OT: Prince dead at 57
Bookmark and Share
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
OT: Prince dead at 57
Does not Compute....

Prince dead

The Associated Press has confirmed that iconic musician Prince has died at his Paisley Park studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Yahoo News is following the latest developments and reaction in the live blog in the link.

Unbelievable.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 01:35 PM by GoodOwl.)
04-21-2016 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
RE: OT: Prince dead at 57
First Merle Haggard and now Prince. This year has sucked balls!!
04-21-2016 12:36 PM
Oduniceguy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big Blue Beast
I can't process this.
04-21-2016 12:38 PM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
Purple rain was the first movie i ever saw nudity in... it'll always have a special place in my heart

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
04-21-2016 12:42 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

abc news story just out on Prince's death this morning:

04-21-2016 01:06 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(04-21-2016 12:36 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  First Merle Haggard and now Prince. This year has sucked balls!!

Don't forget David Bowie.
04-21-2016 01:24 PM
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
:(
04-21-2016 01:27 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

Prince: I'm Alive, and Kinda Well
Sunday, 4/17/2016 7:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

[Image: 41716-prince-on-stage-instagram-6.jpg]

Quote:Prince showed everyone he was on the mend this past Saturday, showing up at $10 dance party.

TMZ broke the story, Prince's private plane made an emergency landing early last Friday after a concert in ATL and His Purpleness was rushed to the hospital. His people later told TMZ he was battling the flu.

We're told Prince wanted people to have living proof he's still living, so he showed up at around midnight at Paisley Park near his Minnesota home and showed off his new guitar and piano.

He didn't sing, but told the crowd, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers."

Guess we don't have to wait.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 01:29 PM by GoodOwl.)
04-21-2016 01:29 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

Maybe he knew...

Prince was Writing Memoirs ... He Seemed to Know Death Was Coming
Thurs, 4/21/2016 TMZ Staff

Quote:There's evidence Prince's death was not unexpected, because we've learned the superstar started writing his memoirs just a month ago.

Sources connected with Prince tell us, they were surprised he started the project ... something he had been mulling over for years but not acting upon. We're told he had finished around 50 pages at the time of his death.

What's more ... last Saturday night, after Prince was admitted to a hospital for what his reps called the flu, he addressed a crowd at Paisley Park near his home and said, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers."

Whatever was ailing Prince, it was serious enough to sideline him several weeks ago from doing 2 shows, and it clearly lingered because he had to make an emergency landing last Friday, just 48 minutes from his home.

Our sources say Prince was upset the news got out that he had been hospitalized, and feared people would think he was already dead.
04-21-2016 01:45 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

(04-21-2016 01:24 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(04-21-2016 12:36 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  First Merle Haggard and now Prince. This year has sucked balls!!

I sure forgot about Bowie. What a crap year for the best we had left.
04-21-2016 01:46 PM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

There is some mystery surrounding his death.
04-21-2016 01:48 PM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
04-21-2016 02:04 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

Prince sang 'Purple Rain' as his final song at his last performance
by Jodi Guglielmi / PEOPLE, Lindsay Kimble / PEOPLE
Posted April 21 2016 — 3:06 PM EDT

[Image: 12998694_10205987140894482_7932070845129....jpg?w=640]
Prince sings in his final concert at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, GA

They witnessed history – and didn’t even know it.

Prince, who died at 57 on Thursday, performed his final show at Atlanta’s Fox Theatre just one week ago.

The star took to the stage last Thursday after postponing two of his Piano & a Microphone tour shows in Atlanta the week before due to the flu. He sang in front of a crowded audience that included singers Judith Hill and Janelle Monáe. The experience was incredible, according to audience member Celeste Headlee, and, now, even more poignant.

“He started the concert with an apology. He said he was sorry for canceling the week before. But he gave an incredible performance with at least four encores,” Headlee tells PEOPLE. “There was a tiny bit of gravel in his voice from time to time, but that was the only indication that he’d felt ill the week before.”

Wow just heard #Prince has died. May have seen last concert in Atlanta. @Midday180 #Legend http://pic.twitter.com/0EYma8oBrY

— David Swett Jr (@dswettjr) April 21, 2016

Headlee continues of the show, “He left everything on the stage, like he always did. After one song, he got up and left the stage because he was overcome by emotion. Honestly, it’s too much for me to take in at this point.”

Another fan, Shawna Michaels, reveals to PEOPLE that Prince joked around and teased the crowd, but “never appeared sick.”

“How fitting that “Purple Rain” was the last song he ever performed,” Michaels notes.

