Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Exclamation NCAA votes to ban "Satelite Camps" thus screwing over thousands
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...mmediately

Typical.

I don't get it why any school would vote no. Especially one of us.

On a side note notice the so called "power" 03-lmfao conferences vote counts as 2 votes while the rest of us only counts as 1 vote. Roy Kramer & Co. continue to laugh at all of us.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 07:40 AM by MU ATO.)
04-12-2016 07:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators
RE: NCAA votes to ban "Satelite Camps" thus screwing over thousands
04-12-2016 07:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
awwwwww....did the bammers feelin's booty get a 12" sphincter application and slap it back...

screw the p5 biatches....they can lick and suck all this bs that is happening.....
04-12-2016 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators
(04-12-2016 08:03 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  awwwwww....did the bammers feelin's booty get a 12" sphincter application and slap it back...

screw the p5 biatches....they can lick and suck all this bs that is happening.....

I do t get what the MTN West & especially the Sun Belt are thinking. It's not like ther coaches and teams didn't benefit from camps set up in their areas.
04-12-2016 08:11 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(04-12-2016 08:03 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  awwwwww....did the bammers feelin's booty get a 12" sphincter application and slap it back...

Well the Pac12, Big12 and ACC also were for it. So did the MW but that didn't matter because the P5 conferences get 2 votes and would have passed regardless if all G5 schools against that ban.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 08:13 AM by MWC Tex.)
04-12-2016 08:13 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-12-2016 08:11 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  

I do t get what the MTN West & especially the Sun Belt are thinking. It's not like ther coaches and teams didn't benefit from camps set up in their areas.

am only pointing out how the p5 crew is further screwing with something that continues to ruin and separate what I once held dear to zee heart....

the power struggle is disheartening in my book....I hope they all dick themselves like nascar has....
04-12-2016 08:29 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
As a fan of a school in a talent rich area, I'm glad. Keeps UNC, App, and others out of our backyard.

Sucks for our rural conference mates though.
04-12-2016 08:38 AM
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
Heard this on the radio on the way into work.
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-mis...gh-freeze/

“Hugh Freeze’s comment is enough to make you want to smash your head into a wall,” host Mike Greenberg said on Tuesday morning. “One of the reasons he’s happen that satellite camps are banned is as quote: ‘I’m selfish with my time. I’m away from my family enough that I just did not want to go. We would’ve jumped in with the rest of them and gone to work, but I’m glad we can have a camp and sleep at home.'”
04-12-2016 08:41 AM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
(04-12-2016 08:38 AM)Niner National Wrote:  As a fan of a school in a talent rich area, I'm glad. Keeps UNC, App, and others out of our backyard.

I still don't understand if this covers UNC Cheat holding practice @ Mallard Creek HS? (state power program that churns out multiple D1 prospects every year - it's veritable assembly line of talent; located just a couple miles from Charlotte's campus)

It would seem like it would be banned under the new edict, but I think they call it an "exhibition" or some such nonsense. This is UNC Cheat we are talking about. If there's a way around a rule, they'll find it (or they'll just feign ignorance).

Also, I really hope it is banned. Their former HC (Butch Davis) found out we had approved our football program at this event several years ago. A local TV reporter gave him the news and asked what he thought about it. He gave the PR appropriate response on air, and then immediately launched into an expletive laden tirade when the camera turned off. They have been holding an annual practice at MCHS in a desperate attempt to mark their territory like a dog (their last QB, Marquise Williams, attended MCHS). 49ers haven't taken full ownership of MCHS yet, but we do have several of their three star players on our roster.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 09:34 AM by Artifice.)
04-12-2016 08:58 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

(04-12-2016 08:58 AM)Artifice Wrote:  Also, I really hope it is banned. Their former HC (Butch Davis) found out we had approved our football program at this event several years ago. A local TV reporter gave him the news and asked what he thought about it. He gave the PR appropriate response on air, and then immediately launched into an expletive laden tirade when the camera turned off. They have been holding an annual practice at MCHS in a desperate attempt to mark their territory like a dog (their last QB, Marquise Williams, attended MCHS). 49ers haven't taken full ownership of MCHS yet, but we do have several of their three star players on our roster.

If the NCAA actually gives Cheater Hill the punishment they deserve, there is no reason we shouldn't get the best players out of MCHS (aside from a blue chip program offering).
04-12-2016 09:12 AM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
(04-12-2016 09:12 AM)wh49er Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 08:58 AM)Artifice Wrote:  Also, I really hope it is banned. Their former HC (Butch Davis) found out we had approved our football program at this event several years ago. A local TV reporter gave him the news and asked what he thought about it. He gave the PR appropriate response on air, and then immediately launched into an expletive laden tirade when the camera turned off. They have been holding an annual practice at MCHS in a desperate attempt to mark their territory like a dog (their last QB, Marquise Williams, attended MCHS). 49ers haven't taken full ownership of MCHS yet, but we do have several of their three star players on our roster.

