Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Convo- Harrisonburg Civic Center
Bookmark and Share
johnjmu98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: jmu
New Convo- Harrisonburg Civic Center
There are two or three wealthy alums who could stroke a $4 million dollar check and not even feel the drip out of their bank account. Those donors are more than fed up with Jon Boy Alger, Jeff Bourne, and Charlie King. If our BOV makes the change needed at the top, the new Arena would be funded in less than a week. So sad that the hiring of left wing progressive idiots like Alger became a trendy thing to do... The checkbooks would be open if Alger was a goner plain and simple
04-30-2016 04:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
RE: New Convo- Harrisonburg Civic Center
Do you know for a fact that they would write those checks or are you saying they MIGHT if Alger were gone. Those are two very different things, one won't have the BOV act the other should have them get Alger out of here on the next thing smoking.
04-30-2016 08:43 AM
Deez Nuts Online
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
CISDuke I might write a check too WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

my guess is jmujohn thinks the toyota dealer could write a nice check and call it the Civic center
04-30-2016 09:03 AM
JMUNation Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
I heard of one $5 million check from a donor in Charlotte. I know the donor but have not spoken with him directly. This information comes from a close friend of the donor.
04-30-2016 09:18 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2016 09:18 AM)JMUNation Wrote:  I heard of one $5 million check from a donor in Charlotte. I know the donor but have not spoken with him directly. This information comes from a close friend of the donor.

Would that donor be in the pro Alger crowd or anti Alger crowd?
04-30-2016 09:50 AM
Dukes2Space Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes
Those are the types of gifts we need so badly. So frustrating. And the BOV is going to extend this guy. I feel completely helpless. I wish I had a $5 million check. It's a shame that someone would withhold that money because they have no reason to believe it will change anything under this guy's "leadership". I don't blame them one bit.
04-30-2016 12:56 PM
Advertisement

JMUrcc06 Offline
1st String

(04-30-2016 12:56 PM)Dukes2Space Wrote:  Those are the types of gifts we need so badly. So frustrating. And the BOV is going to extend this guy. I feel completely helpless. I wish I had a $5 million check. It's a shame that someone would withhold that money because they have no reason to believe it will change anything under this guy's "leadership". I don't blame them one bit.

Why aren't these donors calling the BoV to let them know they are withholding 7 digit donations until they release Alger? Why is it always the 4 and 5 digit donors calling to express our frustration?

If these so called "3" would call the duke club and BoV before June I bet we'd quote: see some change!
04-30-2016 04:22 PM
olderduke Offline
1st String

Re: RE: New Convo- Harrisonburg Civic Center
(04-30-2016 09:03 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  CISDuke I might write a check too WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

my guess is jmujohn thinks the toyota dealer could write a nice check and call it the Civic center

Wouldn't that require a Honda dealer?
04-30-2016 10:04 PM
CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

(04-30-2016 04:22 PM)JMUrcc06 Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 12:56 PM)Dukes2Space Wrote:  Those are the types of gifts we need so badly. So frustrating. And the BOV is going to extend this guy. I feel completely helpless. I wish I had a $5 million check. It's a shame that someone would withhold that money because they have no reason to believe it will change anything under this guy's "leadership". I don't blame them one bit.

Why aren't these donors calling the BoV to let them know they are withholding 7 digit donations until they release Alger? Why is it always the 4 and 5 digit donors calling to express our frustration?

If these so called "3" would call the duke club and BoV before June I bet we'd quote: see some change!

^this. If you have money like that you know you have weight to throw around USE IT! I feel like the BOV couldn't ignore someone like that.
04-30-2016 10:14 PM
Dukes2Space Offline
Special Teams

(04-30-2016 10:14 PM)CISDuke2014 Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 04:22 PM)JMUrcc06 Wrote:  

^this. If you have money like that you know you have weight to throw around USE IT! I feel like the BOV couldn't ignore someone like that.

If there needs to be anything added on top, each BoV member needs to ask if anyone could possibly do a worse job than Alger.
04-30-2016 10:40 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

Don't know if they have communicated to the BOV. They should.
04-30-2016 10:57 PM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2016 09:18 AM)JMUNation Wrote:  I heard of one $5 million check from a donor in Charlotte. I know the donor but have not spoken with him directly. This information comes from a close friend of the donor.

Unless there is another, we should all know who this is you speak of. By the way, its been a a few years, but he is a sports fanatic. One tour of his home and this becomes very clear.
05-01-2016 05:25 AM
Rock House Duke Offline
1st String

(05-01-2016 05:25 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

Unless there is another, we should all know who this is you speak of. By the way, its been a a few years, but he is a sports fanatic. One tour of his home and this becomes very clear.

