Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Grizzlies Playoff Chances
mkb627 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Memphis
MyBB Grizzlies Playoff Chances
Hey,

I was wondering if you guys would quickly read this article that I posted (yesterday) on the Memphis Grizzlies. I'm only 16 and I would like some feedback on my writing or on your opinions of the Grizzlies final stretch to make the playoffs.

Here is the link to the short article: http://mkb627.sportsblog.com/posts/15384...yoffs.html
04-06-2016 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
RE: Grizzlies Playoff Chances
Pretty good for a 16 year old. A few notes:
-Typo in the first paragraph, 3rd line: should be something like "They are now struggling to hold on to the five seed after having had a comfortable lead over the sixth seeded Blazers barely more than a week ago."
-Typo in the second paragraph, first line: missing the word "are" between 'that' and 'already'
-Also in the 2nd paragraph, on the 4th line when you're talking about the Mavs, I think it should be something like: "trying to pass Memphis to get into the fifth or six seed and are also trying to separate themselves from the 8th and 9th seeded Jazz and Rockets, respectively."
-Next line: I think there should be a comma after Golden State Warriors
-I'd change the 3rd line from the bottom of the 2nd paragraph to: They then travel to Los Angeles to play the team they're currently lined up to face in the postseason, the Los Angeles Clippers.
-I'd change the 2nd to last sentence of the paragraph to: And their final game of the season will be in Oakland against the Warriors.
-Typo in the first sentence of paragraph 3: "Reports came out late Monday that star PG Mike Conley, who HAVE been out for the past three to four weeks..." Change the word Have to Had
-2nd to last line of paragraph 3 reads: "Conley averaged 15.3 points and 6.1 assists this season, making him one of the best of the team." I don't think you need this sentence. I think you can merge it into the first sentence to become something like: "Reports came out late Monday that star PG Mike Conley, who was averaging 15 points and 6 assists and had been out for the past four weeks, is unlikely to return to the Grizzlies lineup by the end of the season."
-In the first line of the final paragraph you say the Grizzlies are not reliant on such and such players to carry the team to the playoffs. But I think you mean they are reliant. Who else are they relying on?
-Lastly, I think you should think about either breaking up the 2nd paragraph, or using some bullet points. It's just too long of a paragraph for the average reader.

Overall I liked it, just think it needs those edits to tighten it up a bit. Good job though
04-06-2016 12:22 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
As an OKC fan I can say that we're dying to the play the Grizzlies in the 1st round. With all their injuries it should be an easy sweep
04-06-2016 12:22 PM
mkb627 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Memphis
(04-06-2016 12:22 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  Pretty good for a 16 year old. A few notes:
-Typo in the first paragraph, 3rd line: should be something like "They are now struggling to hold on to the five seed after having had a comfortable lead over the sixth seeded Blazers barely more than a week ago."
-Typo in the second paragraph, first line: missing the word "are" between 'that' and 'already'
-Also in the 2nd paragraph, on the 4th line when you're talking about the Mavs, I think it should be something like: "trying to pass Memphis to get into the fifth or six seed and are also trying to separate themselves from the 8th and 9th seeded Jazz and Rockets, respectively."
-Next line: I think there should be a comma after Golden State Warriors
-I'd change the 3rd line from the bottom of the 2nd paragraph to: They then travel to Los Angeles to play the team they're currently lined up to face in the postseason, the Los Angeles Clippers.
-I'd change the 2nd to last sentence of the paragraph to: And their final game of the season will be in Oakland against the Warriors.
-Typo in the first sentence of paragraph 3: "Reports came out late Monday that star PG Mike Conley, who HAVE been out for the past three to four weeks..." Change the word Have to Had
-2nd to last line of paragraph 3 reads: "Conley averaged 15.3 points and 6.1 assists this season, making him one of the best of the team." I don't think you need this sentence. I think you can merge it into the first sentence to become something like: "Reports came out late Monday that star PG Mike Conley, who was averaging 15 points and 6 assists and had been out for the past four weeks, is unlikely to return to the Grizzlies lineup by the end of the season."
-In the first line of the final paragraph you say the Grizzlies are not reliant on such and such players to carry the team to the playoffs. But I think you mean they are reliant. Who else are they relying on?
-Lastly, I think you should think about either breaking up the 2nd paragraph, or using some bullet points. It's just too long of a paragraph for the average reader.

Overall I liked it, just think it needs those edits to tighten it up a bit. Good job though

Thank you! I will make those changes.
04-06-2016 01:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.