Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Orlando Sentinel Ranks FBS Teams
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Orlando Sentinel Ranks FBS Teams
Good news. I don't see EMU (yet) but I see three opponents, two from the month of September:

#128 UMass-Independent
#127 North Texas-CUSA
#126 Tulane-AAC
#125 Army-Independent
#124 Miami University-MAC
#123 Louisiana Monroe-Sun Belt
#122 SMU-AAC
#121 Hawaii-MWC
#120 Kansas-Big 12
#119 Purdue-Big 10
#118 New Mexico State- Sun Belt
#117 Wyoming-MWC
#116 Oregon State-PAC 12
#115 Charlotte-CUSA
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 04:07 PM by emu steve.)
05-03-2016 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: Orlando Sentinel Ranks FBS Teams
I thought it interesting that we are ranked higher than army or Miami
my gut tells me that kwane jucos our DL line could the best we've seen at emu I think our defense will surprise on the other hand our ok is a basket case which roback will show up and who does he throw to although I really like Tuttle browning and Daugherty but is that enough?
05-03-2016 04:24 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

On the main MAC board the suggestion was that the Orlando writer(s) must be buying that our defense will be much improved.

As we've discussed, we might not be the Leicester City of American football, but with an improved defense, healthy, veteran OL, and solid QB play from Roback that we could be much improved.
05-03-2016 04:33 PM
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
I totally buy that Roback has the talent to be one of, if not, the best QB in the MAC. We've seen flashes of it here or there. But that's the problem. It's just been 'here or there.'

Remember that 4th quarter comeback against WMU in 2013? Roback lead the offense down the field, through multiple 4th downs, to take the game to overtime and an eventual win.

I'd be ecstatic if he comes out and proves his worth this season.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 04:45 PM by FrankAnderson.)
05-03-2016 04:43 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I think they're more or less buying into our schedule. If show some signs of improvement defensively, we could very easily be 3-1 going into conference play.

I'm still in the "I'll believe it when I see it" phase, but we really couldn't ask for a better OOC schedule.
05-03-2016 05:27 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

Not buying Roback at all until he proves it in the first 4 games, with consistency and the elimination of stupid turnovers.

The OLine performance in Spring game is a big concern, regardless of 'experience.'

Loss of the 2 receivers a problem unless we get an immediate Juco stud starting receiver.

Defense will be improved, no doubt.
05-03-2016 05:45 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(05-03-2016 05:45 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Not buying Roback at all until he proves it in the first 4 games, with consistency and the elimination of stupid turnovers.

The OLine performance in Spring game is a big concern, regardless of 'experience.'

Loss of the 2 receivers a problem unless we get an immediate Juco stud starting receiver.

Defense will be improved, no doubt.

Yes, and easy OOC schedule is nice and gives us our 'best chance' of winning, but this team still has a long ways to go to become a solid MAC team.

We need to be careful to avoid so-called 'blue sky' type speculative expectations (typically used with stocks or investments where the 'sky is the limit' but there is little basis for that expectation other than hope): "speculative schemes which have no more basis than so many feet of 'blue sky.'"

We can contrast that with most of our other sports which have demonstrated success. So saying our MBB and WBB are expected to go to CLE in 2017 for the MAC tourney is reasonable based on recent history.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 05:54 AM by emu steve.)
05-05-2016 05:23 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
We ended up at 110. This tells me the rankers think EMU will be greatly improved in 2016 in their opinion.

But we're losing some players and adding some so it will be interesting to see how it all settles out before the August reporting date.

I still think the staff is evaluating placekickers, maybe a LB and a WR from the JUCO ranks.

IF eligible we've added some nice DL and a DB depth post signing day.
05-19-2016 09:24 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(05-19-2016 09:24 AM)emu79 Wrote:  We ended up at 110. This tells me the rankers think EMU will be greatly improved in 2016 in their opinion.

But we're losing some players and adding some so it will be interesting to see how it all settles out before the August reporting date.

I still think the staff is evaluating placekickers, maybe a LB and a WR from the JUCO ranks.

IF eligible we've added some nice DL and a DB depth post signing day.

OR as was posted on the main MAC forum, some believe the schedule is the difference.

In other words, the difference between team ranked #125, 115 or 105 might be which has the most or least favorable schedule.

As has been discussed here a lot, the 2016 EMU schedule 'bakes in' a win over a weak FCS team, and has a home and and an away game with weak FBS teams.

We are more or less starting with a good chance of two OOC wins. I'm hard pressed to remember the last time we did that, EXCEPT when one of English's teams played TWO FCS teams, neither strong.

A win over MVSU and either CHARLOTTE or WYO gets us say up to #115 in the rankings.

Beat all three and we 'zoom' up to near #100.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2016 10:26 AM by emu steve.)
05-19-2016 10:24 AM
Advertisement

emdypo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: emu eagles
We're number 110, we're number 110. It has a nice ring to it. Take that HBO Real Sports.
05-19-2016 11:48 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(05-19-2016 11:48 AM)emdypo Wrote:  We're number 110, we're number 110. It has a nice ring to it. Take that HBO Real Sports.

We were a #1 seed for a few hours in MBB last November... 03-lmfao

Attached File(s)
.jpg  EMU#1Seed-small.jpg (Size: 67.4 KB / Downloads: 10)
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2016 12:34 PM by emu steve.)
05-19-2016 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.