Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Ole Miss & Laremy Tunsil
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
After the weed video that surfaced of Tunsil just a couple minutes before the draft, another series of photos were revealed on his Instagram:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/statu...6434101248

The texts are to Ole Miss' director of football ops John Miller.

You have to think the NCAA will come down on Ole Miss for this, especially since these texts seem to have occurred at a similar time as Tunsil was receiving benefits which he received a 7 game suspension for.

I feel bad that the kid's mom was having trouble, but it's not a school's job to pay for anyone's parents. Also, if he can't afford rent then he should live in a dorm like everyone else.
04-28-2016 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
RE: OT: Ole Miss & Laremy Tunsil
RIP Southern Miss.
04-28-2016 09:36 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Meh, looks fake
04-28-2016 09:45 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
(04-28-2016 09:30 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  After the weed video that surfaced of Tunsil just a couple minutes before the draft, another series of photos were revealed on his Instagram:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/statu...6434101248

The texts are to Ole Miss' director of football ops John Miller.

You have to think the NCAA will come down on Ole Miss for this, especially since these texts seem to have occurred at a similar time as Tunsil was receiving benefits which he received a 7 game suspension for.

I feel bad that the kid's mom was having trouble, but it's not a school's job to pay for anyone's parents. Also, if he can't afford rent then he should live in a dorm like everyone else.

Ya it looks kinda fake.
04-28-2016 10:13 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 11:02 PM by invisiblehand.)
04-28-2016 11:01 PM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
(04-28-2016 11:01 PM)invisiblehand Wrote:  Link to Tunsil admitting he took money.

This is pure comedy. I think I'm more excited about this than Paxton being taken by the Superbowl champs.
04-28-2016 11:14 PM
Advertisement

vcoog Offline
All American

clearly whoever hacked his Twitter went looking around and found the messages linking him to ole miss money. Good on him for telling the truth. At this point all that is known is he smoked a few years ago, and Ole Miss gave him money for bills.

Ole miss can pay for their violations, but if that's all he did I wish him the best, and hopefully he learned a lesson on what he does and who he does it with. Don't see anything that's career ending for this guy and he certainly lost money today from it.

That being said someone out there wants to ruin his life, not cool.

Lol at Ole Mi$$
04-28-2016 11:14 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(04-28-2016 11:14 PM)vcoog Wrote:  clearly whoever hacked his Twitter went looking around and found the messages linking him to ole miss money. Good on him for telling the truth. At this point all that is known is he smoked a few years ago, and Ole Miss gave him money for bills.

Ole miss can pay for their violations, but if that's all he did I wish him the best, and hopefully he learned a lesson on what he does and who he does it with. Don't see anything that's career ending for this guy and he certainly lost money today from it.

That being said someone out there wants to ruin his life, not cool.

Lol at Ole Mi$$

Ole miss is screwed lol.
04-28-2016 11:23 PM
PirateJP Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU; Charlotte
Well they can always throw women's basketball on the bus, a la UNC
04-28-2016 11:25 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
I'm not at all surprised, but it's funny to read Ole Miss message boards... basically, their fans are trashing the kid for not covering his tracks. Classless, cheating, worthless rednecks.
04-28-2016 11:26 PM
vcoog Offline
All American

(04-28-2016 11:26 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  I'm not at all surprised, but it's funny to read Ole Miss message boards... basically, their fans are trashing the kid for not covering his tracks. Classless, cheating, worthless rednecks.

Same here - it was smart of him to just be honest and say yes I took it. If he denies it and NCAA finds it later, it just makes him worse off. If they have an atmosphere where players ask for money and get it, then it's on them.
04-28-2016 11:30 PM
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(04-29-2016 01:09 AM)GreenWave16 Wrote:  I am surprised at the NFL, I really think his slide in the draft was very much because of the color of his skin and nothing else. I am embarrassed to be a sports fan.

Your a moron....
04-29-2016 02:03 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

O look greenwave 16 gave me negative rep guys.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 02:07 AM by Westhoff123.)
04-29-2016 02:06 AM
vcoog Offline
All American

(04-29-2016 01:09 AM)GreenWave16 Wrote:  I am surprised at the NFL, I really think his slide in the draft was very much because of the color of his skin and nothing else. I am embarrassed to be a sports fan.

Yes because the billionaire franchise owners really care about race.... He slid because people count character as a part of draft stock. Jonny football is a big example of why you do, regardless of skin color.

You're so liberal it hurts.
04-29-2016 03:02 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
Just curious regarding how common or rare of an occurrence everyone on here thinks helping moms is.
04-29-2016 04:51 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(04-29-2016 04:51 AM)oldtiger Wrote:  Just curious regarding how common or rare of an occurrence everyone on here thinks helping moms is.

Or it easily could be "code" for "Pay up MF, just liked you promised during my recruitment"....which is why Tunsil was suspended for a HALF A SEASON in 2015 for getting caught for a slew of illegal benefits.

College Athletes that have families in need have access to free grants to help their families out...which anyone in Ole Miss Athletic Dept (or any other Athletic Dept) all know about...yet it seemed like a "regular" payoff plan had be in placed...let alone the new COA payments that now average over $4,500 per athlete....

Some may not know that Ole Miss has been under NCAA investigation for the passed year or so...and no doubt the admission of new payoffs will probably add more months (or years) to NCAA inquiries.

Its doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why some of the top HS football players from all over the South were suddenly attracted to show up in tiny Oxford, MS a few years ago to play football.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016 05:54 AM by KnightLight.)
04-29-2016 05:43 AM
Advertisement

tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
Tunsil was a late flip to Mississippi from Georgia that raised a lot of eyebrows. its just pretty widely known how Freeze has been getting all that talent to Oxford
04-29-2016 07:18 AM
DownEastPirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
Man, and I thought Ole Miss had got from whipping boy to top 10 by hard work and perseverance.....07-coffee3
04-29-2016 07:39 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Its not like every singly big time athletics program in America isn't paying players in some form or fashion. This (if true) appears to just be a utility bill and rent.
04-29-2016 08:16 AM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
The real question here is, will "USM" receive the death penalty for this infraction. 05-stirthepot
04-29-2016 08:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.