UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBR - Looks like Ole Miss got caught with hand in cookie jar
UAB Band Dad Online
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
NBR - Looks like Ole Miss got caught with hand in cookie jar
If you're watching the draft or even if you are not, you have probably heard that Tunsil, the OL from Ole Miss, had his twitter hacked. Video of him in a gas mask with a bong attached was released just before the draft started. Tunsil admitted that it was him but said that it was an old video. He dropped to the thirteenth pick.

Tunsill and his stepfather have a serious beef going on, and that's the speculation, that it is related.

Now this pops up on Tunsil's Instagram account:

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/725866728245186560

The Director of Football Operations at Ole Miss is named John Miller. This might explain those recruiting classes...
04-28-2016 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
RE: NBR - Looks like Ole Miss got caught with hand in cookie jar
What a great night for the draft!

Anybody that doesn't realize that Ole Miss has been paying players even more since Hugh arrived haven't been paying attention.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 10:29 PM by the_blazerman.)
04-28-2016 10:27 PM
UAB Band Dad Online
Occasionally Reasonable

When one of your players admits it in a press conference on draft night, well... Wofford is gonna catch hell.
04-28-2016 11:07 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
This just in:Southern Miss facing more NCAA sanctions after Tunsil revelations
04-29-2016 06:56 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Good for Tunsil for coming clean. I think it should be a new tradition that players admit to what benefits they got in college on draft night. It would make even me watch. Put the cameras in the AD's offices to watch their reaction instead of the players reactions.
04-29-2016 10:18 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Will Sandra Bullock play his stepmom in the movie version?
04-29-2016 10:20 AM
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
the guy from ol miss need to be unable to play for 2 years in the nfl .....that will fix the problem for ever
04-30-2016 12:30 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-30-2016 12:30 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  the guy from ol miss need to be unable to play for 2 years in the nfl .....that will fix the problem for ever

Yeah. Punish the player for taking money to pay his moms electric bill and then coming clean about. That will teach a good lesson about honesty.

Nothing will come of this.
04-30-2016 02:42 PM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(04-30-2016 12:30 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  the guy from ol miss need to be unable to play for 2 years in the nfl .....that will fix the problem for ever

Not at all. If you are going to punish anybody, punish the schools.
04-30-2016 04:44 PM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(04-30-2016 04:44 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

Not at all. If you are going to punish anybody, punish the schools.

you punish both because the players never get anything bad happen to them ,,,,they need to get sue by the school ban by the nfl , and paid back all his scholly money plus interest and all the repercussion of the penalty the school will get ,,tv bans , bowl ban ,,,until the players paid for their action nothing will ever change
04-30-2016 05:01 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

The players are not the ones doing anything wrong. If they are taking money, it is a pittance compared to what the schools make off of them.

He had a $300 light bill paid. Big deal.
04-30-2016 05:06 PM
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
if you want to play by the rule dont accept the scholarship
no one force them to sign the scholarship ,,,,,but it is never enough when is free
maybe we need to have free car because the car company make too much money on us
stealing 300 dollars at 7-11 is a crime like stealing 3millions at the bank

the whole system of penalized the university without involving the kid who commit the infraction doesnt make any sense (the argument about the university make too much with them doesnt hold water ) and it will never stop or decrease until the person who commit the infraction is penalized ...
04-30-2016 07:11 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(04-30-2016 07:11 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  if you want to play by the rule dont accept the scholarship
no one force them to sign the scholarship ,,,,,but it is never enough when is free
maybe we need to have free car because the car company make too much money on us

the whole system of penalized the university without involving the kid who commit the infraction doesnt make any sense (the argument about the university make too much with them doesnt hold water ) and it will never stop or decrease until the person who commit the infraction is penalized ...

The NCAA is essentially a private club and like any private club, it only has power over its members - the universities. Student athletes, past or present, are not members of that club so the NCAA cannot punish them or the boosters, for that matter. That is why it is the university that must bear the punishment for whatever its employed staff does that is against the rules. Hence, the "institutional control" charge. If a coach or a booster breaks an NCAA rule, all the NCAA can do is require the school that wants to employ them to "show cause" or the school faces punishment. The said coach is thereby indirectly punished by perhaps losing an employment opportunity.

If one breaks a rule of the B'ham Country Club, it can toss one out. But what if one is not a member? just what can they do then?
04-30-2016 08:05 PM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(04-30-2016 08:05 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 07:11 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  if you want to play by the rule dont accept the scholarship

The NCAA is essentially a private club and like any private club, it only has power over its members - the universities. Student athletes, past or present, are not members of that club so the NCAA cannot punish them or the boosters, for that matter. That is why it is the university that must bear the punishment for whatever its employed staff does that is against the rules. Hence, the "institutional control" charge. If a coach or a booster breaks an NCAA rule, all the NCAA can do is require the school that wants to employ them to "show cause" or the school faces punishment. The said coach is thereby indirectly punished by perhaps losing an employment opportunity.

If one breaks a rule of the B'ham Country Club, it can toss one out. But what if one is not a member? just what can they do then?

This is probably the most logical and coherent post you have ever written. Well done.
05-01-2016 08:38 AM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
great post i got it ....the nfl need to take od it because the ncaa cannot fix it and the cheating university wont change
ban the players and even all the players from this university for a period of times and it will be fix
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 02:41 PM by UABFRENCHY.)
05-01-2016 02:41 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(05-01-2016 02:41 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  great post i got it ....the nfl need to take od it because the ncaa cannot fix it and the cheating university wont change
ban the players and even all the players from this university for a period of times and it will be fix

That's crazy. If the NFL banned all players from schools that cheated, the NFL would be out business.

The NFL doesn't care if players take money in college.
05-01-2016 03:16 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

& they really don't care if the players slap around their ol' ladies and/or do drugs as long as no one catches them.
05-01-2016 03:35 PM
Lou-A-B Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(05-01-2016 03:16 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 02:41 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  great post i got it ....the nfl need to take od it because the ncaa cannot fix it and the cheating university wont change

That's crazy. If the NFL banned all players from schools that cheated, the NFL would be out business.

The NFL doesn't care if players take money in college.

The NFL is too powerful for that
05-01-2016 03:47 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(05-01-2016 03:35 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  & they really don't care if the players slap around their ol' ladies and/or do drugs as long as no one catches them.

And sometimes even when somebody does catch them.
05-01-2016 04:38 PM
UAB Band Dad Online
Occasionally Reasonable

The NFL only cares if a player makes the league look bad. It does not care if he breaks NCAA rules. The league is torn over smoking dope, because in theory it is illegal and looks bad, but in practice it is becoming legal, or a much lower priority offense. They care about it from a PR angle, so you have the Ravens coming off of the Ray Rice debacle taking Tunsill completely off their draft board... but many in the league would jump all over the kid, overjoyed to find him still available.

The NCAA gives lip service regarding players being paid, but in reality it goes on at a lot of schools with very little interference.
05-01-2016 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.