RE: Deal is done
:gggggggggoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll
04-08-2016 06:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers
I am glad that this happened . As hard as he works he might kill it there.
04-08-2016 06:33 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Whistle goes WHOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOO
04-08-2016 06:35 AM
thewood3 Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of M
(04-08-2016 06:35 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  Whistle goes WHOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOO

Lol. BUB RUB
04-08-2016 06:43 AM
Advertisement

oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
From NBC Sports last night......

By Rob DausterApr 7, 2016, 11:51 PM EDT

Memphis head coach Josh Pastner has emerged as a leading candidate for the same position at Georgia Tech.

Pastner has spent the past seven seasons at Memphis. He reached four NCAA tournaments in his first five seasons, but over the course of the last two years, the Tigers won just 37 total games as the attendance at FedEx Forum as dipped considerably.

Tech fired Brian Gregory last month. They’ve targeted a number of coaches over the course of the last two weeks before settling on Pastner. The sticking point here: Pastner’s contract with Memphis. He’s scheduled to make more than $10 million over the next four years, and one source told NBCSports.com that the reason the deal is not yet done is that Pastner is trying to negotiate a deal where the Tigers supplement the salary he receives from Georgia Tech.

If Memphis were to open, it would be a highly-sought after job, one that would make a couple coaches that have already accepted a job regret jumping so early in the carousel. The names that you’ll hear mentioned for the opening: Bruce Pearl, Cuonzo Martin, Penny Hardaway and Gregg Marshall.

ESPN.com was the first to report the news.
04-08-2016 06:43 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2016 06:43 AM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  From NBC Sports last night......

Memphis head coach Josh Pastner has emerged as a leading candidate for the same position at Georgia Tech.

Pastner has spent the past seven seasons at Memphis. He reached four NCAA tournaments in his first five seasons, but over the course of the last two years, the Tigers won just 37 total games as the attendance at FedEx Forum as dipped considerably.

Tech fired Brian Gregory last month. They’ve targeted a number of coaches over the course of the last two weeks before settling on Pastner. The sticking point here: Pastner’s contract with Memphis. He’s scheduled to make more than $10 million over the next four years, and one source told NBCSports.com that the reason the deal is not yet done is that Pastner is trying to negotiate a deal where the Tigers supplement the salary he receives from Georgia Tech.

If Memphis were to open, it would be a highly-sought after job, one that would make a couple coaches that have already accepted a job regret jumping so early in the carousel. The names that you’ll hear mentioned for the opening: Bruce Pearl, Cuonzo Martin, Penny Hardaway and Gregg Marshall.

I'd take any of those coaches. In this order: Marshall, Martin, Pearl, Penny
04-08-2016 07:38 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards

Highly sought after? Some of our resident posters told us otherwise.
04-08-2016 07:42 AM
thewood3 Offline
1st String

JP better maximize this contract, b/c once he destroys the GT program, no one in their right mind will want him as a coach.
04-08-2016 07:43 AM
Titans3775 Offline
All American

I Root For: Nuclear Power
(04-08-2016 07:38 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  

As a UTK student, you don't want Martin. He is Josh Pastner. Tennessee fans hated him because he was a terrible coach here. Currently he has 2 lottery picks on his team and they got blown out a ton. If we hire Penny, Martin, or Capel we are idiots.
04-08-2016 07:54 AM
Advertisement

tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(04-08-2016 07:54 AM)Titans3775 Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 07:38 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  

As a UTK student, you don't want Martin. He is Josh Pastner. Tennessee fans hated him because he was a terrible coach here. Currently he has 2 lottery picks on his team and they got blown out a ton. If we hire Penny, Martin, or Capel we are idiots.

Thanks for the info. Watch your bunghole over there in k-vile
04-08-2016 07:57 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Well, I was off by a week but Pastner is indeed history.

Ever forward.
04-08-2016 08:00 AM
Memphomaniac Offline
1st String

I Root For: Whiskey
(04-08-2016 06:43 AM)thewood3 Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 06:35 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  Whistle goes WHOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOO

Lol. BUB RUB

... and Li'l Sis were proud to show it off.
04-08-2016 08:01 AM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

As PT Barnum would say...there's a sucker born every minute. Our sucker is Georgia Tech.

Now, watch Pastner win the national title at GT.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 08:03 AM by oruvoice.)
04-08-2016 08:03 AM
thewood3 Offline
1st String

(04-08-2016 08:03 AM)oruvoice Wrote:  As PT Barnum would say...there's a sucker born every minute. Our sucker is Georgia Tech.

Now, watch Pastner win the national title at GT.

Can't ever see that happening. But then again, would be typical Memphis luck.
04-08-2016 08:05 AM
Advertisement

Hoots Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Not gonna happen, but I'd like to see the Tigers approach Dan Majerle....
04-08-2016 08:10 AM
howboutthemtigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
Not to be the "wet blanket" here. I want rid of Josh more than anyone. But I can't find anywhere that claims this is a "done deal".
04-08-2016 08:11 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2016 08:11 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  Not to be the "wet blanket" here. I want rid of Josh more than anyone. But I can't find anywhere that claims this is a "done deal".

Brooks Hanson is saying it is.
04-08-2016 08:16 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

(04-08-2016 08:16 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 08:11 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  Not to be the "wet blanket" here. I want rid of Josh more than anyone. But I can't find anywhere that claims this is a "done deal".

Brooks Hanson is saying it is.

I'll believe it when the national media breaks it.
04-08-2016 08:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.