Open TigerLinks

Thread Closed 
This is Opies dumpster fire. Give the Tubbs time
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
MyBB This is Opies dumpster fire. Give the Tubbs time
Opie did this. This was his F bomb to us. He literally left this program with less than Cal did. He jumped ship right when every player Of value was off the board. Give Tubbs time. He will resurrect this program. And at about that same time Opie will be getting canned at GT and we'll be blowing F bombs his way.
04-25-2016 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: This is Opies dumpster fire. Give the Tubbs time
(04-25-2016 07:38 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  Opie did this. This was his F bomb to us. He literally left this program with less than Cal did. He jumped ship right when every player Of value was off the board. Give Tubbs time. He will resurrect this program. And at about that same time Opie will be getting canned at GT and we'll be blowing F bombs his way.

Didn't take long for all the excuses to start showing up. Have 6 top 60 players on the roster as of now. There is no dumpster fire. Adding a top JC recruit to those 6. May not have depth but we do have good players.
04-26-2016 08:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
(04-26-2016 08:01 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(04-25-2016 07:38 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  Opie did this. This was his F bomb to us. He literally left this program with less than Cal did. He jumped ship right when every player Of value was off the board. Give Tubbs time. He will resurrect this program. And at about that same time Opie will be getting canned at GT and we'll be blowing F bombs his way.

Didn't take long for all the excuses to start showing up. Have 6 top 60 players on the roster as of now. There is no dumpster fire. Adding a top JC recruit to those 6. May not have depth but we do have good players.

Welcome back, Josh.

Hadn't seen you post since you were forced out. Good to see your account is still activated....
04-26-2016 08:14 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(04-26-2016 08:14 AM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  
(04-26-2016 08:01 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

Welcome back, Josh.

Hadn't seen you post since you were forced out. Good to see your account is still activated....

you FINALLY make a post I can agree with. Congratulations.
04-26-2016 08:25 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
Tubbs has as much talent as Josh had to start with and no probation/violation cloud. He stands on his own now. I'm rooting for him, but it's not a great start so far
04-26-2016 08:26 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Sure, just a few good players were what Josh needed come into his first gig and roll through CUSA. I mean, we got "zero star" (Pastner's phrase) DJ Stephens, who couldn't dribble or shoot, just to get a live body.

We ain't in CUSA. Shorthanded won't cut it. We'll need talent as well as depth.

It can still happen before the season. And it probably will.
04-26-2016 08:37 AM
Advertisement

midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(04-26-2016 08:26 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  Tubbs has as much talent as Josh had to start with and no probation/violation cloud. He stands on his own now. I'm rooting for him, but it's not a great start so far

JP inherited a culture of winning, playing tough defense with kids who had been to elite 8's, NC game and got a major transfer from a championship, blue blood program.

JP left a dumpster fire for the next coach. A culture of individuals not team, horrible team defense and horrible team offense. A culture of 'no idea how to win'.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 08:43 AM by midtowncowboy.)
04-26-2016 08:40 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(04-26-2016 08:40 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  
(04-26-2016 08:26 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  Tubbs has as much talent as Josh had to start with and no probation/violation cloud. He stands on his own now. I'm rooting for him, but it's not a great start so far

JP inherited a culture of winning, playing tough defense with kids who had been to elite 8's, NC game and got a major transfer from a championship, blue blood program.

JP left a dumpster fire for the next coach. A culture of individuals not team, horrible team defense and horrible team offense. A culture of 'no idea how to win'.

^^this
04-26-2016 08:49 AM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
LOL - some folks better hope the more entrepreneurial of us don't go back and start searching old threads for what they used to say...
04-26-2016 08:54 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

Not really. Pastner inherited Mack, Kemp, Witherspoon, Sallie and Niles. Elliot Williams was the only thing that kept us from having a losing record that year.

How they compare

Pastner first year:
Returned:

31.6% of points
28.2% of rebounds
28.5% of assists
36.9% of steals
25.7% of blocks

Tubby's first year (If D. Lawson returns):
Returns:

41.1% of points
49% of rebounds
42.5% of assists
46% of steals
49.7% of rebounds
04-26-2016 08:56 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(04-26-2016 08:56 AM)mairving Wrote:  

Not really. Pastner inherited Mack, Kemp, Witherspoon, Sallie and Niles. Elliot Williams was the only thing that kept us from having a losing record that year.

How they compare

Pastner first year:
Returned:

31.6% of points
28.2% of rebounds
28.5% of assists
36.9% of steals
25.7% of blocks

Returns:

41.1% of points
49% of rebounds
42.5% of assists
46% of steals
49.7% of rebounds

Stats barely touch the surface. The culture is different now. That 2010 roster would destroy this roster with the same coaching. Plus Dedric skews all those stats. Take him away and see what happens. Plus add Taggert to the 2010 roster.
04-26-2016 09:08 AM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(04-26-2016 09:08 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

How they compare

Pastner first year:
Returned:

31.6% of points
28.2% of rebounds
28.5% of assists
36.9% of steals
25.7% of blocks

Returns:

41.1% of points
49% of rebounds
42.5% of assists
46% of steals
49.7% of rebounds

Stats barely touch the surface. The culture is different now. That 2010 roster would destroy this roster with the same coaching. Plus Dedric skews all those stats. Take him away and see what happens. Plus add Taggert to the 2010 roster.

Well I could take Lawson away and add Taggart but one is for sure not going to happen. The other probably won't. Culture is going to change.
04-26-2016 09:13 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(04-26-2016 08:54 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  LOL - some folks better hope the more entrepreneurial of us don't go back and start searching old threads for what they used to say...

Some are afraid to change their opinions when the evidence tells them to. Not me. It's called learning.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 09:48 AM by midtowncowboy.)
04-26-2016 09:30 AM
Timmy989 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis & ETSU
Dude hasn't coached one game yet and nobody will stop with these threads
04-26-2016 09:32 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

How they compare

Pastner first year:
Returned:

31.6% of points
28.2% of rebounds
28.5% of assists
36.9% of steals
25.7% of blocks

Returns:

41.1% of points
49% of rebounds
42.5% of assists
46% of steals
49.7% of rebounds

Fair enough, I'm not big into stats because they do not capture or reflect the culture/attitude of the program.

I'm hoping Tubby can change that. Only time will tell.
04-26-2016 09:46 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
True Midtown. Stats mean little when you have a coach like Tubby replacing wonder boy.

Actually running a recognizable offense, being able to execute an out-of-bounds play, sane substitution patterns . . . These things are hard to
capture statistically.
04-26-2016 10:12 AM
Advertisement

cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

All I can say is that unlike the past two seasons, I'm really looking forward to basketball this year.
04-26-2016 10:16 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
I'm just glad to be back from outer space and personal matters
04-26-2016 10:17 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-26-2016 10:12 AM)Tigx Wrote:  True Midtown. Stats mean little when you have a coach like Tubby replacing wonder boy.

Actually running a recognizable offense, being able to execute an out-of-bounds play, sane substitution patterns . . . These things are hard to
capture statistically.

Jeez, yes. And draw up a workable play for end-of-game and end-of-half situations!
04-26-2016 10:20 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
(04-26-2016 10:16 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  All I can say is that unlike the past two seasons, I'm really looking forward to basketball this year.

So true.

And I bet Markel Crawford thrives next year. Maybe averages 10 and 5 and plays great D. Gets that 3 point % back up to 30%.
04-26-2016 10:20 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.