Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should they get a raise?
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Should they get a raise?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/burger-king-e...54477.html

Burger King employees were tricked into breaking all their store's windows. Again

One prank call went far beyond accusing the refrigerator of running.

Burger King employees in Coon Rapids, Minnesota, received a phone call Friday night instructing them to break all of the windows in the store, according to local news station KSTP.

Somehow, the caller convinced them.

SEE ALSO: Burger King's red bun wants to sizzle your face off
"According to police, employees received a phone call from someone claiming to be from the Coon Rapids Fire Department," KSTP reported. "The caller said the restaurant was pressurized and could explode, so the employees needed to break the windows to relieve the pressure."

What's more, an understandably curious person recorded the employees carrying out the "fire department's" wishes.

This is not the the first hoax of its kind. In January, someone pulled an extremely similar prank on the employees of a Burger King in Morro Bay, California.
04-11-2016 06:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dragonlair2.0 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
Should they get a raise?
Oh lawd critical thinking they(employees) have none
04-11-2016 07:17 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
RE: Should they get a raise?
You pay them to make burgers not to think critically.
04-11-2016 07:23 AM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Because, you know, opening doors wouldn't "depressurize" the place. Yes, I know they were stupid for believing it in the first place.
04-11-2016 08:36 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
This what happens when you don't challenge and invest in your people. Idiocracy, not just a movie.
04-11-2016 08:45 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I heard about this on the radio and almost crashed. This is hilarious.
04-11-2016 08:59 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(04-11-2016 07:17 AM)Dragonlair2.0 Wrote:  Oh lawd critical thinking they(employees) have none

I'm not going to be too hard on them... "The fire department" called and said there was a gas leak. They got the people out and broke some windows at the request of "the fire department"

I mean on it's face it's a prank but if I were a kid in that store, or back when I worked in fast food, I'm not sure exactly how I would have handled it.

If you believed it was possible I suppose the best thing to do would be Kinda dumb not to at least verify by calling 911 right away to ask "did the fire department just call" but they got people out and tried to "stop the building from exploding"

If I was the owner I'd not punish or fire anyone for this.
04-11-2016 09:52 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-11-2016 09:52 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 07:17 AM)Dragonlair2.0 Wrote:  Oh lawd critical thinking they(employees) have none

I'm not going to be too hard on them... "The fire department" called and said there was a gas leak. They got the people out and broke some windows at the request of "the fire department"

I mean on it's face it's a prank but if I were a kid in that store, or back when I worked in fast food, I'm not sure exactly how I would have handled it.

If you believed it was possible I suppose the best thing to do would be Kinda dumb not to at least verify by calling 911 right away to ask "did the fire department just call" but they got people out and tried to "stop the building from exploding"

I'd fire the person who hired them.
04-11-2016 09:55 AM
Dragonlair2.0 Offline
2nd String

I guess but why would the fire department call and say their building is over pressured. how would they know?

I dont think any punishment should come from this but common sense is non to common
04-11-2016 10:31 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(04-11-2016 10:31 AM)Dragonlair2.0 Wrote:  

I guess but why would the fire department call and say their building is over pressured. how would they know?

I dont think any punishment should come from this but common sense is non to common

I put on my 17 year old hat and do the risk / benefit analysis..

If it's a hoax you've broken some expensive windows. If it's not the consequences are far worse. And show the number of teens with natural common sense is very tiny.
04-11-2016 10:36 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(04-11-2016 08:59 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I heard about this on the radio and almost crashed. This is hilarious.

I can't believe anyone would fall for that and then breaking all of the windows. 03-lmfao Some really dumb people out there.
04-11-2016 11:37 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(04-11-2016 07:23 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  You pay them to make burgers not to think critically.

BS. There are plenty of instances where these people are required to use common sense in their duties. Id fire the hell out of every damn one of them if this was my store.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 12:08 PM by Fo Shizzle.)
04-11-2016 12:07 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
$15 a hour thinking.
04-11-2016 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.