Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlotte @Rice - Friday doubleheader game thread
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
Weather.com says winds will be blowing in from center field at ~20mph. Hope we're hitting hit line drives, not popups, today.

Go Owls!!
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 02:16 PM by Almadenmike.)
04-29-2016 02:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ExcitedOwl18 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: Charlotte @Rice - Friday doubleheader game thread
The crowd is so light at this one that my Wifi connection is perfect!
04-29-2016 02:57 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Lineup...

Chandler
Lewis
Myers
DiCaprio
Proctor
Gray
Teykl
Kopycinski
Staab

Certainly a better constructed lineup than Sunday's (which made absolutely no sense), but we're really hurting our offense against LHP (especially with Wunderlich out) with Hunter catching and Dunlap not in the lineup. I also don't like 3 left-handed bats consecutively in a lineup against southpaw pitching. Please prove me wrong.
04-29-2016 02:58 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Geez, give Jon more work pregame in the bullpen. Fourth consecutive gave he's being lit up in the first inning. Line shot out, followed by a triple. Ugh.
04-29-2016 03:06 PM
cr11owl Offline
All American

(04-29-2016 03:06 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Geez, give Jon more work pregame in the bullpen. Fourth consecutive gave he's being lit up in the first inning. Line shot out, followed by a triple. Ugh.

No damage. 0-0 to the bottom of the 1st.
04-29-2016 03:09 PM
temchugh Offline
1st String

Staub getting a lecture on his fielding in the dugout.
04-29-2016 03:09 PM
Advertisement

temchugh Offline
1st String

(04-29-2016 03:06 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Geez, give Jon more work pregame in the bullpen. Fourth consecutive gave he's being lit up in the first inning. Line shot out, followed by a triple. Ugh.

The one hit to left was very catchable. It was a triple because Staub dove for it and it rolled past him.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 03:14 PM by temchugh.)
04-29-2016 03:11 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
...but Jon escapes unscathed with a huge strikout looking, followed by a ground out. Whew! Now, any chance our offense can do anything before the 5th inning?

Chandler grounded out to 2B.
Lewis grounded out to 2B.
Myers ground out to SS.
Same old, same old-- first pitch swinging from the get-go...and an under 10 pitch inning for the opposition. We never learn.

Scoreless heading to the top of the second inning.
04-29-2016 03:14 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Jon again living dangerously as he hits the leadoff man in the 2nd. Last week against USM, the leadoff man reached base 5 of the 7 innings off Jon. Recipe for disaster.

...but Hunter promptly guns him out in an attempted steal.
04-29-2016 03:18 PM
ExcitedOwl18 Offline
Heisman

E5 for Myers on an errant throw.
04-29-2016 03:20 PM
rice-76-03-06 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice!

DonatorsDonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
Anyone else having trouble with the sound on owlvision?
04-29-2016 03:23 PM
Advertisement

elw4796 Offline
Heisman

Opposing pitcher might have the worst motion I've ever seen. Minimal lower body movement, all arm. Kid is destined for an arm injury.
04-29-2016 03:26 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Jon works around the error with two strikeoutsKKK. Can we get some quality ABs this inning?

DiCaprio flied out to RF. At least he went the other way. That's a start.
Proctor walks. One out.
Gray struck out.
Proctor caught stealling, Can we PLEASE stop running, especially against LHP? Repeating consistent failure is not going to produce success.

Scoreless heading to the top of the third inning.
04-29-2016 03:32 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Third inning, and Big Jon is settling in as usual-- quick 1-2-3 inning with two strikeoutsKKKKK and a pop to Hunter.

Teykl leadoff single. And the fans go crazy! Unfortunately, it's a waste for Hunter to bunt for Staab, especially against a LHP. Let him swing away.
Kopycinski successfully bunted Connor to 2B, but IMO, that's a wasted out, given who's now up.
Dunlap pinch hitting for Staab....love it, but who's going to play RF-- Jefferies?
Dunlap struck out looking. Ugh. Two outs. This offense is hopeless; absolutely hopeless.
Chandler singled down the LF line, but they inexplicably hold up Teykl at 3B. Runner on 2B, two outs, running on the crack of the bat, and you hold him up? Even Connor should have scored on that.
Lewis out.
What the heck are we doing out there? And now Dunlap is playing LF. Pray nothing is hit out that way.

Scoreless going to the top of the fourth inning.
04-29-2016 03:51 PM
elw4796 Offline
Heisman

(04-29-2016 03:51 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Third inning, and Big Jon is settling in as usual-- quick 1-2-3 inning with two strikeoutsKKKKK and a pop to Hunter.

Teykl leadoff single. And the fans go crazy! Unfortunately, it's a waste for Hunter to bunt for Staab, especially against a LHP. Let him swing away.
Kopycinski successfully bunted Connor to 2B, but IMO, that's a wasted out, given who's now up.
Dunlap pinch hitting for Staab....love it, but who's going to play RF-- Jefferies?
Dunlap struck out looking. Ugh. Two outs. This offense is hopeless; absolutely hopeless.
Chandler singled down the LF line, but they inexplicably hold up Teykl at 3B. Runner on 2B, two outs, running on the crack of the bat, and you hold him up? Even Connor should have scored on that.
Lewis out.
What the heck are we doing out there? And now Dunlap is playing LF. Pray nothing is hit out that way.

Don't see many 5-11 225 pound left fielders.
04-29-2016 03:51 PM
ExcitedOwl18 Offline
Heisman

(04-29-2016 03:51 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Third inning, and Big Jon is settling in as usual-- quick 1-2-3 inning with two strikeoutsKKKKK and a pop to Hunter.

Lewis out.

It was an infield single, not a single down the line.
04-29-2016 03:54 PM
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(04-29-2016 03:51 PM)elw4796 Wrote:  

Lewis out.

Actually, you do in the majors. That's historically (along with 1B) the spot you try to hide your sluggers who can't play defense (e.g., Greg Luzinski, Kyle Schwarber).
04-29-2016 03:56 PM
Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

7 Ks for Big Jon through T4.

Come on offense. Give him some run support!

Edit: Ask and ye shall receive? 1-0 good guys on lead off HR by Dane! And by support, I was thinking several runs, so give Jon some more support!
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 04:03 PM by Tomball Owl.)
04-29-2016 03:57 PM
ExcitedOwl18 Offline
Heisman

Myers with the bomb to left. 1-0 Owls.
04-29-2016 03:58 PM
elw4796 Offline
Heisman

(04-29-2016 03:56 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  
(04-29-2016 03:51 PM)elw4796 Wrote:  

Lewis out.

Actually, you do in the majors. That's historically (along with 1B) the spot you try to hide your sluggers who can't play defense (e.g., Greg Luzinski, Kyle Schwarber).

Never realized Schwarber was only 6-0, always figured he was 6-1 or 6-2. And yeah, I know you hide your bats in the corners, but the Schwarber experiment hasn't exactly worked out (even before the injury). And Luzinski (although way before my time) is listed at 6-2 220. Big difference between that and dunlap's physique.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 04:12 PM by elw4796.)
04-29-2016 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.