Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Discussion Thread: Robert Bentley and the Tail of His Main Squeeze
Bookmark and Share
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Discussion Thread: Robert Bentley and the Tail of His Main Squeeze
"We're gonna have to close the door."

Anybody else find this whole thing to actually be hilarious?

I'm a conservative individual but I am honestly concerned that nothing will happen with this, and I am talking about general corruption, not the imaginary anti-UAB hysterics of sub-standard news papers.
04-29-2016 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Discussion Thread: Robert Bentley and the Tail of His Main Squeeze
(04-29-2016 02:54 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  "We're gonna have to close the door."

I'm a conservative individual but I am honestly concerned that nothing will happen with this, and I am talking about general corruption, not the imaginary anti-UAB hysterics of sub-standard news papers.

It's typical. I remember when I expressed some reservations about Bentley during his campaign that my concerns were seen as anti-Christian because the good Dr. was above reproach with the Lord according to these particular churchified folks.

P.T. Barnum's wisdom becomes more impressive the older you get. There's not just one born every minute, but minions of them.
04-29-2016 03:40 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-29-2016 03:40 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

It's typical. I remember when I expressed some reservations about Bentley during his campaign that my concerns were seen as anti-Christian because the good Dr. was above reproach with the Lord according to these particular churchified folks.

P.T. Barnum's wisdom becomes more impressive the older you get. There's not just one born every minute, but minions of them.

I voted for the other guy in the primary, the one who stole all the money building the bypass from Foley to Orange Beach. You know, the awesome one with his "we're only giving that test in English" speech.
04-29-2016 03:46 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(04-29-2016 03:46 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

I voted for the other guy in the primary, the one who stole all the money building the bypass from Foley to Orange Beach. You know, the awesome one with his "we're only giving that test in English" speech.

Yeah these days the problem is that we don't vote for the best guy, but the lesser of two evils. Which from a moral perspective means you're screwed either way!
04-29-2016 03:50 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-29-2016 03:50 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(04-29-2016 03:46 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

Yeah these days the problem is that we don't vote for the best guy, but the lesser of two evils. Which from a moral perspective means you're screwed either way!

I'd prefer the honest crook.

I think it was ole Big Jim Folsom who admitted to stealing but rightly pointed out he paved bearly every dirt road in the state.

It worked for him until he pissed his pants. You can steal but you can't piss yourself.
04-29-2016 05:30 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

Bentley, Hubbard...our leadership in this state is mostly corrupt.

I'm pretty conservative myself although I am moving more towards a libertarian perspective as I see both major parties occupied with a mixture of morons and power hungry thieves.
04-30-2016 05:30 AM
ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson

The whole thing is a dumpster fire. I'm interested to see who runs for governor in 2018. Attorney general Luther Strange is a given. I'm hearing that Huntsville mayor Tommy Battle is running for reelection rather than for governor. Congressman Bradley Byrne may try again. The real question is how much Bentley will drag down the GOP candidate.
04-30-2016 08:02 AM
Advertisement

ren.hoek Offline
1st String

(04-30-2016 08:02 AM)ren.hoek Wrote:  

The whole thing is a dumpster fire. I'm interested to see who runs for governor in 2018. Attorney general Luther Strange is a given. I'm hearing that Huntsville mayor Tommy Battle is running for reelection rather than for governor. Congressman Bradley Byrne may try again. The real question is how much Bentley will drag down the GOP candidate.

Almost forgot - I know a guy who works for Secretary of State John Merrill, who is widely recognized as an up and comer. The governor's mansion is definitely on his list of goals. At this point, I'd give the edge to Strange, but I wouldn't be surprised if Merrill won in 2018. Merrill's resume is darn impressive and he handled himself extremely well during the recent faux controversy about closing DMV offices.
04-30-2016 09:40 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

Hubbard makes me sick.

Luther Strange would make a great governor.
04-30-2016 10:46 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(04-30-2016 10:46 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Hubbard makes me sick.

He might very well make a great governor. However the title Governor Strange suggests further problems with infidelity does it not?
04-30-2016 11:14 AM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2016 11:14 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

He might very well make a great governor. However the title Governor Strange suggests further problems with infidelity does it not?

04-cheers

I have pretty much given up on names for politicians here in Alabama.

We have a total collection of shitheads and ******** with names that to me have become synonymous with being a crook.

I cant trust a human being names Parker or Del.
04-30-2016 11:16 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(04-30-2016 11:16 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

04-cheers

We have a total collection of shitheads and ******** with names that to me have become synonymous with being a crook.

What about Twinkle? Do we have budding careers in Alabama politics for Tinkerbell, Bambi, Thumper, or Jiminy Cricket?
04-30-2016 11:27 AM
ren.hoek Offline
1st String

(04-30-2016 11:27 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 11:16 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

04-cheers

What about Twinkle? Do we have budding careers in Alabama politics for Tinkerbell, Bambi, Thumper, or Jiminy Cricket?

Twinkle runs for a different office every single election. I doubt she'll ever actually finish a term.
04-30-2016 11:41 AM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I knew Artur Davis was the right man for the job.
04-30-2016 12:31 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

(04-30-2016 09:40 AM)ren.hoek Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 08:02 AM)ren.hoek Wrote:  

Almost forgot - I know a guy who works for Secretary of State John Merrill, who is widely recognized as an up and comer. The governor's mansion is definitely on his list of goals. At this point, I'd give the edge to Strange, but I wouldn't be surprised if Merrill won in 2018. Merrill's resume is darn impressive and he handled himself extremely well during the recent faux controversy about closing DMV offices.

I'm not sure Merrill will run in 2018, but he will run eventually. He is also close with the Riley family. When he does run, there will be a ready made machine at his disposal.
05-01-2016 02:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.