Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PRINCE-Dead at Age 57
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
PRINCE-Dead at Age 57
Favorite entertainer of all time. Sad, sad day.
04-21-2016 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: PRINCE-Dead at Age 57
Only 57 years old.
04-21-2016 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Truly was a talented musician. His guitar work was better than he got credit for. The movie soundtrack to Purple Rain is one of the all time greats. RIP.
04-21-2016 03:00 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Saw Prince live in 1986...put on the Greatest Concert I ever seen...Rest in Peace
04-21-2016 04:25 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(04-21-2016 04:25 PM)Maize Wrote:  Saw Prince live in 1986...put on the Greatest Concert I ever seen...Rest in Peace

I agree. I saw him live in 2010 or 11 at the Izod center in Jersey. No other concert even comes close. I have been to many in my life. The guy was recently recovered from hip surgery and he was in heels and popping and locking on top of a grand piano. He never got enough credit for his dancing.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 04:38 PM by cuseroc.)
04-21-2016 04:36 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(04-21-2016 04:36 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(04-21-2016 04:25 PM)Maize Wrote:  Saw Prince live in 1986...put on the Greatest Concert I ever seen...Rest in Peace

I agree. I saw him live in 2010 or 11 at the Izod center in Jersey. No other concert even comes close. I have been to many in my life. The guy was recently recovered from hip surgery and he was in heels and popping and locking on top of a grand piano. He never got enough credit for his dancing.

I tried like heck to get to see his show here in Louisville last year...the tickets sold out in about 3 minutes...saw Michael Jackson and Beyoncé live...they didn't come close to Prince...Prince along with Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney and John Lennon the greatest song writers the past 100 years.
04-23-2016 10:16 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
SNL did a Prince tribute Saturday night showing all of His concert appearances on SNL since the 1980's. Whats amazing is how His music progressed to incredible quality,but like every generations before, record sales slipped the better the albums became. Still rate Purple Rain as one of the 10 greatest albums of all time. That is saying a lot ! He is Legend and will live on for generations .
04-25-2016 06:44 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

04-26-2016 04:41 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Prince had painkiller Percocet in his system : reports
Reuters May 5, 2016

(Reuters) - Music superstar Prince's autopsy found the painkiller Percocet in his system, the Minneapolis Star Tribune and KSTP-TV reported on Thursday, citing sources close to the investigation.

Prince also had a dangerously low red blood cell count, indicating he had been ill, Minneapolis ABC affiliate KSTP-TV said, citing two unnamed law enforcement officials.

A spokeswoman for the local medical examiner's office that conducted a post-mortem examination of Prince declined to confirm the reports.

The cause of Prince's death remained undetermined. The medical examiner's office said in late April the autopsy and toxicology results could take weeks.

The news reports came after federal authorities said on Wednesday they were joining the investigation into Prince's death.

The Drug Enforcement Administration and U.S. Attorney's office in Minnesota will bring federal resources to the local investigation and expertise on the illegal use and trafficking of prescription drugs, the U.S. Attorney's office said.

Also on Wednesday, a lawyer for a California addiction doctor said Prince's representatives had contacted the doctor the evening before his death, adding that the doctor had planned to visit Prince for a "life-saving mission."

The 57-year-old Prince was found dead on April 21 at his Paisley Park home-studio complex in a Minneapolis suburb. Prescription opioid medication was found at the scene, a law enforcement source told Reuters.

Dr. Howard Kornfeld, who runs Recovery Without Walls, a clinic in Mill Valley, California, planned to fly to Minnesota on April 22, his lawyer William Mauzy said. In the meantime, his son, Andrew Kornfeld, a clinic staff member, traveled to Minnesota on April 21 for an initial discussion.

When Andrew Kornfeld arrived at Paisley Park, Prince was not available, Mauzy said. A staff member found the artist unconscious in an elevator, and Kornfeld called 911.
05-05-2016 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.