UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBR: The NCAA and UNC.
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
NBR: The NCAA and UNC.
There is a new Notice of Allegations from the NCAA to UNC. Five more charges have been added involving WBB.

The previous accusation of impermissible benefits against Football and MBB involving the African American Studies program are nowhere to be seen.

It must be good to be the hen that lays the golden eggs.

What a corrupt POS the NCAA is.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 01:32 PM by UAB Band Dad.)
04-26-2016 01:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
RE: NBR: The NCAA and UNC.
I love the ad algorithm on this site. There's one for UNC's Kenan-Flagler Business School right after your post.
04-26-2016 02:04 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(04-26-2016 01:31 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  There is a new Notice of Allegations from the NCAA to UNC. Five more charges have been added involving WBB.

The previous accusation of impermissible benefits against Football and MBB involving the African American Studies program are nowhere to be seen.

It must be good to be the hen that lays the golden eggs.

What a corrupt POS the NCAA is.

I was listening to Gary Parrish yesterday and the way he explained this was that this was a legal move by UNC to extend the clock. They had a certain amount of time to respond to the intital Notice of Allegations. At the end of that period, they self reported some very minor charges regarding womens' basketball, but there was nothign reported regarding men's basketball. However, it did reset the clock because the NCAA had to send them an amended Notice of Allegations with the new self reported charges. Now North Carolina has a period of days to respond to the amended Notice.

What this did was allow UNC get through the past season (a season they were expected to compete for the National Championship) without a post season ban.

Very smart playing of a corrupt system in my opinion.
04-26-2016 02:11 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
Might have been a good enough reason in itself to not interview any more UNC assistant coaches.
04-26-2016 03:25 PM
Advertisement

WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavidridpat...7580686bc9

"I could not imagine this new notice was now the complete story and a replacement for the original NOA. Then I see a tweet late yesterday from Brad Wolverton of The Chronicle of Higher Education that confirmed it actually was a complete replacement for the original NOA-something I have not seen before at this stage in the process."
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 03:34 PM by WesternBlazer.)
04-26-2016 03:34 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Also,

UAB Women's Bball
‏@UAB_WBB UAB Women's Bball Retweeted NACWAA
[Taronda Randall] Fifth in UAB’s record book for blocked shots and helped the Blazers to the WBI Championship as a junior!UAB Women's Bball added,

NACWAA @NACWAA
Congrats to @NACWAA 2016 Rising Stars and Commitment Awards honorees!

https://www.nacwaa.org/join-nacwaa/news-...=hootsuite

TaRonda Randall had an accomplished basketball career at the University of Alabama-Birmingham where she served as a team captain and graduated magna *** laude earning her Bachelors in Political Science. TaRonda earned her Juris Doctorate at the University of Alabama School of Law in May of 2015. She has continued in her strive toward excellence as a postgraduate intern in the Office of Enforcement at the NCAA, providing case support and analysis during investigations.

“Accolades and accomplishments aside, what is most appealing about TaRonda is her charming disposition and sincerity,” said her nominator Janet Calandro, coordinator of enforcement at the NCAA. “She often reflects on her student-athlete experience and the positive and lasting impact college sports made on her life. As a result of her experiences, TaRonda strives to give back, always finding ways to impact everyone around her in a positive, meaningful way. No doubt, TaRonda is poised for a bright future in college athletics.'
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 03:41 PM by WesternBlazer.)
04-26-2016 03:41 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
(04-26-2016 03:25 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Might have been a good enough reason in itself to not interview any more UNC assistant coaches.

Yep part of the reason i wanted Jet or Lavin. Probably should stay away from the Roy Williams tree.
04-26-2016 03:42 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...e-sense-of

"Because somewhere in the past year, in what most assumed would merely be a reworking of the Notice of Allegations to include the new potential violations, the NCAA flat-out removed accusations against the school's two flagship sports.

Now barring something unforeseen, improbable or a frankly downright winnable appeal, the NCAA will be hard-pressed to impose any postseason bans for the Tar Heels men's hoops team.

Though the new NCAA penalty structure includes postseason bans for Level I charges -- which North Carolina will be charged with -- "It would be difficult to impose a postseason ban on a team that's not even named in the document," one person familiar with the NCAA process explained. To put it more plainly: If the rowing team is out minding its own business, sculling across the river, not accused in a formal document of any NCAA violations, you can't just slap them with penalties because you feel like it."
04-26-2016 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.