RE: The American TV Contract
I believe I've heard 2018.
04-30-2016 07:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
(04-30-2016 07:31 AM)Knightsweat Wrote:  I believe I've heard 2018.

If we do not lose anybody I think with the amount of content we provide and our wins in the Access Bowls (if Houston can win this year that would be great also), UConn's national championships, we should be fine. We probably just need to make a decent run in the NCAA the next two years and we can probably get around $4-$5 million a team. Not a whole lot compared to P5 but does make a difference.
04-30-2016 07:56 AM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
The American TV Contract
(04-30-2016 07:56 AM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  

If we do not lose anybody I think with the amount of content we provide and our wins in the Access Bowls (if Houston can win this year that would be great also), UConn's national championships, we should be fine. We probably just need to make a decent run in the NCAA the next two years and we can probably get around $4-$5 million a team. Not a whole lot compared to P5 but does make a difference.

That would only put us back to where most of us are now with the exit fees. They are due to run out by then
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 10:09 AM by Knightbengal.)
04-30-2016 10:08 AM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
(04-30-2016 07:14 AM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  When do we renegotiate?

Deal expires after 2018-19 school year. ESPN will have an exclusive window to rengotiate during the summer and early fall of 2018. If we can't get a deal done, then we can go to the open market in late 2018.

So I expect we'll start hearing numbers thrown around about two years from now.

Which means we have two more football seasons and two more basketball seasons to state our case for more $$$.
04-30-2016 11:37 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans

This league has very good market sizes... It's current members aren't nowhere near been start-ups, most programs/teams have rich histories behind them, had the AAC not been labeled a dead walking conference from start this conference would of easy fetch the 4mil - 5mil per many now think could get.

But now that the AAC has spread it's wings, muscles and shown what most of this leagues teams are capable of when winning upscale games nationally, tv rating $$$ wise, 8mil - 10mil now shouldn't be far out of reach.
04-30-2016 11:41 AM
Advertisement

Knightbengal Offline
All American

The American TV Contract
(04-30-2016 11:41 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  

This league has very good market sizes... It's current members aren't nowhere near been start-ups, most programs/teams have rich histories behind them, had the AAC not been labeled a dead walking conference from start this conference would of easy fetch the 4mil - 5mil per many now think could get.

But now that the AAC has spread it's wings, muscles and shown what most of this leagues teams are capable of when winning upscale games nationally, tv rating $$$ wise, 8mil - 10mil now shouldn't be far out of reach.

Which is where the big east was except we have no champ access
04-30-2016 11:49 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
The American TV Contract

$10mil. a year would be amazing.
04-30-2016 12:12 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(04-30-2016 12:12 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

We are not getting a 500% raise. $4 -5 million would be awesome to really separate from the G4. Navy should be a really valuable addition. Love to grab someone like Wichita State on the hoops side.
04-30-2016 12:16 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(04-30-2016 12:16 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  

We are not getting a 500% raise. $4 -5 million would be awesome to really separate from the G4. Navy should be a really valuable addition. Love to grab someone like Wichita State on the hoops side.

that's right, keep selling the conference cheap. Buy into ESPN's hype. Settle back in your seats, you'll be here for a very long time.

Screw ESPN. If Aresco isn't seeking Power status, he should be fired. Aim for the moon and if you don't catch it, perhaps you can wrangle in a comet or two. Never ask for pennies when you want dollars. 05-nono
04-30-2016 12:24 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
BYU gets $6-7M per year for their football.

The Big East schools get $5M per year for their basketball.

Combine that, and $11-12M per year is the outer edge of possible. Will we have the leverage to get it? Very likely not. But I remain hopeful we can get BYU money ($6-7M per year) for our combined football + hoops package.
04-30-2016 12:57 PM
Advertisement

Knightbengal Offline
All American

The American TV Contract
(04-30-2016 12:24 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 12:16 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 07:56 AM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  If we do not lose anybody I think with the amount of content we provide and our wins in the Access Bowls (if Houston can win this year that would be great also), UConn's national championships, we should be fine. We probably just need to make a decent run in the NCAA the next two years and we can probably get around $4-$5 million a team. Not a whole lot compared to P5 but does make a difference.

that's right, keep selling the conference cheap. Buy into ESPN's hype. Settle back in your seats, you'll be here for a very long time.

