)Rabbit_in_Red Wrote:  I think it's becoming readily apparent the BigXII is on the verge of collapse. The ACC would be wise to watch and let it happen and pick up who they can from that conference. That being said, outside of Texas and Notre Dame...UConn would be a good choice for the ACC so long as another school that's more football oriented joined with them.

Counting all publics and privates Connecticut finished 55th in gross revenue last year. That's 11 spots better than 10 P5 schools. They were the only G5 school to make the top 64. It is asinine that so many give them short shrift. Like Iowa State their biggest problem is geography and the fact that they once ticked off the ACC.

They aren't AAU so no Big 10, even though there have been rumors that perhaps one day?

They are too far North for the SEC.

They are too far North and East for the Big 12.

So the ACC is their best bet. If the ACC expands again they would be wise to take them IMO.
05-09-2016 08:15 PM
Advertisement

Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(05-09-2016 08:08 PM)goofus Wrote:  The ACC should be pro-active and merge with the Big 12 before the PAC decides to merge with the Big12.

Wait a minute... I just got a great idea. the ACC and PAC should be proactive and split up the Big 12 between them.

The ACC and Pac-12 should be realllllllly proactive and merge. They'd rule the seas.
05-09-2016 08:24 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(05-09-2016 08:15 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 08:07 PM)Rabbit_in_Red Wrote:  I think it's becoming readily apparent the BigXII is on the verge of collapse. The ACC would be wise to watch and let it happen and pick up who they can from that conference. That being said, outside of Texas and Notre Dame...UConn would be a good choice for the ACC so long as another school that's more football oriented joined with them.

Counting all publics and privates Connecticut finished 55th in gross revenue last year. That's 11 spots better than 10 P5 schools. They were the only G5 school to make the top 64. It is asinine that so many give them short shrift. Like Iowa State their biggest problem is geography and the fact that they once ticked off the ACC.

They aren't AAU so no Big 10, even though there have been rumors that perhaps one day?

They are too far North for the SEC.

They are too far North and East for the Big 12.

So the ACC is their best bet. If the ACC expands again they would be wise to take them IMO.

Speaking as a replacement school, UConn would be a great replacement school for several teams in the ACC. They would be a good add under the right circumstances.
05-09-2016 08:25 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-09-2016 08:24 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 08:08 PM)goofus Wrote:  The ACC should be pro-active and merge with the Big 12 before the PAC decides to merge with the Big12.

The ACC and Pac-12 should be realllllllly proactive and merge. They'd rule the seas.

Football should never be played at sea! It is after all a turf acquisition sport.
05-09-2016 08:25 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(05-09-2016 07:08 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  

Why should the ACC do something that would piss off GT, VT, Clemson, and Florida State? How does that do anything for ND? They have a vote although some don't want to admit that.

I'll admit they have influence on the ACC football decision making. But a vote?
I still see Swarbrick's face introducing the death of the BCS and the birth of the P5. ND does have a vote in Power 5 matters do they not?
05-09-2016 08:30 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.