UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Champlin: UAB interviews interim coach Robert Ehsan for men's basketball head job
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
MyBB Champlin: UAB interviews interim coach Robert Ehsan for men's basketball head job
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 08:28 PM by WesternBlazer.)
03-29-2016 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
RE: Champlin: UAB interviews interim coach Robert Ehsan for men's basketball head job
No comments yet? The board should be rejoicng
03-29-2016 09:06 PM
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

RE: Champlin: UAB interviews interim coach Robert Ehsan for men's basketball head job
Yay!
03-29-2016 09:28 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

[Image: homer-simpson.jpg]
03-29-2016 09:31 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

I still would like to see the kind of coach Ingram has in mine.
03-29-2016 10:34 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I swear, I think some of you are hoping he makes a bad hire.
03-29-2016 11:10 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Nope. Even if he makes a horrible hire we'd be stuck with them both for two or three years at best. I want him to hire a solid coach.

I just don't trust him to.
03-29-2016 11:31 PM
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
(03-29-2016 11:10 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I swear, I think some of you are hoping he makes a bad hire.

Everyone wants a good hire and for that hire to get Ingram a job elsewhere.
03-30-2016 12:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

Wow. I think Drew could have worded the headline a little better. 03-lmfao
03-30-2016 06:54 AM
DragonClaw Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Nice. Steady as she goes. Steady as she goes.
03-30-2016 07:37 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(03-30-2016 12:23 AM)stc Wrote:  
(03-29-2016 11:10 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I swear, I think some of you are hoping he makes a bad hire.

+1 I cant find one person hoping for a bad hire. I want a home run and give him 100% of the credit so he is hired away.

I was told by the same folks directing us in FREEUAB to keep the pressure on him about Rob. There is more to this than meets the eye. Don't be fooled this is 100% a Mark hire. We only hope he makes the right choice for the program as a whole.
03-30-2016 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(03-29-2016 11:31 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Nope. Even if he makes a horrible hire we'd be stuck with them both for two or three years at best. I want him to hire a solid coach.

Why on earth would a guy whose job is basically defined by making coaching hires make a piss poor hire? Set aside whatever feelings anybody has towards the man and ask that question. It's career suicide to do so just to piss off boosters anymore than he already has.

So far, these are the problems I have heard about Ingram:
He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room
He doesn't respond to emails
He wouldn't let Haase use the Birmingham jerseys(although unless I'm blind we used them in the conference tourney flameout)
He wasn't the boosters first choice for ad
He doesn't understand the relationship between uab and Alabama after two days on the job

Am I missing anything? If their are real gripes about things he is doing, why can't they be posted? If I went to say hi to him and he told me to F off i would post it here immediately. If you read this board as an outsider and saw the way our fan see reacted to anything he did, I don't think you would be shocked at all to learn he doesn't value the input of these people.
03-30-2016 08:10 AM
Blazer Engineer Offline
Skull Splitter

(03-30-2016 08:08 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
(03-30-2016 12:23 AM)stc Wrote:  

+1 I cant find one person hoping for a bad hire. I want a home run and give him 100% of the credit so he is hired away.

I was told by the same folks directing us in FREEUAB to keep the pressure on him about Rob. There is more to this than meets the eye. Don't be fooled this is 100% a Mark hire. We only hope he makes the right choice for the program as a whole.
Im hoping the BOT isn't pushing a candidate cough cough Pearson cough....
03-30-2016 08:15 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Simple things like a coaching hire (or promotion) turn into a cluster **** when you have to deal with a BOT that is against you, a president that is paid off, & an AD that is in over his head but likes his paycheck.
03-30-2016 08:23 AM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

(03-30-2016 08:10 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(03-29-2016 11:31 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Nope. Even if he makes a horrible hire we'd be stuck with them both for two or three years at best. I want him to hire a solid coach.

Why on earth would a guy whose job is basically defined by making coaching hires make a piss poor hire? Set aside whatever feelings anybody has towards the man and ask that question. It's career suicide to do so just to piss off boosters anymore than he already has.

He wouldn't let Haase use the Birmingham jerseys(although unless I'm blind we used them in the conference tourney flameout)
He doesn't understand the relationship between uab and Alabama after two days on the job

Am I missing anything? If their are real gripes about things he is doing, why can't they be posted? If I went to say hi to him and he told me to F off i would post it here immediately. If you read this board as an outsider and saw the way our fan see reacted to anything he did, I don't think you would be shocked at all to learn he doesn't value the input of these people.

I'm sure there is, but we can't tell you on this board. Or something like that. I like Mark, think he'll make a good hire.
03-30-2016 08:28 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Why was Callaway selected?
03-30-2016 08:30 AM
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

He's sent a personal response (not canned) to every email I've sent him, often in the same day. He may have shortcomings in other areas, but I haven't found him to be unresponsive.
03-30-2016 08:50 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

You forgot the biggest crime he has committed.

He was hired by Watts, a sin unforgiveable to many fans.
03-30-2016 08:53 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Which could possibly be redeemed some with this coaching hire.
03-30-2016 09:11 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies

Yes, a bunch. We are just not airing it in public.
03-30-2016 09:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.