Screw ESPN. If Aresco isn't seeking Power status, he should be fired. Aim for the moon and if you don't catch it, perhaps you can wrangle in a comet or two. Never ask for pennies when you want dollars. 05-nono

4 to 5 million wouldn't be a raise. Given Boises contract and byus I think we can get more unless we are plucked
04-30-2016 12:58 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(04-30-2016 12:58 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  4 to 5 million wouldn't be a raise. Given Boises contract and byus I think we can get more unless we are plucked

Do you believe that UCF belongs in a Power Conference? If you do then you must think that UCF is worth at least 25-30Mil a year. That's the going figure for a Power Conference invite.

Florida is worth 80mil a year in Cable user fees. I think that USF is worth at least half that which means, USF is worth 40mil a year. So asking me to except or even cheer about 4-5mil a year is insanity.

I'm not going to debate the expenses or values of every team, that's pointless. What I'm saying is that "MY TEAM" is worth a Power Invite. So that's my going rate. Would the conference get it? Maybe not but, I'm not posting anywhere that I'll except that figure or even rationalize it. 4-5mil is just pennies on the dollar of what this conference is really worth. 04-rock

FYI: By saying you'd except 4-5 mil a year, you devalue and invalidate all your claims that UCF belongs in a power conference. USF belongs in a power conference. Do all the members of the American? Probably not but, USF does. So, 4-5mil is not a good price for the conference's new media deal. That's all I'm saying. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 01:08 PM by Mestophalies.)
04-30-2016 01:05 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
ESPN is going to offer less money but they agreed to throw in some AAC decals and 32oz. commemorative cups to each school.
04-30-2016 01:15 PM
BIgCatonProwl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
i think ESPN possibly passing on the B1G, may help the "American" when comes to time to renegotiating..time will tell.
04-30-2016 01:16 PM
breinin2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCONN
What would people's thoughts be on possibly going somewhere other than ESPN? If, for example, ESPN is offering $4 million per school and Fox/NBC/CBS are offering $8 million? Honestly, I think Fox is slowly becoming a more viable option as a tv partner but the other two I would pass on.
04-30-2016 01:24 PM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(04-30-2016 01:05 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 12:58 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  4 to 5 million wouldn't be a raise. Given Boises contract and byus I think we can get more unless we are plucked

Do you believe that UCF belongs in a Power Conference? If you do then you must think that UCF is worth at least 25-30Mil a year. That's the going figure for a Power Conference invite.

Florida is worth 80mil a year in Cable user fees. I think that USF is worth at least half that which means, USF is worth 40mil a year. So asking me to except or even cheer about 4-5mil a year is insanity.

I'm not going to debate the expenses or values of every team, that's pointless. What I'm saying is that "MY TEAM" is worth a Power Invite. So that's my going rate. Would the conference get it? Maybe not but, I'm not posting anywhere that I'll except that figure or even rationalize it. 4-5mil is just pennies on the dollar of what this conference is really worth. 04-rock

FYI: By saying you'd except 4-5 mil a year, you devalue and invalidate all your claims that UCF belongs in a power conference. USF belongs in a power conference. Do all the members of the American? Probably not but, USF does. So, 4-5mil is not a good price for the conference's new media deal. That's all I'm saying. 04-cheers

Wow your not a homer at all.... 07-coffee3 01-wingedeagle
04-30-2016 01:28 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(04-30-2016 01:28 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

Really!!!! Do you believe that Houston is worth a Power conference invite?

"HOMER!!!!!!!!" 03-lmfao
04-30-2016 01:30 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(04-30-2016 01:30 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

"HOMER!!!!!!!!" 03-lmfao

Thanks for proving my point..... I mean if you knew anything about UH you would know we were in a power conference before USF even played Division 1 football. But then again I'm not blinded by homerism. 07-coffee3 01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 02:05 PM by Westhoff123.)
04-30-2016 02:01 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(04-30-2016 02:01 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 01:30 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

"HOMER!!!!!!!!" 03-lmfao

Thanks for proving my point..... I mean if you knew anything about UH you would know we were in a power conference before USF even played Division 1 football. But then again I'm not blinded by homerism. 07-coffee3 01-wingedeagle

You're a super homer. Which of the two schools was the most recent member of a power conference? Just admit you failed to understand my post and move on. 03-lmfao
04-30-2016 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.