BP, I thought you were the potential $5 Million donor. 04-cheers
05-01-2016 07:25 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2016 05:25 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  

If his contribution is the difference between retaining Alger and letting him go, I will forego my vengeance on the whole Sherm extension tantrum.05-mafia
05-01-2016 09:17 AM
Dukes2Space Offline
Special Teams

On one hand I wouldn't want the BOV to not renew the president based on one donation to athletics. On the other hand, the president should be replaced anyway so in this case doing so would be a win/win.
05-01-2016 11:48 AM
Purplehazed Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
Alger knows his invisible do nothing leadership style has not been well received and yet he does, that's right, nothing. Says nothing...

He can't be stupid. I do believe he is a self-righteous liberal but they are not known for keeping quiet...

How can a president of a large university do nothing? Few people in a visible position can pull off nothing and we have one of the best on the quad.
05-01-2016 12:29 PM
Advertisement

jmuroadwarrior Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU albany
I attended the Sports HOF Banquet last night at a D3 school where I assisted the Women's Basketball team for many years. When a former player gets inducted I attend the event. In recent years there is a new President at this school. He has been there for 3 or so years. He is a former college athlete and is very sports oriented.

When he first got there, he immediately reorganized the Administration's reporting hierarchy so that the Director of Athletics reported DIRECTLY to him. I asked him about it a couple of years ago. He said that he was too interested in the sports program to have to go through someone else to get to talk to the AD. He did not want anything lost in translation or anyone keeping anything from him. He also had on his most important "to-do list" the addition of news sports to the program. In the first year he declared that 5 new sports be added. Granted some of the sports are with small squads but one, baseball, is 18-11 so far this year with a victory last week over D3 #5 CNU. ( The President played college baseball.) In the past year the AD has been replaced by a newer younger vibrant person. Now she is the one reporting directly to him.

I asked him how were these changes accepted by the Faculty? He said that the best single performing group academically at the school are those on athletic teams. The Faculty had no issues with the new sports emphasis.

The very last speaker at last night's event was the President. He talked about how vitally important sports have been in the school's marketing, it's appeal to incoming students, its link to community support etc. He made an impassioned speech for donations expressly for new and improved athletic facilities. When he finished I looked at the Mrs. and just nodded, thinking............if only.

(I realize it is not fair to compare a small D3 with a scholarship based D1 program but some of this is relative.)
05-01-2016 01:03 PM
CISDuke2014 Offline
1st String

(05-01-2016 11:48 AM)Dukes2Space Wrote:   On one hand I wouldn't want the BOV to not renew the president based on one donation to athletics. On the other hand, the president should be replaced anyway so in this case doing so would be a win/win.

It's not about just this one its about how many others are doing the same thing. If there's one there's most likely more and not just for athletics......
05-01-2016 03:15 PM
Dadgum Offline
1st String

One here, not a million dollar donor, but have stopped donating, renewing 12 season tix, hosting friends for the weekend, etc. I have become indifferent, this costs JMU and Harrisonburg more than $10K a year, easy.

Whats worse, is those people who were fringe fans, whom were getting into it and starting to donate have all stopped. I told them all straight up, keep your money, stop wasting it on JMU Athletics, still can't believe I'm typing something up like this but its the world we live in.

A world overshadowed by a donkey with a dead fish handshake, a suit from Kohl's and shoes from the Sketchers "Professional" collection.
05-01-2016 03:28 PM
Dukes2Space Offline
Special Teams

(05-01-2016 03:28 PM)Dadgum Wrote:  One here, not a million dollar donor, but have stopped donating, renewing 12 season tix, hosting friends for the weekend, etc. I have become indifferent, this costs JMU and Harrisonburg more than $10K a year, easy.

Whats worse, is those people who were fringe fans, whom were getting into it and starting to donate have all stopped. I told them all straight up, keep your money, stop wasting it on JMU Athletics, still can't believe I'm typing something up like this but its the world we live in.

A world overshadowed by a donkey with a dead fish handshake, a suit from Kohl's and shoes from the Sketchers "Professional" collection.

I can only laugh at this point. On what basis did we find this joker? Really, look at his background and credentials (or lack thereof) and it's amazing that this is what we got. How could an institution of our size and prestige wind up with this guy. And what's even worse is we're probably going to keep him. It's embarrassing.
05-01-2016 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.