Bookmark and Share
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Flemmings receives scholarship
http://uncwsports.com/news/2016/5/5/mens...rship.aspx

[Image: flemmings_chris1.jpg]

Seahawks Reward Flemmings With Scholarship

WILMINGTON, North Carolina – Newcomer Chris Flemmings was one of the catalysts in UNCW's resurgence in men's basketball this season and the junior guard has collected yet another reward for his hard work in 2015-16: He'll receive a scholarship from the Seahawks in 2016-17.

Flemmings joined the program in the summer of 2014 after thriving at NCAA Division II Barton and sat out the 2014-15 season per NCAA guidelines. He was a walk-on this past year for Head Coach Kevin Keatts and the Seahawks and led the team in several offensive categories as UNCW ascended to the top of the Colonial Athletic Association standings and returned to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 10 years.

"We're very excited and pleased to reward Chris with a scholarship," said Keatts. "He exemplifies what a Seahawk player is all about. He became part of our team and did everything possible – on and off the court – to improve and make our program better. We're looking forward to having him build on a tremendous junior season."

The talented Flemmings paced the Seahawks in minutes (1,052), scoring (16.2 ppg) and rebounding (5.8 rpg) as the team matched the school record with a 25-8 mark. He shot 51.0 percent from the floor and 81.1 percent at the free throw line

The Cary, N.C., and Green Hope High School graduate earned First-Team All-CAA honors and was named to CAA Tournament's Outstanding Player after scoring 53 points in wins over the College of Charleston, Northeastern and Hofstra. The National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) named him to the District 10 First-Team.

Flemmings scored the third most points by a junior in Seahawk history (533) and led the team in scoring 16 times. He tied the school record with a perfect 11-for-11 performance on Feb. 6, 2016, in UNCW's 90-73 victory over Northeastern in Boston.
05-05-2016 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Flemmings receives scholarship
#thatsashocker lol
05-05-2016 02:54 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

It was well deserved. Flemmings has worked hard to get to this point.
05-05-2016 03:07 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Finally. Looking forward to his senior campaign.
05-05-2016 04:52 PM
Advertisement

Proff Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Flemmings receives scholarship
(05-05-2016 04:52 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  Finally. Looking forward to his senior campaign.

True. But wish next year was his sophomore year!
05-05-2016 05:01 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(05-05-2016 05:01 PM)Proff Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 04:52 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  Finally. Looking forward to his senior campaign.

True. But wish next year was his sophomore year!

Same here! Feels like his time here is flying by.
05-05-2016 05:26 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

He definitely earned it!
05-05-2016 10:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.