Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Class Act: USF has moment of silence before UCF Game following death of UCF Signee
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Class Act: USF has moment of silence before UCF Game following death of UCF Signee
While regular season AAC Baseball Games don't attract much headlines, UCF's Baseball Family lost a Knight when 17 yr old signee Joe Skinner, died just months after being diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer, B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).

Skinner was diagnosed with this aggressive form of cancer just 2 weeks after signing with UCF back in November.

USF held a joint moment of silence prior to yesterday's UCF/USF game, which was a class act that certainly brought both teams together and realized how one's young life can be changed in literally a heartbeat away.

https://twitter.com/UCF_Baseball/status/...08/photo/1

Follow

UCF Baseball
‏@UCF_Baseball
Both teams took a moment of silence in memory of #UCF signee Joe Skinner #SkinnerStrong
[Image: ChUvGukU0AAiqQF.jpg]

USF Head Coach kind words
https://twitter.com/CoachKingUSF/status/...wsrc%5Etfw

Joe Skinner committed to UCF over 3 years ago...as his long-life dream was to play for UCF...which became a reality when he was finally able to sign with UCF back in November:

[Image: CV9VnDDW4AETf8I.jpg]

A quick glimpse of how his very young man was more wise and brave of thse 2-4 times his age...he and his family were life-long Indianapolis Colts Fan, and as one who would easily qualify for Make-A-Wish event, Joe decided to donate over $9,000 that had been raised from #skinnerstrong bracelet and t-shirts sales by many HS Baseball teams across the state back to Make-A-Wish Foundation...so that a young child could benefit from an amazing experience during their time of need.

Once some Indianapolis Colts players heard about what Joe did in donating dollars raised to young child in need, they responded directly back to Joe:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/col.../81975168/

Here's a feature article in the Orlando Sentinel from just a few weeks ago that tells about the fight Joe was going thru over the past few months:

Joe Skinner keeps spirit high in fight against cancer
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/hi...story.html

Thought this kind act by USF, which also help show the world what an amazing 17 yr old was able to accomplish during his way too young life was a beautiful gesture.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 04:49 AM by KnightLight.)
05-01-2016 04:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Class Act: USF has moment of silence before UCF Game following death of UCF Signee
Very sad, class act.
05-01-2016 07:47 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Class Act: USF has moment of silence before UCF Game following death of UCF Signee
Sorry for the UCF family in their loss of a young man.

Thank you to the USF administration for their thoughtfulness in this time of remembrance.
05-01-2016 08:01 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Very sad to hear such news for such a young person
05-01-2016 08:50 AM
Advertisement

Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to this young man, his family and the UCF team. The blood cancers are just awful... when you have the chance, consider donations to the Leukemia Lymphoma society.
05-01-2016 09:28 AM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
Class Act: USF has moment of silence before UCF Game following death of UCF S...
(05-01-2016 09:28 AM)Bull Wrote:  Tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to this young man, his family and the UCF team. The blood cancers are just awful... when you have the chance, consider donations to the Leukemia Lymphoma society.

Totally agree. When I had my mustang club all of our car show and 50/50 proceeds went to that organization. They do great things.
05-01-2016 12:18 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
Props to the USF family for the thoughtful act. RIP Mr. Skinner.

BTW, cancer sucks
05-01-2016 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.