Just one day after the show, Prince’s private plane made an emergency landing to rush the singer to the hospital, his rep confirmed to PEOPLE at the time. He was treated in Illinois, before being sent home to rest. On Saturday, the star hosted a dance party at Paisley Park, showing up two hours into the soiree, according to the StarTribune.

“Wait a few days before you waste any prayers,” he reportedly told attendees, according to the newspaper. He was found dead at Paisley Park on Thursday.

“He performed at the height of his powers, but he always did that,” Headlee says of Prince’s Atlanta show. “That’s one of the things that made him great. Very few artists could sit at the piano and totally kill a concert using just that instrument and the power of his voice. He was that kind of master. He had the entire audience in the palm of his hand.”

Who knew this would be @prince last performance. He was amazing. He played beautifully. #prince http://pic.twitter.com/jrvCU1y8yG

— Shawna Michaels (@ShawnaMichaels) April 21, 2016

Adds David Swett, who was also in attendance, “He cancelled the week before so we almost didn’t go. We decided to go and it was a amazing concert. He showed no signs to me. We truly lost one of the founding fathers of music.”
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 02:34 PM by GoodOwl.)
04-21-2016 02:27 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(04-21-2016 01:46 PM)pilot172000 Wrote:  
(04-21-2016 01:24 PM)Niner National Wrote:  

I sure forgot about Bowie. What a crap year for the best we had left.

You also forgot Maurice White the founder of Earth, Wind and Fire. You also forgot Glen Frye from the Eagles.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 02:38 PM by PirateMarv.)
04-21-2016 02:34 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
... and Keith Emerson, rock's keyboard king.
04-21-2016 02:43 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

Apparently, Prince let De-Elevator bring him down. Oh, no.
Let's go Crazy:

Sheriff: Prince found unresponsive in Elevator, CPR failed
Associated Press Thurs, April 21, 2016

[Image: prince-baltimore.jpg]

CHANHASSEN, Minn. (AP) — Pop superstar Prince was unresponsive in an elevator when he was found by sheriff's deputies who had been called to his suburban Minneapolis compound, a Minnesota sheriff said Thursday.

Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson said deputies responded to a medical call about 9:43 a.m. Medical personnel tried CPR, but couldn't revive the 57-year-old Prince, who was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m.

The sheriff's brief statement said the death was under investigation and provided no other details.

News of Prince's death sparked an outpouring of grief and mourning from around the world.

It came just a few days after he was reported to have been hospitalized Friday in Illinois on his way back from a concert in Atlanta.
04-21-2016 03:27 PM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

Prince was difficult when it came to allowing his videos to be posted online.

Apparently, when someone posted a video of his performance of the song "Creep" from the 2008 Coachella Festival, prince had the video blocked.

Only problem was, it wasn't his song:

Artist: Prince
Album: Pablo Honey
Track: "Creep"
Songwriters: Thom Yorke and Radiohead
2008 Coachella Festival video performance

STATEMENT FROM RADIOHEAD:
"Well, tell him (Prince) to unblock it. It's our ... song." -Thom Yorke (Associated Press, 2008)

STATEMENT FROM YOUTUBE:
We have processed [NPG Music Publishing's] retraction for the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFXZNt... Best, The YouTube Team" (email correspondence 2/10/16, 8:23 a.m.)

STATEMENT FROM NPG MUSIC PUBLISHING ON BEHALF OF PRINCE FOLLOWING TAKEDOWN NOTICE ISSUED 12/14/15:
"Hi, As you can see below the video has been restored and is now playing again thus removing the strike. I am sorry it took so long to resolve this matter but happy it worked in your favor. Please except our apologies for the delay. Sincerely, NPG Music Publishing" (email correspondence, 2/10/16 at 8:23 a.m.)

Copyright reserved to RADIOHEAD, the original authors of this song, who have granted me permission to upload this video through the above remarks. Needless to say, no copyright infringement intended.

the guitar solos begin about 4:50 and about 6:50 in the video.
04-21-2016 03:47 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

Artist: Prince
Album: Diamonds and Pearls
Jam: "Cream"
October 1, 1991 Paisley Park Records/Warner Bros. Records

Prince with a full-production number at his best:

04-21-2016 04:02 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

Prince Performs “Purple Rain” During Downpour | Super Bowl XLI Halftime Show | NFL

A tribute to a legend that has passed too soon, take a look back at Prince's iconic Super Bowl XLI Halftime Show through a rain and wind storm.

Setlist included: "We Will Rock You", "Let's Go Crazy", "Baby I'm a Star", "Proud Mary", "All Along the Watchtower", "Best of You", and "Purple Rain"

04-21-2016 04:37 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
There will never be one like him...ever....

My first tape I ever got when I got my first ever real stereo was the Purple Rain soundtrack.... I played the hell out of that tape...
04-21-2016 04:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.