Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU FB Schedule Changes...
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Was I asleep at the wheel but have we just had ANOTHER change to the FB schedule?

Greg Steiner ‏@GregSteinerEMU 58m58 minutes ago
Just 128 days until @EMUFB opens 2016 at #TheFactory. The MVSU game now Friday, Sept. 2 // http://bit.ly/1QB0QtG

http://www.emueagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

I like the changes, although there are some, some here, who may have issues with these schedule changes.

To ME, getting games early on (when the weather is nice) away from the Saturday clutter of noon to midnight games to say Friday night is a good thing.
04-27-2016 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: EMU FB Schedule Changes...
damn right I have an issue what is this 4 home games on weeknights or is it 5?

I wasted my money this year buying season tickets in done
04-27-2016 03:21 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
I buy season tickets every year even though I can only make a couple games a year. For me it's not a waste of money, the games I can make, I see as a donation to the program. Why would anyone sweat a few bucks, when it goes to EMU? Mind boggling.
04-27-2016 03:26 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2016 02:14 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Was I asleep at the wheel but have we just had ANOTHER change to the FB schedule?

Just 128 days until @EMUFB opens 2016 at #TheFactory. The MVSU game now Friday, Sept. 2 // http://bit.ly/1QB0QtG

I like the changes, although there are some, some here, who may have issues with these schedule changes.

To ME, getting games early on (when the weather is nice) away from the Saturday clutter of noon to midnight games to say Friday night is a good thing.

You don't even live in Michigan do you buy football season tickets?
04-27-2016 03:28 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2016 03:26 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  I buy season tickets every year even though I can only make a couple games a year. For me it's not a waste of money, the games I can make, I see as a donation to the program. Why would anyone sweat a few bucks, when it goes to EMU? Mind boggling.

bob I actually pay because I want to see my team as many times as I can along with my wife I actually cheer for emu not join msu fans in making fun of our players like you do speaking of mind boggling
04-27-2016 03:31 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Hell why you're at it why not change the other two home games to Friday too so no one who works full time and has to travel can show up for the game?
04-27-2016 03:35 PM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
...plus play home games on Friday nights and lose any HS players-parents, coaches, fans who might've come otherwise.

Bad PR if nothing else.
04-27-2016 04:56 PM
KPJ Offline
1st String

And high school football is on Friday night. So... The unfortunate reality is... We'll have to compete with that too.
04-27-2016 04:57 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(04-27-2016 04:57 PM)KPJ Wrote:  And high school football is on Friday night. So... The unfortunate reality is... We'll have to compete with that too.

I have a question about h.s. football game schedules in MI:

Our opening game is Labor Day weekend, Friday.

Do MHSAA FB games normally begin BEFORE Labor Day???

The latter Friday game, Sept 23 (?), definitely would conflict with h.s. games in MI.
04-27-2016 05:33 PM
HuronRob Offline
Special Teams

(04-27-2016 05:33 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(04-27-2016 04:57 PM)KPJ Wrote:  And high school football is on Friday night. So... The unfortunate reality is... We'll have to compete with that too.

I have a question about h.s. football game schedules in MI:

Our opening game is Labor Day weekend, Friday.

Do MHSAA FB games normally begin BEFORE Labor Day???

The latter Friday game, Sept 23 (?), definitely would conflict with h.s. games in MI.

Steve,

The first football game for Chelsea High School, our hometown team, is August 26th. So, yes, MHSAA FB games normally do start before Labor Day.

Rob
04-27-2016 07:39 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2016 04:56 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  ...plus play home games on Friday nights and lose any HS players-parents, coaches, fans who might've come otherwise.

Bad PR if nothing else.

Excellent points and we're not getting any TV revenue from moving the Morgan State game to Friday Night. Read my post in the Season Ticket thread. We already has two home weeknight games in November which does ZERO for attendance but great for TV audiences who didn't buy season tickets. Then our AD moves two more to Friday night.
04-28-2016 06:24 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

(04-28-2016 06:24 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(04-27-2016 04:56 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  ...plus play home games on Friday nights and lose any HS players-parents, coaches, fans who might've come otherwise.

Bad PR if nothing else.

Excellent points and we're not getting any TV revenue from moving the Morgan State game to Friday Night. Read my post in the Season Ticket thread. We already has two home weeknight games in November which does ZERO for attendance but great for TV audiences who didn't buy season tickets. Then our AD moves two more to Friday night.

The game Sept 23 might have had some MAC input - get games onto a MAC "TV partner". I have no idea if UofM or MSU has a biggie on Sept 24. (EDIT: On Sept 24 UofM hosts Penn State).

