Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

S&C for Football
RiceOwl53 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice Owls
S&C for Football
Apparently Coach Yox is on his way out. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Trying to get more details.
05-05-2016 11:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pan95 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice/WY
RE: S&C for Football
Well, that is interesting. Perhaps we can make a call to Coach K.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 01:25 PM by Pan95.)
05-05-2016 11:26 AM
loki_the_bubba Online
Heisman

Am I elated or outraged at this news?
05-05-2016 11:41 AM
sts60 Offline
1st String

Yes.

OK, really, I'm wondering the same thing.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 12:17 PM by sts60.)
05-05-2016 12:16 PM
Houston Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I think if we knew the whole story we would all be nauseated.
05-05-2016 09:14 PM
tramile12 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: RICE
So is anyone going to tell us the whole story? I thought he was well liked.
05-06-2016 10:15 AM
Advertisement

mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
(05-05-2016 09:14 PM)Houston Owl Wrote:  I think if we knew the whole story we would all be nauseated.

Yikes! Hopefully not worse than the Greenspan/Kazemi-Oraby situation? Perhaps best to let sleeping dogs lie...
05-06-2016 10:18 AM
RiceOwl53 Offline
2nd String

So, I have done a little bit of investigating and finally found a reliable explanation to why Yox was let go if anyone cares...here it is:

Apparently, it was HR stuff that was "unfortunate". Rumor has it, Yox rubbed some academic higher ups the wrong way and when he made the slightest misstep they wanted him out. Apparently he made a comment and they were "offended" so he was pushed out. This, in my opinion, is exactly what is wrong with the university system in general, and quite frankly America as a whole. He was a good S&C coach from what little I knew of him and the guys on the team really liked him.

But it's so shocking that the academic side of the school screws over the athletic side...
05-14-2016 12:39 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(05-14-2016 12:39 PM)RiceOwl53 Wrote:  So, I have done a little bit of investigating and finally found a reliable explanation to why Yox was let go if anyone cares...here it is:

Apparently, it was HR stuff that was "unfortunate". Rumor has it, Yox rubbed some academic higher ups the wrong way and when he made the slightest misstep they wanted him out. Apparently he made a comment and they were "offended" so he was pushed out. This, in my opinion, is exactly what is wrong with the university system in general, and quite frankly America as a whole. He was a good S&C coach from what little I knew of him and the guys on the team really liked him.

But it's so shocking that the academic side of the school screws over the athletic side...

You mean tolerant of everything under the sun in the name of being open-minded and progressive, except about what they have decided to arbitrarily not to tolerate? Where have we seen that before?
05-14-2016 10:24 PM
tramile12 Offline
2nd String

No doubt it involved The Dean of all Idiots, Hutch.
05-16-2016 02:39 PM
westsidewolf1989 Online
Heisman

(05-16-2016 02:39 PM)tramile12 Wrote:  No doubt it involved The Dean of all Idiots, Hutch.

What a shocker that would be
05-16-2016 08:29 PM
Advertisement

Pan95 Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice/WY
(05-16-2016 08:29 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 02:39 PM)tramile12 Wrote:  No doubt it involved The Dean of all Idiots, Hutch.

What's the deal with Hutch?
05-16-2016 08:44 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(05-16-2016 08:44 PM)Pan95 Wrote:  
(05-16-2016 08:29 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  

What's the deal with Hutch?

05-16-2016 08:52 PM
talon owl Offline
Chicken Fingers Justin

I Root For: The OE Arrrrrgh

New Orleans BowlThe Parliament Awards
(05-14-2016 12:39 PM)RiceOwl53 Wrote:  So, I have done a little bit of investigating and finally found a reliable explanation to why Yox was let go if anyone cares...here it is:

In what context is the football s&c coach crossing paths with "academic higher ups", furthermore with the occasion to opine and rub them the wrong way?
05-17-2016 12:38 PM
westsidewolf1989 Online
Heisman

(05-17-2016 12:38 PM)talon owl Wrote:  

In what context is the football s&c coach crossing paths with "academic higher ups", furthermore with the occasion to opine and rub them the wrong way?

That's what I was wondering as well...
05-17-2016 01:06 PM
tramile12 Offline
2nd String

I guess the higher ups could possibly be JK or others.
When Rice Admin is ever mentioned in any context, I immediately think of Dean Hutch who avows his liberal, love all, it takes a village mantra, and then bends over, violates and boots out any student who has the misfortune to cross his path. Specifically, athletes.

Can't stand him.
05-17-2016 04:54 PM
Advertisement

cr11owl Offline
All American

(05-17-2016 04:54 PM)tramile12 Wrote:  I guess the higher ups could possibly be JK or others.
When Rice Admin is ever mentioned in any context, I immediately think of Dean Hutch who avows his liberal, love all, it takes a village mantra, and then bends over, violates and boots out any student who has the misfortune to cross his path. Specifically, athletes.

Can't stand him.

Or Ostdiek. Both have been terrible in their administrative positions.
05-17-2016 07:14 PM
RiceOwl53 Offline
2nd String

(05-17-2016 12:38 PM)talon owl Wrote:  

Various things. Instead of going to a function highly encouraged by the wiener side of things, you go to a workout instead (applicable to the guys living on campus). Conflicting schedule with class and workouts (teacher not willing to make reasonable accommodations and S&C letting them know it's BS). Commentary during workout to one of the more...sensitive...players and he goes to complain to the deans. Do I need to list more?
05-18-2016 03:09 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(05-18-2016 03:09 PM)RiceOwl53 Wrote:  Instead of going to a function highly encouraged by the wiener side of things, you go to a workout instead (applicable to the guys living on campus). Conflicting schedule with class and workouts (teacher not willing to make reasonable accommodations and S&C letting them know it's BS).

I'm curious: could these situations also be characterized as:
- Instead of going to a function highly encouraged of all students, you go to a workout instead.
- S&C coach not willing to make reasonable accommodations to students whose class schedules conflict with workouts.
- S&C coach insulting faculty.
05-18-2016 03:45 PM
Antarius Offline
Say no to cronyism

(05-18-2016 03:45 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  
(05-18-2016 03:09 PM)RiceOwl53 Wrote:  Instead of going to a function highly encouraged by the wiener side of things, you go to a workout instead (applicable to the guys living on campus). Conflicting schedule with class and workouts (teacher not willing to make reasonable accommodations and S&C letting them know it's BS).

I'm curious: could these situations also be characterized as:
- Instead of going to a function highly encouraged of all students, you go to a workout instead.
- S&C coach not willing to make reasonable accommodations to students whose class schedules conflict with workouts.
- S&C coach insulting faculty.

No doubt. But that interrupts the rhetoric that Bailiff and his staff are poor, underpaid, struggling souls.

Rice is an academic institution first. The people that forget that usually don't last that long...
05-18-2016 06:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.