Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Long time Tulsa fans opinion of Tubby
Bookmark and Share
Tulsafanzz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
Long time Tulsa fans opinion of Tubby
Don't want to intrude on your board, but I wanted to give you my opinion of your new basketball coach. Tubby is still my all time favorite Tulsa coach. We've had some good ones, including Bill Self & Nolan Richardson.

Tubby is a great coach & a great person. I will be very surprised if Tubby is not one of your favorite coaches in a few years from now. I strongly believe he will be very successful here. I really wish Tulsa would've found a way to get Tubby back.

For that reason, it is bittersweet to have him in our conference. It will be tough watching my favorite coach go against my favorite team!

However, I 've always respected Memphis basketball & Tubby will be coaching a good program, that is in the upper half of their conference, for the first time since Kentucky. Minnesota & Texas Tech are both bottom level programs in their conferences. His turn around of Texas Tech was a bigger accomplishment than many people realize. Tubby knows Memphis has Final Four potential as a program. That's why he came.

Congrats again, you have some good seasons ahead.
04-14-2016 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
RE: Long time Tulsa fans opinion of Tubby
(04-14-2016 08:57 PM)Tulsafanzz Wrote:  Don't want to intrude on your board, but I wanted to give you my opinion of your new basketball coach. Tubby is still my all time favorite Tulsa coach. We've had some good ones, including Bill Self & Nolan Richardson.

Tubby is a great coach & a great person. I will be very surprised if Tubby is not one of your favorite coaches in a few years from now. I strongly believe he will be very successful here. I really wish Tulsa would've found a way to get Tubby back.

For that reason, it is bittersweet to have him in our conference. It will be tough watching my favorite coach go against my favorite team!

However, I 've always respected Memphis basketball & Tubby will be coaching a good program, that is in the upper half of their conference, for the first time since Kentucky. Minnesota & Texas Tech are both bottom level programs in their conferences. His turn around of Texas Tech was a bigger accomplishment than many people realize. Tubby knows Memphis has Final Four potential as a program. That's why he came.

Thanks Tulsa, good to hear. Tulsa is a great city, I much prefer it to Ok City.
04-14-2016 08:59 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Kind of ya, neighbor! See ya on the court.
04-14-2016 09:02 PM
Advertisement

ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(04-14-2016 08:57 PM)Tulsafanzz Wrote:  Don't want to intrude on your board, but I wanted to give you my opinion of your new basketball coach. Tubby is still my all time favorite Tulsa coach. We've had some good ones, including Bill Self & Nolan Richardson.

Thanks friend.

I too am a long time Tubby fan, and I'm on cloud 9 today. Tubby so deserves this and this is a GREAT fit for him at this stage of his career imo..

Its really exciting. Good times are ahead.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2016 09:12 PM by ericsrevenge76.)
04-14-2016 09:09 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Not an intrusion at all and thanks for the words of encouragement. I was excited the minute I had his name mentioned.
04-14-2016 10:32 PM
Advertisement

Hoots Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Appreciate the perspective, Tulsafanzz!!
04-15-2016 07:51 AM
TigerTitan Offline
Ginourmous Fan

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

DonatorsDonators
It is very nice to hear from our conference brethren offering praise for athletic program. I've been a Coach Frank Haith believer after watching him turn UAB around so quickly. You have a great one there, yourselves.

I have to say I am quite please and impressed with the prestige and stature of our conference basketball coaches list to date. A veritable who's who of former players and coaches, each with some semblance of success in their past (some more than others!). I mean, just look at this!!
[Image: Screen%20shot%202016-04-15%20at%208.47.0...payofk.png]
04-15-2016 09:10 AM
Advertisement

gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(04-15-2016 09:10 AM)TigerTitan Wrote:  It is very nice to hear from our conference brethren offering praise for athletic program. I've been a Coach Frank Haith believer after watching him turn UAB around so quickly. You have a great one there, yourselves.

I have to say I am quite please and impressed with the prestige and stature of our conference basketball coaches list to date. A veritable who's who of former players and coaches, each with some semblance of success in their past (some more than others!). I mean, just look at this!!
[Image: Screen%20shot%202016-04-15%20at%208.47.0...payofk.png]

I mean think about that list of coaches, we have three coaches with NCAA Championships and one of them has an NBA Title to go with it. How many other conferences can boast that?
04-15-2016 09:24 AM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Very classy to come by and say and hopefully we can take care of that bitter-sweetness for you shortly :)
04-15-2016 09:25 AM
Advertisement

eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches

Thanks for visiting and the kind words. I am excited about the hire. I have a lot of customers in Tulsa and love to visit. The Aloft, Mayo, and Ambassador are my go to places.
04-15-2016 09:50 AM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
04-cheers Thanks
04-15-2016 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.