I'm not sure the reason for moving the opening game.

BTW, doesn't Heather have a "Lyke line" where she can be asked Qs?

Also she has a Twitter account.

Just ask?????????????????

Sometimes it is a good thing to ask someone who knows or was involved in approving the decision. 03-idea

No one on this forum seems to know the reason(s).

BTW, MSU is also playing on that opening Friday night. About a dozen D-I games on that Friday night.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

UofM hosts Penn State on Saturday, Sept 24.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016 07:20 AM by emu steve.)
04-28-2016 06:59 AM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

(04-27-2016 02:14 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Was I asleep at the wheel but have we just had ANOTHER change to the FB schedule?

This is a good move. High School football games this week will be done on Thursday, and we will have a night game with few others playing - probably no TV broadcast (ESPN3?), but the chances for a good crowd are perhaps better.

Also - Michigan is at home on Saturday afternoon (but MSU is playing Friday night also........)
04-28-2016 07:29 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(04-28-2016 07:29 AM)Huron Boy Wrote:  

This is a good move. High School football games this week will be done on Thursday, and we will have a night game with few others playing - probably no TV broadcast (ESPN3?), but the chances for a good crowd are perhaps better.

Also - Michigan is at home on Saturday afternoon (but MSU is playing Friday night also........)

Good thoughts.

If, indeed, the h.s. games are moved to Thursday, to keep them from the Labor Day weekend, then Friday is WIDE OPEN.

That would make sense to me...

And yes, every home game should be on ESPN3 or an ESPN channel or a partner (e.g., CBSSN).
04-28-2016 08:25 AM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

(04-28-2016 08:25 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(04-28-2016 07:29 AM)Huron Boy Wrote:  

Good thoughts.

If, indeed, the h.s. games are moved to Thursday, to keep them from the Labor Day weekend, then Friday is WIDE OPEN.

That would make sense to me...

And yes, every home game should be on ESPN3 or an ESPN channel or a partner (e.g., CBSSN).

As one of the many zebras working the sidelines each fall, I know that only a handful might schedule games on Friday or Saturday of Labor Day weekend - but that's quite rare and typically due to a schedule conflict or shared facilities issue.
04-28-2016 08:40 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-28-2016 06:59 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(04-28-2016 06:24 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

Bad PR if nothing else.

The game Sept 23 might have had some MAC input - get games onto a MAC "TV partner". I have no idea if UofM or MSU has a biggie on Sept 24. (EDIT: On Sept 24 UofM hosts Penn State).

I'm not sure the reason for moving the opening game.

BTW, doesn't Heather have a "Lyke line" where she can be asked Qs?

Also she has a Twitter account.

Just ask?????????????????

Sometimes it is a good thing to ask someone who knows or was involved in approving the decision. 03-idea

No one on this forum seems to know the reason(s).

BTW, MSU is also playing on that opening Friday night. About a dozen D-I games on that Friday night.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

UofM hosts Penn State on Saturday, Sept 24.

On discussing items with Lyke, my understanding is that perhaps she isn't as good of listener especially when a person has a strong opinion different than hers. Maybe you ask Murphy how good of a listener she is?
04-28-2016 08:46 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Most public HSs will play their games on Thursday, September 1.

But as HuronBoy posted, there will be some - especially CHSL - that will play Friday or Saturday because of shared fields.

Weekly schedules aren't up on mhsaa.com yet to see exactly who-how many.
04-28-2016 08:53 AM
TheCrumbIsHere Offline
2nd String

I Root For: E. Michigan
Again from a personal standpoint, it's disappointing that they are changing the opener from a Saturday to a Friday. I've been fortunate to be able to go to (I think) all of the home openers since around 2000. Because of this move, it'll mark the first year that I won't be able to be at the home opener. It's a shame but I'll just look forward to being able to make a three day weekend of the Wyoming game a few weeks later. For me, it's just a personal disappointment.

I think it's a really smart idea to include the football game as part of the opening weekend for registration. However, bottom line the team needs to show up and perform well to try to keep then enticed to come back. The non conference games (while not as meaningful generally as the MAC games) are critical to try to get some sort of level of excitement from the students to come back.

If EMU can look good in the TV games, then maybe you can start to entice some people to come to the actual stadium as well. I'll admit though for the non-student, alumni who works, mid-week games are tough.
04-28-2016 11:12 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(04-27-2016 03:26 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  I buy season tickets every year even though I can only make a couple games a year.

Complete BS.
04-28-2016 04:14 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I have not seen our high school's football schedule yet. We go to every home game so this could be an issue for us. Also, on Friday half of the state will be on northbound I-75.
04-28-2016 07:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.