Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Paterno knew about Sandusky sexual abuse in 1976?
Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
Paterno knew about Sandusky sexual abuse in 1976?
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/cou..._big-photo

"The line in question states that one of Penn State's insurers has claimed "in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU's Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky."

The order also cites separate references in 1987 and 1988 in which unnamed assistant coaches witnessed inappropriate contact between Sandusky and unidentified children, and a 1988 case that was supposedly referred to Penn State's athletic director at the time."
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 09:15 PM by Hokie4Skins.)
05-05-2016 09:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Paterno knew about Sandusky sexual abuse in 1976?
Said long ago, Sandusky had a much earlier start than previously reported. Pedos are just that.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 09:22 PM by SuperFlyBCat.)
05-05-2016 09:21 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Disgusting. Profoundly disgusting.
05-05-2016 09:30 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
IMHO, Joe knew. He just didn't care. Joe was a POS.

But he's dead now. His involvement is over. The bigger issue, IMHO, is that the rest of the university doesn't really care. Honestly, they fought the NCAA, the school immortalized Joe in PSU lore, the trustees all glorified him and the football program in their BoT election materials, the school hired a President from FSU who may have covered up for Jameis, the school hire a football coach from Vanderbilt who may have covered up for his players (and is generally creepy), and I can't remember what the AD's history is, but I want to say that he was implicated in a scandal as well. Clearly the school isn't taking abuse seriously. It's paying lip service, sure, but that's it. And, if the school is swilling to look the other way when it comes to kids, who will they protect? PSU is another tragedy waiting to happen.
05-05-2016 09:34 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
The joebots will find a way to spin this. I hate penn state because of their response to all of this. Awful just awful
05-05-2016 09:41 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
(05-05-2016 09:11 PM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/cou..._big-photo

"The line in question states that one of Penn State's insurers has claimed "in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU's Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky."

Holy crap. Sandusky was promoted to DC in 1977 from LB coach.

I wonder what the hell Sandusky had on Paterno where he could not only keep his child molesting covered up, but also get promoted.

Remember, McQueary got promoted after he kept his mouth shut.

The program should have been given the death penalty.
05-05-2016 10:09 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
The program may never shake the stigma.
05-05-2016 10:12 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
If the stigma fits....
05-05-2016 10:14 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
And Sandusky started Second Mile in 1977 as well.

So Paterno knew he was a child molester in 1976. And he knew he started a youth charity in 1977. And he knew he moved next door to an elementary school. And he knew about several of the subsequent complaints.

Burn in hell, Joe Paterno.
05-05-2016 10:23 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
I very much dislike these threads.
05-05-2016 10:50 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(05-05-2016 09:41 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  The joebots will find a way to spin this. I hate penn state because of their response to all of this. Awful just awful

They bragged about their response:

http://timesleader.com/archive/65310/sto...fety224904

Penn State President Rodney Erickson says actions taken by the university in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case will make Penn State a leader in dealing with campus crime.

Erickson says the school is adopting aggressive new safety and reporting policies and when the process is complete, Penn State will be a model university. He says other colleges are calling Penn State seeking advice.
05-05-2016 10:55 PM
Advertisement

DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

I Root For: NIU
BREAKING: Joe Paterno was a terrible human being

****In today's news we already knew****
05-05-2016 11:05 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
Disgusting.
05-06-2016 01:27 AM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
(05-05-2016 09:34 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  IMHO, Joe knew. He just didn't care. Joe was a POS.

But he's dead now. His involvement is over. The bigger issue, IMHO, is that the rest of the university doesn't really care. Honestly, they fought the NCAA, the school immortalized Joe in PSU lore, the trustees all glorified him and the football program in their BoT election materials, the school hired a President from FSU who may have covered up for Jameis, the school hire a football coach from Vanderbilt who may have covered up for his players (and is generally creepy), and I can't remember what the AD's history is, but I want to say that he was implicated in a scandal as well. Clearly the school isn't taking abuse seriously. It's paying lip service, sure, but that's it. And, if the school is swilling to look the other way when it comes to kids, who will they protect? PSU is another tragedy waiting to happen.

It may be semantics, but the school didn't fight the NCAA. Some zealots affiliated with the school and state officials did. The school worked with the NCAA, trying to play up itself as willing and reformable. That act is what you see with Erickson chatting about standard-setting practices.

At the very least, Joe just wanted to be a coach, and his ignorance to stay in that lane is very well understood now. But, man, what a selfish piece of crap. The school was wise to to cut various ties and disassociate themselves with him...they should have and better still keep to that as more is exposed.

I only say this because the whole thing is just so f'ed up. The school, its staff, law enforcement, local and state politics...nobody did their job here. Life in Happy Valley...if the rest of the area makes you shudder in a Deliverance or Hee-Haw kind of way, know that the dandelion springing from the the pot of dirt in Centre County isn't any different.
05-06-2016 04:53 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Anyone living in PA saw all of this for a long time. Ever wonder why Sandusky retired just at the time he should have became a HC in the late 90's? This is it. Pathetic POS university that should be shut down.
05-06-2016 06:33 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Sad mess.
05-06-2016 07:28 AM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(05-05-2016 10:55 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 09:41 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  The joebots will find a way to spin this. I hate penn state because of their response to all of this. Awful just awful

They bragged about their response:

http://timesleader.com/archive/65310/sto...fety224904

Penn State President Rodney Erickson says actions taken by the university in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case will make Penn State a leader in dealing with campus crime.

Erickson says the school is adopting aggressive new safety and reporting policies and when the process is complete, Penn State will be a model university. He says other colleges are calling Penn State seeking advice.

And then they put the damned idol to Joe Pa back up! Need more be said? That action truly speaks louder than words!
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 07:35 AM by JRsec.)
05-06-2016 07:32 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I'll go back to my point some time ago that a 'death penalty' situation, even self imposed, would have been a good thing for them in the long term. All they needed to do was take a year off. During that time they could clean house, rebrand, shift things around, wipe away their connection to the past, and come back after a whole new program.

Instead, they are going to limp along with this for decades, disliked by just about everybody--nothing short of a college football leper.

I know that it is hard since there was a real cult of personality behind Joe but it was the right thing to do and ultimately the only thing to do to give the program much of a future.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 07:57 AM by HeartOfDixie.)
05-06-2016 07:54 AM
BIgCatonProwl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
"SHAMEFUL" Joe knew, is what we all suspected.
05-06-2016 08:52 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
In other news water is wet.
05-06-2016 08:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.