If the NCAA actually gives Cheater Hill the punishment they deserve, there is no reason we shouldn't get the best players out of MCHS (aside from a blue chip program offering).

It would be awfully nice if we were able to build that relationship into full pipeline status. Check out their 2017 class:

[Image: UKQjLLH.png]

Two 4 stars and three 3 stars. Putting a fence around that program would be a huge recruiting coup.
04-12-2016 09:39 AM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
When is another group if lawyers going to take offense and organize a law suit?
04-12-2016 09:44 AM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-12-2016 08:58 AM)Artifice Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 08:38 AM)Niner National Wrote:  As a fan of a school in a talent rich area, I'm glad. Keeps UNC, App, and others out of our backyard.

I still don't understand if this covers UNC Cheat holding practice @ Mallard Creek HS? (state power program that churns out multiple D1 prospects every year - it's veritable assembly line of talent; located just a couple miles from Charlotte's campus)

It would seem like it would be banned under the new edict, but I think they call it an "exhibition" or some such nonsense. This is UNC Cheat we are talking about. If there's a way around a rule, they'll find it (or they'll just feign ignorance).

Also, I really hope it is banned. Their former HC (Butch Davis) found out we had approved our football program at this event several years ago. A local TV reporter gave him the news and asked what he thought about it. He gave the PR appropriate response on air, and then immediately launched into an expletive laden tirade when the camera turned off. They have been holding an annual practice at MCHS in a desperate attempt to mark their territory like a dog (their last QB, Marquise Williams, attended MCHS). 49ers haven't taken full ownership of MCHS yet, but we do have several of their three star players on our roster.

UNC's coach (Fedora) came from USM and he did the same thing here. In the spring we would have 2 scrimmages at high schools with one being on the coast (an hour or so south of campus) and another one in the Jackson area (about 90 minutes northwest of campus) each year. He sold it as a way to drum up support for the fans who lived in those areas. From what I recall there was probably 750-1000k fans attending each one
04-12-2016 10:54 AM
TOPSTRAIGHT Online
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
CHARLOTTE posters I have to disagree with you on this one.You are being short-sighted.
These camps give greater opportunity for all the G5 to see more players,BE seen,and give a chance to those players for a second look.

C-USA,Big Ten,AAC,MAC all voted for the camps=a lot of support.

The allowance for in-state camps will be considered at an April 25th vote.If you would like to be open- minded take a look at the many reasons in support of camps given in the other threads on this subject.
04-12-2016 10:54 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

(04-12-2016 10:54 AM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  CHARLOTTE posters I have to disagree with you on this one.You are being short-sighted.
These camps give greater opportunity for all the G5 to see more players,BE seen,and give a chance to those players for a second look.

I completely understand where you are coming from but I can't see the positives when a school sets up a camp/scrimmage less than 10 minutes from your campus. One of Lambert's goals was to keep as much talent local as possible to help build program support from the city and local high schools. Having UNC shut down activities at Mallard Creek is one more step in that direction.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 11:25 AM by wh49er.)
04-12-2016 11:19 AM
bit_9 Offline

(04-12-2016 09:39 AM)Artifice Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 09:12 AM)wh49er Wrote:  

It would be awfully nice if we were able to build that relationship into full pipeline status. Check out their 2017 class:

[Image: UKQjLLH.png]

Two 4 stars and three 3 stars. Putting a fence around that program would be a huge recruiting coup.

wow... is it like that every year? That's crazy.
04-12-2016 11:23 AM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26235...ne/page/12

yup. you should build a wall. and make UNC pay for it.
04-12-2016 11:25 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

(04-12-2016 11:25 AM)Cr8n Wrote:  yup. you should build a wall. and make UNC pay for it.

"Make Charlotte great again"
04-12-2016 11:31 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

There's some belief on our board that the Texas State rep who handles our vote went rogue and did it on their own. They are the only team in the SBC who doesn't need the camps.

Doesn't matter though because the 4 P5 votes were enough.
04-12-2016 12:24 PM
Blazer Engineer Online
Skull Splitter

I Root For: UAB
(04-12-2016 12:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

There's some belief on our board that the Texas State rep who handles our vote went rogue and did it on their own. They are the only team in the SBC who doesn't need the camps.

Doesn't matter though because the 4 P5 votes were enough.
a lot of the PAC 10 is pissed off about it. It seems the majority are in favor of camps & the USC (?) rep voted for the ban
04-12-2016 12:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.