RE: Paul Ryan could be the choice.
Disgusting
04-03-2016 05:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
I'm still holding out for Kasich. He's the only one who wins straight up against Clinton. If Trump or Cruz, Republicans lose the Senate and House along with the White House.

Ryan sure would offend the POC (Pissed Off Crowd) but hey, f'ck 'em.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 05:10 PM by QuestionSocratic.)
04-03-2016 05:09 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-03-2016 05:09 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  I'm still holding out for Kasich. He's the only one who wins straight up against Clinton. If Trump or Cruz, Republicans lose the Senate and House along with the White House.

There is very little that will get me to vote for Democrats down-ballot. That would do it though.
04-03-2016 05:33 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Looks like I'll be voting Libertarian again, hopefully it'll be Gary Johnson.
04-03-2016 05:58 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Not going to happen. The delegates decide the nominee.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
04-03-2016 05:59 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Paul Ryan has never decided to run for president. Frankly, at this point, anyone other than the top two vote getters in the primaries is unacceptable to me.

The Republican Party establishment has proven to be totally unable to present any candidate for the office that the voters are interested in. If they play games, and present someone no one has chosen, they can shove their choice up their collective a$$es.

No wonder this country is so effed up. The Republican elites have no clue what their constituents want, while the Democrats are rallying around a dirty, slimy, should be felon..............No kidding.
04-03-2016 06:11 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(04-03-2016 05:33 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 05:09 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  I'm still holding out for Kasich. He's the only one who wins straight up against Clinton. If Trump or Cruz, Republicans lose the Senate and House along with the White House.

There is very little that will get me to vote for Democrats down-ballot. That would do it though.

This!

I will vote for Hillary or Bernie if they pull this.

I'm already convinced that the establishment is the single greatest threat to conservatism that exists today.
04-03-2016 06:12 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Is that Paul Ryan or Aaron Rogers in that link in the OP? I'd consider voting for Rogers (talk about a smoking hot first lady). Ryan - not so much.
04-03-2016 06:14 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-03-2016 06:11 PM)Crebman Wrote:  No wonder this country is so effed up. The Republican elites have no clue what their constituents want, while the Democrats are rallying around a dirty, slimy, should be felon..............No kidding.

The Republican elites generally have an idea what their constituents want...they just want nothing to do with it.

The idea has always been that their constituents have "nowhere else to go" and have no choice but to accept the establishment positions and policies or get a real liberal instead.

The 1st rebellion was the Tea Party which they cried about and finally co-opted. The 2nd rebellion has been Trump.

These tactical solutions like fake Tea Party candidates and planning for convention shenanigans aren't going to work forever. The Republican Party is going to have to change....or die.
04-03-2016 06:20 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-03-2016 06:20 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 06:11 PM)Crebman Wrote:  No wonder this country is so effed up. The Republican elites have no clue what their constituents want, while the Democrats are rallying around a dirty, slimy, should be felon..............No kidding.

The Republican elites generally have an idea what their constituents want...they just want nothing to do with it.

The idea has always been that their constituents have "nowhere else to go" and have no choice but to accept the establishment positions and policies or get a real liberal instead.

The 1st rebellion was the Tea Party which they cried about and finally co-opted. The 2nd rebellion has been Trump.

These tactical solutions like fake Tea Party candidates and planning for convention shenanigans aren't going to work forever. The Republican Party is going to have to change....or die.

I agree. The problem, in a nutshell, is that vast amounts of Republican voters want smaller, more efficient government. What the elites want, is exactly what we have today - just with themselves in charge of an ever expanding Federal government. Given that, more and more, I'm no so sure that the whole thing ought not implode from within. Maybe, if they pull these shenanigans-this will be the catalyst.
04-03-2016 06:39 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-03-2016 06:39 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
I agree. The problem, in a nutshell, is that vast amounts of Republican voters want smaller, more efficient government. What the elites want, is exactly what we have today - just with themselves in charge of an ever expanding Federal government. Given that, more and more, I'm no so sure that the whole thing ought not implode from within. Maybe, if they pull these shenanigans-this will be the catalyst.

Republican voters--or would-be republican voters--want smaller government. Politicians don't. It's that simple.
04-03-2016 06:41 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-03-2016 06:41 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Republican voters--or would-be republican voters--want smaller government. Politicians don't. It's that simple.

Yep. Politicians never want smaller government........smaller government would diminish their influence and power........screw what's best for the country.
04-03-2016 07:09 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-03-2016 07:09 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 06:41 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Yep. Politicians never want smaller government........smaller government would diminish their influence and power........screw what's best for the country.

no question about it....

hence, Trump (getting a shot)

I see no other candidate willing to make those types of moves...
04-03-2016 07:21 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-03-2016 06:11 PM)Crebman Wrote:  Paul Ryan has never decided to run for president. Frankly, at this point, anyone other than the top two vote getters in the primaries is unacceptable to me.

The Republican Party establishment has proven to be totally unable to present any candidate for the office that the voters are interested in. If they play games, and present someone no one has chosen, they can shove their choice up their collective a$$es.

No wonder this country is so effed up. The Republican elites have no clue what their constituents want, while the Democrats are rallying around a dirty, slimy, should be felon..............No kidding.

Even he said the nominee should be someone who ran for president.
04-03-2016 07:34 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Ryan or Kasich would be a great choice for a 50 state democrat landslide.
04-03-2016 07:57 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(04-03-2016 07:57 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Ryan or Kasich would be a great choice for a 50 state democrat landslide.

BS. That is absurd Herd.
04-03-2016 08:34 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
#neverpaul
04-03-2016 09:38 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(04-03-2016 08:34 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 07:57 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Ryan or Kasich would be a great choice for a 50 state democrat landslide.

BS. That is absurd Herd.

All my conservative friends would be out.
04-03-2016 09:39 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(04-03-2016 09:39 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 08:34 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

BS. That is absurd Herd.

All my conservative friends would be out.

I call fabrics.07-coffee3
04-03-2016 09:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.